Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: re-programming door-lock unlock feature  (Read 3199 times)

VOYAGER

• ANKARA/TURKEY
    • 1998 Omega CD V6 AUTO
    • View Profile
re-programming door-lock unlock feature
« on: 17 December 2014, 20:33:15 »

Hello everyone,
Has anyone seen or heard about below feature already installed in Cadillac Catera?
And, can we do something about our Omegas now that they are on the same platform?
I have tried but, no success at all... Any ideas?

Each remote keyless entry transmitter supplied with your vehicle can be programmed to suit each driver's door lock preference. The two remote keyless entry transmitters are identified on the back with either a "1" or a "2". Each transmitter can be programmed seperately.

The automatic door locks can be programmed (using the remote keyless entry transmitter) for various lock and unlock options.

With the igniton on, the transmission in PARK (P) and the brake pedal pressed down, you are now ready to begin programming.

-

To program:

All doors do not unlock when shifting into PARK (P) -
Press the unlock button on the remote keyless entry transmitter four times. Each press should be held for about one second with less than five seconds in between each press.

All doors unlock when shifting in to PARK (P) -
Press the unlock button on the remote keyless entry transmitter four times. Each press should be held for about one second with less than five seconds in between each press.

(Please note that the unlock button will toggle between the above two settings.)

All doors do not lock when shifting out of PARK (P) -
Press the lock button on the remote keyless entry transmitter four times. Each press should be held for about one second with less than five seconds in between each press.

All doors lock when shifting out of PARK (P) -
Press the lock button on the remote keyless entry four times. Each press should be held for about one second with less than five seconds in between each press.

(Please note that the lock button will toggle between the above two settings.)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: re-programming door-lock unlock feature
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2014, 20:44:13 »

Not possible on euro Omegas, but should be easy enough to make up a little box to do something (that works on the car, but not tied to a key - that would be more challenging)
Grumpy old man

VOYAGER

• ANKARA/TURKEY
    • 1998 Omega CD V6 AUTO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 December 2014, 11:19:33 »

Not possible on euro Omegas, but should be easy enough to make up a little box to do something (that works on the car, but not tied to a key - that would be more challenging)

You mean, other product by "TCM - Total Closure Module manufacturer" which is described here in OOF???

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 December 2014, 18:47:34 »

You mean, other product by "TCM - Total Closure Module manufacturer" which is described here in OOF???
I've yet to see such a product that would do what you want.
Grumpy old man

VOYAGER

• ANKARA/TURKEY
    • 1998 Omega CD V6 AUTO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 December 2014, 19:14:48 »

Just an idea, if we have BCM (Body Control Module) or equivalent on our Omegas, it might need little wiring if we know the schematic and pin numbers as described below:

AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCKING
With ignition switch in RUN, automatic door locking is activated by the BCM (Body Control Module) when vehicle is shifted out of PARK. All doors must be closed for automatic door locking function to occur. When ignition switch is in RUN position, a B+ (run/crank) signal is sent to the BCM from ignition switch. When transmission is shifted out of PARK, an (out of Park) input signal is sent to the BCM and grounds through the automatic transmission shift lock control switch. After the BCM receives these inputs, automatic door lock function is activated.
When transmission is shifted into PARK, a ground is removed from the (out of Park) input signal to the BCM. After BCM has detected the ground has been removed, it activates the door lock actuators to unlock. 

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 December 2014, 19:22:03 »

We don't.

The remote receiver is in the Central Locking/ATWS, and this same unit controls the lock motors.

Could potentially tap into the signal from drivers lock motor, to artificially tell the ATWS that somebody has manually locked the door.

But I doubt you'll find a ready made box, you'll be making something yourself - but this wouldn't be key specific as original post suggested you wanted it.  For that you'd have to tap in to the diags line of the immobiliser ECU, and read which key is current. Not impossible, but that would be a challenging PIC project.
Grumpy old man

4x4

« Reply #6 on: 18 December 2014, 20:28:39 »

Also you need to keep the safety feature that on impact the central locking must open.

VOYAGER

• ANKARA/TURKEY
    • 1998 Omega CD V6 AUTO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 December 2014, 21:38:11 »

Thank you for the ideas...
I think I will postpone this project or buy a Catera... :o

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 December 2014, 21:57:01 »

Or use the button on the door and a finger.

cjackel492

• Sussex
    • 2001 Omega Elite 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 December 2014, 22:58:30 »

I could quite easily make a module that could do the locking and even unlocking of the C/L depending on certain configuration options but as it's been said, it won't be easy to link this to individual remote's.

Carl,

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 December 2014, 00:12:16 »

I don't get why anyone would want the doors to auto lock.  If a hijacker doesn't have a gun, they aren't getting the car, if they have a gun, the locked doors won't stop them.

First thing I turned off on the Saab was the auto locking.  Annoying and pointless.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

VOYAGER

• ANKARA/TURKEY
    • 1998 Omega CD V6 AUTO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 December 2014, 23:29:59 »

I don't get why anyone would want the doors to auto lock.  If a hijacker doesn't have a gun, they aren't getting the car, if they have a gun, the locked doors won't stop them.

First thing I turned off on the Saab was the auto locking.  Annoying and pointless.

Actually; the issue is to bring a kind of feature in the car and to protect family from the baggers and sellers as well, while you are at the traffic light. :o At the same time, auto lock feature is a deterrent force if you have such a feature in your car... :y

05omegav6

« Reply #12 on: 28 December 2014, 03:50:16 »

The lock pin is conveniently located next to the drivers elbow ;)

From experience the Omega is quite a difficult car to open the doors of under duress the influence... this is because it doesn't have proper door handles that are easy to grab, so people have to stop and think to ensure that their hand is the right way up to lift the handle. Not obvious if you drunk or rushing ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.