Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Telematics lead  (Read 927 times)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Telematics lead
« on: 22 February 2009, 21:35:58 »

Question for TB / MDTM really, does this look like it will do the job?

The loom between the ISO's is about 28cm from plug to socket, the tails will obviously be joined to the Telematics plug and loom when I next pick it up.

Sorry about the photo quality!  :-[
« Last Edit: 22 February 2009, 21:37:20 by VXL_V6 »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Telematics lead
« Reply #1 on: 23 February 2009, 07:49:01 »

As long as it allows you to tap into the CAN bus, and provide the audio onto aux-in (note, it seems MUTE is not required).  As a luxury, connect it to diag line as well.

Other requirements - 12v, 0V, MIC easily obtainable elsewhere.  There is also a connection to SRS ECU, but I didn't conect that (calls SOS programmed number when airbag deploys)
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 February 2009, 08:36:28 »

Cheers TB

I was thinking more about the loom length as the cars loom ISO needs to be pulled back to the right then connected to this on the facelift (not sure what the space is like on a pre-facelift).

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 February 2009, 08:38:41 »

Cheers TB

I was thinking more about the loom length as the cars loom ISO needs to be pulled back to the right then connected to this on the facelift (not sure what the space is like on a pre-facelift).

Loom length will eb fine.

The ideal would eb to use small coax for the audio (i.e. screened) and a twisted pair for the CAN bus.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 February 2009, 08:45:10 »

Cheers TB

The ideal would eb to use small coax for the audio (i.e. screened) and a twisted pair for the CAN bus.

Thanks Mark

The tail I have from the genuine Telematics I bought is unscreened for the Audio (Gr/Br and whatever the other colour is!  ::)), however the thicker black wire is the CAN pair in a toughened outer.
« Last Edit: 23 February 2009, 08:45:29 by VXL_V6 »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 February 2009, 10:47:05 »

Cheers TB

Thanks Mark

The tail I have from the genuine Telematics I bought is unscreened for the Audio (Gr/Br and whatever the other colour is!  ::)), however the thicker black wire is the CAN pair in a toughened outer.
I don't think the audio or the CAN is twisted in the car to be honest.

I successfully used CAT5 (all I had to hand!) for the CAN, down the length of car (my telematics is mounted in BOSE shelf).  I also used cat5 for audio/mic, which may be less successful, but won't know until I sort out the audio transformer issue...
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 February 2009, 11:03:20 »

Cheers TB

Thanks Mark

I successfully used CAT5 (all I had to hand!) for the CAN, down the length of car (my telematics is mounted in BOSE shelf).  I also used cat5 for audio/mic, which may be less successful, but won't know until I sort out the audio transformer issue...

TB, if you peel back some of the tape off that loom of mine at the ISO end you'll be able to see the GM CAN cable (very tough construction). Had a quick browse around the obvious suppliers but no-one seem to supply anything similar.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 February 2009, 11:21:28 »

Cheers TB

Thanks Mark

TB, if you peel back some of the tape off that loom of mine at the ISO end you'll be able to see the GM CAN cable (very tough construction). Had a quick browse around the obvious suppliers but no-one seem to supply anything similar.

Yeah, seen plenty of that - fitted radio end, mid end, and on cdc3, cdc end.

Looks not dissimilar to 2 core mains flex...
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.655 seconds with 22 queries.