Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Chipped!  (Read 4756 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Chipped!
« on: 12 April 2021, 21:18:36 »

We've had a few jokes about the Covid vaccines containing a 'Bill Gates nano chip', but it seems that it might be nearer to the truth than we think!  :o

America's DARPA have been working on an implant that constantly monitors the blood and will tell you if you are developing Covid before you develop symptoms.  "It's like a 'Check Engine' light" they say.  :)

So maybe we will be chipped like dogs after all.  ::)

More details here!
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Chipped!
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2021, 22:03:55 »

Being serious for a minute. The future of medicine surely is that type of gear. Already you can get fitbits and oxygen monitors. It is only a small step to the devices being provided by national health service and reporting back to base if there is an issue . Then you would get beeped with an appointment to have further tests etc.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2021, 22:24:02 »

I was reading last week about an endoscopy pill. You swallow a small 'sub' with a camera in it and get kitted out with the equipment that picks up it's transmissions. During the night it passes down through your oesophagus to your stomach, recording all the while, then through your intestines and out.
Next day you go back and the images are downloaded.
Diesel till I die

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 April 2021, 23:26:50 »

I'm with Varche on this. You only have to look at the number of diseases that are easily treatable if caught early and easily fatal if not. Prostate and bowel cancer spring to mind here. That's before you think about lifestyle diseases like Type 2 diabetes.

Many of these can be detected with a blood test, so having something constantly monitoring your bloods is a logical step. I have a mate who's diabetic and he has a little chip thing on his upper arm that monitors his blood sugar 24/7 and pings his phone with the results. No more poking the finger and using test strips.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 April 2021, 07:33:34 »

I was reading last week about an endoscopy pill. You swallow a small 'sub' with a camera in it and get kitted out with the equipment that picks up it's transmissions. During the night it passes down through your oesophagus to your stomach, recording all the while, then through your intestines and out.

There is apparently a 3 hour utube clip of this to watch!🙈

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 April 2021, 08:12:40 »

Sounds delightful ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 April 2021, 10:06:25 »

Sounds like a Victorian Antimony Pill  ;D ;D

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 April 2021, 10:29:16 »

Years ago babies were being abducted from maternity wards so they started putting security on these wards, but there was talk of having babies chipped at birth.

Image if the gov got its way, we would all have health and GPS monitors in us.

Then they could track health issues and deal with them, they would know where to send an ambulance if you had an accident  and they would process more speeding fines

Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 April 2021, 12:46:42 »

You lot spend way too much time on Faceachebook  ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 April 2021, 13:00:36 »

You lot spend way too much time on Faceachebook  ;D

The baby thing was before facebook and I wouldnt put anything out of reach for future governments.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 April 2021, 21:35:34 »

We've had a few jokes about the Covid vaccines containing a 'Bill Gates nano chip', but it seems that it might be nearer to the truth than we think!  :o

If it is a Bill Gates nano chip then it's going to need service pack 1 and about 30 updates by now  :P

one of the latest windows 10 updates stops windows updating and you have to manually update it ,another stops microsoft updates from being installed  :o

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 April 2021, 12:07:56 »

With my dodgy guts they'd get the speeded up version.  ::) 
08:55  Swallow camera capsule
09:00  Eat full English Breakfast
09:10  Sit on toilet

They could be viewing the results by 09:20.  :y  If I coated the camera capsule with Piri Piri it would burn on the way out so I'd know which bit to catch.  ;D ::)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14 April 2021, 15:01:12 »

With my dodgy guts they'd get the speeded up version.  ::) 
08:55  Swallow camera capsule
09:00  Eat full English Breakfast
09:10  Sit on toilet

They could be viewing the results by 09:20.  :y  If I coated the camera capsule with Piri Piri it would burn on the way out so I'd know which bit to catch.  ;D ::)
You're being very silly. Obviously the little man driving it would see what was happening and give it some reverse thrust.  ::)
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 14 April 2021, 17:45:43 »

If it is a Bill Gates nano chip then it's going to need service pack 1 and about 30 updates by now  :P

one of the latest windows 10 updates stops windows updating and you have to manually update it ,another stops microsoft updates from being installed  :o
//TB has to think back when MS last did Service Packs, and can't remember if there were any last decade.  Win7/W2K8R2 might have sneaked one very early last decade ;D

I think for the most part, MS do a good job of updates.  Its an infinately open architecture they have to support, and its rare they cock up.  Unlike Apple, for example, who own the hardware and OS and still make everything buggy and unstable as possible.  Trouble is, without Gates, they are just like Apple without Jobs, directionless, stale, dull.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14 April 2021, 17:54:46 »

Very loose connection to the thread, but........I just glanced at my gaypad sitting on the arm of the sofa with the sun shining on it. The screen was a mass of fingerprints and streaks but, when I picked it up and switched the screen on, the display was perfect.
I remember when touch screens first came out, and you were constantly cleaning them or it was like looking through a fog.
Diesel till I die
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.