Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Nice mig in the scrappy  (Read 3962 times)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
Re: Nice mig in the scrappy
« Reply #15 on: 15 April 2013, 17:06:59 »

Key found. Runs like shit and is showing codes for misfires on both banks, taxed till the end of May, MOT until November, recent crank sensor fitted, getting delivered tomorrow :) :)

Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15 April 2013, 17:32:24 »

Key found. Runs like shit and is showing codes for misfires on both banks, taxed till the end of May, MOT until November, recent crank sensor fitted, getting delivered tomorrow :) :)

Cheap enough nonetheless, good buy if you ask me  :y.
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

STMO123

« Reply #17 on: 15 April 2013, 17:58:01 »

Keep your eye on eBay. That scally will have it up as a minter.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 April 2013, 18:48:52 »

Keep your eye on eBay. That scally will have it up as a minter.

Your right, I would have any munter......sorry misread that Ste.
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Dazzler

• Omega Baron
  • Haverhill, Suffolk
  • Drive it like you stole it......
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15 April 2013, 20:36:10 »

New plugs and cam cover gaskets and job done hopefully but may need coil pack too. Result :y
Big jobbies now finished.....Now running on LPG

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 April 2013, 00:14:01 »

Don't forget to check to boot for a dead body ::)
Retired

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 April 2013, 17:38:03 »

Well it's here, top end stripped within half hour along with the obligatory cut's to my hands. Drivers side coil pack bathed in oil and cracked, drivers side dry as a bone but original coil pack a bit manky so will need cheap/used replacements. Gaskets on order!!

2.6 is a much tidier engine bay than a 3.0  :y

Dazzler

• Omega Baron
  • Haverhill, Suffolk
  • Drive it like you stole it......
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 April 2013, 20:28:24 »

Just the cover leaking oil then :y
Big jobbies now finished.....Now running on LPG

STMO123

« Reply #23 on: 16 April 2013, 21:05:29 »

Well it's here, top end stripped within half hour along with the obligatory cut's to my hands. Drivers side coil pack bathed in oil and cracked, drivers side dry as a bone but original coil pack a bit manky so will need cheap/used replacements. Gaskets on order!!

Jammy bastard....just like Everton.

John-R

• Liverpool
    • 2003 2.6 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 April 2013, 12:31:44 »

2.6 is a much tidier engine bay than a 3.0 

Get plenty of "2.6" practice. Put you in good form for mine  :y :y :y
You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose . . but you can't pick your friends nose !

omega3000

« Reply #25 on: 17 April 2013, 14:35:14 »

Does it need an oil cooler  :-\

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17 April 2013, 18:15:00 »

Does it need an oil cooler  :-\

Not from what I can see so far

ozonekiller

• kettering
  • do it sideways
    • '03 2.6 cdx auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17 April 2013, 22:21:58 »

I had an oil spill in the same location as the one you mention plus bad misfire and management light flicking on and off. Still made it back from Glasgow to Northampton though. Fault-coded it and it listed a misfire in the RH bank. Turned out to be the rocker gasket breaking down and letting oil fill the plug recesses plus letting oil flood down the gearbox and exhaust from that half-moon shaped bit. Hot oil cooked the coil pack which cracked and was full of oil. I got a dis pack for £70 from VauxhalWorldParts.com (half price effectively, and it arrived next day). That's for the v-6. Not tooooo bad a job if you have all day!! I managed to do it without removing the fuel lines from the intake but is was a very tight squeeze to get the cover back in without dropping the rubbery bits. Oh, and I've got three hands.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18 April 2013, 12:48:59 »

I had an oil spill in the same location as the one you mention plus bad misfire and management light flicking on and off. Still made it back from Glasgow to Northampton though. Fault-coded it and it listed a misfire in the RH bank. Turned out to be the rocker gasket breaking down and letting oil fill the plug recesses plus letting oil flood down the gearbox and exhaust from that half-moon shaped bit. Hot oil cooked the coil pack which cracked and was full of oil. I got a dis pack for £70 from VauxhalWorldParts.com (half price effectively, and it arrived next day). That's for the v-6. Not tooooo bad a job if you have all day!! I managed to do it without removing the fuel lines from the intake but is was a very tight squeeze to get the cover back in without dropping the rubbery bits. Oh, and I've got three hands.

Seems to be the same scenario with this one with the driver side leaking, will try and clean up the CP's but got some known good ones on the way from an OOF member just in case. I'm well versed in stripping the top end off after doing the exhaust manifolds on my last Mig so find it easier to gat all the crap out of the way and it's then easier to get to the breathers too. Fingers crossed it pans out smoothly.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 22 queries.