Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What PayPal do with your Info, .....and that Facial Recognition thing again.  (Read 1675 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile

If you verify you PayPal Account with either your Passport or Driving Licence or other National Photo ID, PayPal sell the Photo and its corresponding Info and Data to Microsoft US Corp, which then gets used and Stored for MS next generation of Facial Recognition Program which is specifically aimed towards the US Federal Government, UK and other Euro Govs.

If your in Asia, same deal really PayPal sells it to Baidu for the Baidu Eye Project (Baidu is the Chinise Goverments Controlled equivalent of Google, as Google is still currently Banned in China).

Just thought Id mention it, so smile your on CCTV.  ::)

STEMO

I've had a PayPal account for donks and have no intention of 'verifying' it. I only use it to pay, not receive, and have a credit card registered, not a bank account.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile

I've had a PayPal account for donks and have no intention of 'verifying' it. I only use it to pay, not receive, and have a credit card registered, not a bank account.
Thats fine then if none of your Photos are involved, PayPal will just sell what ever general Data they have on you to the other 600+ Companies they sell stuff to around the Globe.  :(

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile

I've never been asked to give them ID.

To avoid a direct connection to my bank account and still gain 'verified' status, you can add the account (they make a couple of pence deposits, which you tell them the amount to verify you hold that account), once verified you can then remove the account. This will still allow you to withdraw PP funds to your account, but no money can be taken from your account. My only source of payment is a credit card on PP as it adds another level of protection.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

STEMO

I've never been asked to give them ID.

To avoid a direct connection to my bank account and still gain 'verified' status, you can add the account (they make a couple of pence deposits, which you tell them the amount to verify you hold that account), once verified you can then remove the account. This will still allow you to withdraw PP funds to your account, but no money can be taken from your account. My only source of payment is a credit card on PP as it adds another level of protection.
That may not be true. Your cc provider will usually only give you section 75 protection on purchases of over £100 if only two parties are involved. If you put a third party in the middle, i.e. PayPal, then they can get a bit arsey, esp as PayPal offer purchase protection of their own.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile

I can't say I've had an issue, I've had to claim from my card as well because Paypal as gits.

It's still better to use a CC than DC or give PP unlimited access to your account.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

STEMO

Wow! Divine intervention. Just received the new T&C's from MBNA through the post, as they have been taken over by Lloyds.
CLAIMS FOR UNSATISFACTORY GOODS OR SERVICES
This protection will not apply for cash withdrawals, balance transfers or money transfers you ask us to make. This protection will also not apply if you use your card to fund an account with a third party provider (like PayPal) and then pay for goods or services with that account.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile

Wow! Divine intervention. Just received the new T&C's from MBNA through the post, as they have been taken over by Lloyds.

That explains why they've withdrawn all the decent airmiles offers. idiots.

aaronjb

That explains why they've withdrawn all the decent airmiles offers. idiots.

BA Amex works quite nicely for that .. unless where you shop doesn't accept Amex, of course.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile

If you verify you PayPal Account with either your Passport or Driving Licence or other National Photo ID, PayPal sell the Photo and its corresponding Info and Data to Microsoft US Corp, which then gets used and Stored for MS next generation of Facial Recognition Program which is specifically aimed towards the US Federal Government, UK and other Euro Govs.

If your in Asia, same deal really PayPal sells it to Baidu for the Baidu Eye Project (Baidu is the Chinise Goverments Controlled equivalent of Google, as Google is still currently Banned in China).

Just thought Id mention it, so smile your on CCTV.  ::)

It has been in the news since yesterday that Arsebook do the same with sharing all your personal data including photographs &  direct messages with deals with Microsoft, Google, Netflix & Spotify and many others including Russian & Chinese intelligence. >:( >:( >:( Where Arsebook was instrumental, while they & Zuckerber looked the other way, in helping to throw the US election in Trump's favour, Zuckerberg will do well to not get any jail time. Congress have now got the US tech sector in their sights where they have been playing fast & loose with peoples data & US law far toomuch for far too long, so expect a backlash & massive clampdown on them in the next couple of years. :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

aaronjb

While we are wearing our tinfoil hats, then: https://twitter.com/PowerDNS_Bert/status/1073641249192726528?s=19

tl;dr: Firefox will soon, by default, send the name of every site you visit to Cloudflare, for "privacy". Cloudflare are in hot water with the US Govt for re-hosting terrorist content. Supposition is that Cloudflare will quietly give all of your browsing data to the US Govt to make the hot water tepid again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.