Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I Want One Of These (RECYCLING)  (Read 3700 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: I Want One Of These (RECYCLING)
« Reply #15 on: 02 April 2021, 16:44:18 »

Doesn't take a genius to scale it up for a tower block type place... Large commercial bins for all three options. :-X

Tower blocks have rubbish chutes the residents just dump everything down
retro-fitting 2 or 3 additional chutes for  cardboard, glass, metal or whatever to old buildings is not workable in many cases.

and if it was, that doesn't mean people would put things down the correct chute, much like people don't put things in the right bins ,either through stupidity or laziness

...and that is the problem Dave :y :y

That is what the council guy and I will be looking into.  There is not enough space around the base of many blocks for the bulk waste bins normally supplied. So, we have already agreed that there has to be a separate recycling bulk bins - each for glass, metal, cardboard, plastic - area away from the blocks - say one site for 3-4 blocks.  But that is a cost that may not be able to be covered by the selling of the recyclable material. In addition there is that human nature issue....................................!!  To persuade residents to walk with their separated recycling, let alone them separating in the process is a very real issue.

On the face of it that is why the waste contractor, around Ashford it is Biffa, simply takes everything collected from the many blocks of flats and apartments to the incinerator. It is a very real issue that somehow has a solution! :P :P :D ;)
« Last Edit: 02 April 2021, 16:45:57 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 April 2021, 16:48:00 »

There's that... In which case, someone will have to pay more to sort the rubbish before they bury it. Or make the residents sort the rubbish before dropping it down the hole.

But there is just one chute for one bin, as Dave correctly stated. ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 April 2021, 16:48:55 »

In addition there is that human nature issue....................................!!  To persuade residents to walk with their separated recycling, let alone them separating in the process is a very real issue. ....

and there's not a chance they will .... as above, at work, the bins are virtually next to each other and waste just goes into the closest bin

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 April 2021, 17:12:33 »

You only have to look at the rubbish left in parks across the country  earlier this week, to realise that quite a number of people couldn't give a toss about the environment or recycling.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 April 2021, 17:52:08 »

You only have to look at the rubbish left in parks across the country  earlier this week, to realise that quite a number of people couldn't give a toss about the environment or recycling.

Yes, those scenes were disgusting! >:( >:(

So many people now think that someone else will pick up their rubbish as they are so stupid and lazy to do it themselves >:( >:(

They never seemed to get fined, so like for the bulk fly tippers of this world there is no real deterrent. 
« Last Edit: 02 April 2021, 17:54:37 by Lizzie Zoom »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02 April 2021, 18:59:34 »

Surely the LA can claim credits for setting, and meeting, recycling targets, so the incentives might not be as obvious as selling the recycling. You should look at the West Sussex system as a whole.

A more extreme solution would be to remove such housing altogether, but I appreciate that's not necessarily a populist view.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 April 2021, 19:20:00 »

the local country park was full of barbeque stuff & beer cans/bottles this morning  >:( >:(

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02 April 2021, 19:39:29 »

All the reports regards the parks and scattered waste is bad enough looking at the ammount left.  But in all fairness why why dont they put bigger bins in place even if its just for bank holidays or school holidays.  I am sure this would encourage people to place thier waste in them.

I havent been in a park for a few years but when I was the bins were allways overflowing.

Who do you blame, the park authorities or the people who cant find space in the bin for thier rubbish?
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02 April 2021, 19:42:55 »

Thats the problem , people a lazy f1cks.

We live rural with no refuse collections. It is quite easy to separate stuff into categories and then put it in the right bins.

We open the lid for the “ general waste” i.e. landfill and lazy s0ds have just put everything in there. People are just lazy. I don’t know what the answer is
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02 April 2021, 19:48:33 »

All the reports regards the parks and scattered waste is bad enough looking at the ammount left.  But in all fairness why why dont they put bigger bins in place even if its just for bank holidays or school holidays.  I am sure this would encourage people to place thier waste in them.

I havent been in a park for a few years but when I was the bins were allways overflowing.

Who do you blame, the park authorities or the people who cant find space in the bin for thier rubbish?

THE PEOPLE . Got rubbish? Take responsibility and take it away with you to dispose of. I still see lazy f1cks opening a pack of fags and stuff just dropping out of their hands. Farmers near us just lob their rubbish out of their vehicles as they escape home to the town at the end of the day or tie it up neatly and put it in a tree for a fox to rip apart later.  Take responsibility.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02 April 2021, 20:49:32 »

you could put 10 skips in our park & you'd still get the louts lob their McDonalds/other fast food packaging out of the window of their car in the car park ..... you see litter on the floor next to the bins.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02 April 2021, 21:21:59 »

you could put 10 skips in our park & you'd still get the louts lob their McDonalds/other fast food packaging out of the window of their car in the car park ..... you see litter on the floor next to the bins.

That really gets my goat and sadly is a common sight in the car parks of McDonalds, KFC etc  >:(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02 April 2021, 21:33:48 »

I reckon litter picking duties ought to be given to the youth offenders.  Put them in PINK high viz jackets and hard hats and put them in all the busiest places  :-\

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02 April 2021, 22:01:49 »

There was a post in Doncaster the other day and all I could think of was the last time I went in to Donny from the A1 the dual carriage was totally full of all sorts of waste paper and full of ground in road dirt and looked like it had been like that for weeks. :-X

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.