Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aftermarket sound system advice please  (Read 696 times)

SJKOO01

Aftermarket sound system advice please
« on: 04 July 2010, 14:50:28 »

You'll have to excuse me, but I'm not up on sound systems these days, I may seam bit thick here ?!.

I'm thinking of changing over my standard CDR2005 head unit for a single din & cd changer system.

I've been given a JVC package which is an old system, but unused and boxed, and it consists of a JVC KS-FX202 tape deck head unit 4x40w, and a CH-X500 changer unit.

However I have a Sony FX5000 cd head unit that is 4x50w, and I've checked the JVC changer to head unit lead, and it fits without any problem.
The Sony unit has buttons to control a cd changer system, so I'm just wondering if the changer unit will work ok, or if there would be a confliction between the two units because of different manufactures ??.

If there would be, then I stick in the tape deck unit anyway, as I'll have the option of playing CD's anyhow.

I know that I'll lose the steering remote option, which I'm not bothered about.

I currently still have the Traffic master system, but will be finally getting around to pulling the unit & loom out totally, but is there anyone that can advise on any other problems that I may experience please

Thanks.

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
Re: Aftermarket sound system advice please
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2010, 18:50:18 »

The SONY and JVC share the same power connector on that model, but the CD protocol (or language) is different.

JVC Changer = JVC head unit needed

:y
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

SJKOO01

Re: Aftermarket sound system advice please
« Reply #2 on: 04 July 2010, 20:07:48 »

Thought there maybe something that would make it difficult to use them together, but thought I would ask someone who may know better, as I thought nothing to lose  ::) .

Thanks for letting me know Dave, will use the tape head unit with the changer then, least it'll be a bit of an anti-theft idea, as most young thefts may point and say, Christ I've heard my grandad talk about these things, who's the olddie using this one then ?!  ;D

Cheers for the advice  :y
« Last Edit: 04 July 2010, 20:09:39 by SJKOO01 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.