Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Saturday telly ...  (Read 3824 times)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: Can Saturday telly ...
« Reply #30 on: 11 April 2021, 14:00:27 »

That's not very diverse... What about the half caste ginger kid that no one mentions...

Married an actress and moved to California?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11 April 2021, 14:03:51 »

Oh yes ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11 April 2021, 15:35:30 »

I just watched a a film about nature that I recorded yesterday. . . . Sharon Stone was in it ::) :-X
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11 April 2021, 17:21:04 »

One new series starting on Tuesday I believe which I actually enjoy watching The Yorkshire Vet, really envy folk who are fortunate enough to live in that area of the country , yes I do realise that the thread was about Saturday TV but I believe like most that it is total rubbish.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11 April 2021, 17:43:20 »

One new series starting on Tuesday I believe which I actually enjoy watching The Yorkshire Vet, really envy folk who are fortunate enough to live in that area of the country , yes I do realise that the thread was about Saturday TV but I believe like most that it is total rubbish.
Don't be envious of living up there, around boroughbridge and thirsk. They are pleasant enough, but the whole area is rammed between May and September. Strangers wandering around and traffic jams would put me right off. Supermarkets rip you off because they are few and far between, same with fuel.
Folk also mistake everyone for a country bumpkin, who've retired up their and don't really mind in you park in their garage  ;D
« Last Edit: 11 April 2021, 17:46:45 by STEMO »
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11 April 2021, 18:27:19 »

I would have to watch telly to have an opinion of it :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11 April 2021, 18:44:11 »

I lived near Thirsk for two years and it was very pleasant, but the coldest winters I’ve ever encountered, including the North of Scotland. It was the winds that cut across the North Yorkshire plain. Nice beer there as well.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11 April 2021, 18:47:01 »

We have got hooked on The Yorkshire Vet. Waiting for the new series of Our Yorkshire Farm on Tuesday night. I really admire that family, the no nonsense bringing up of their kids, how they all work together to keep the farm. And what a glorious area to live. Envy ;)
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 11 April 2021, 18:58:58 »

It is so bad that I use whatever TV time I have to catch up on history channels like PBS America (CH91) and Yesterday (CH25).

Really good they are but as for the main channels, I agree they are almost unwatchable. :( :(
Can't be dealing with the American channels, as they are made for people even more thick that the average British viewer, so take dumbing down to way beyond BBC levels.

Plus, been for the Sherman market with ad breaks every 10 minutes, nothing is actually learnt in an hour long programme, as every 6 minutes, we have to have a recap of the pre ad section, and then look forward to what will be later in the programme. By the time that recap is complete, its time for another ad break, and the whole thing repeats.

The Nazi Channel (Yesterday) has good, if dumbed down, programmes. But there are limits to how many times I can watch about the abandoned Goat Canyon Trestle bridge...
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11 April 2021, 19:05:40 »

We have got hooked on The Yorkshire Vet. Waiting for the new series of Our Yorkshire Farm on Tuesday night. I really admire that family, the no nonsense bringing up of their kids, how they all work together to keep the farm. And what a glorious area to live. Envy ;)

Hadn't seen that about Yorkshire Farm, like that as well good evening's viewing.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 11 April 2021, 19:06:29 »

I lived near Thirsk for two years and it was very pleasant, but the coldest winters I’ve ever encountered, including the North of Scotland. It was the winds that cut across the North Yorkshire plain. Nice beer there as well.
That's Yorkshire for you, Chris:

Yes, it is April 11th and yes, that is snow.
« Last Edit: 11 April 2021, 19:08:34 by STEMO »
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 11 April 2021, 19:07:35 »

Fixed
Diesel till I die

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 11 April 2021, 19:09:22 »

Our garden just turned white Steve :y
Struth...that house opposite is spit image of mine (the one at the end of the drive)  :)
« Last Edit: 11 April 2021, 19:12:11 by Terbs »
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 11 April 2021, 19:10:27 »

It is so bad that I use whatever TV time I have to catch up on history channels like PBS America (CH91) and Yesterday (CH25).

Really good they are but as for the main channels, I agree they are almost unwatchable. :( :(
Can't be dealing with the American channels, as they are made for people even more thick that the average British viewer, so take dumbing down to way beyond BBC levels.

Plus, been for the Sherman market with ad breaks every 10 minutes, nothing is actually learnt in an hour long programme, as every 6 minutes, we have to have a recap of the pre ad section, and then look forward to what will be later in the programme. By the time that recap is complete, its time for another ad break, and the whole thing repeats.

The Nazi Channel (Yesterday) has good, if dumbed down, programmes. But there are limits to how many times I can watch about the abandoned Goat Canyon Trestle bridge...

Thanks TB! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

Actually PBS America often show documentaries made by the likes of the BBC, and those produced by American broadcasters can be very good, but of course, like with watching British TV, you do have to be selective.

Yesterday does more than show documentaries like Abandoned Engineering, with at the moment a new series showing, broadcasting a whole range of history based productions often by great producers.

But yes, so many of the other American channels are best missed. :y
« Last Edit: 11 April 2021, 19:12:12 by Lizzie Zoom »

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 11 April 2021, 19:11:04 »

We had Sleet this morning when we left Lincolnshire, and about two hours ago here in Surrey had the same , crazy weather.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.