Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thermostat  (Read 953 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Thermostat
« on: 08 November 2020, 20:43:27 »

I'm back on with step daughters Meriva.Been up to look at it today [despite what the RAC man told her the other day it's turning over normally]Coolant is leaking from the thermostat housing so she's ordered a new one of those but it doesn't come with a thermostat and we can't figure out which thermostat she needs[it was replaced by the garage she bought the car from last year so should still be good but it'd be nice to have one on hand when I do the housing just in case]anyone know a part number or anything for the one she needs?Car is a 12 plate Meriva MKII with the A14 XER engine. TIA.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Thermostat
« Reply #1 on: 09 November 2020, 12:37:34 »

The genuine housing with temp sensors are very cheap (around £20) with the stat clipping in much like it does on the Omega.

Is this the early type with detachable thermostat sub assembly or the later where it is the bigger assembly with branches etc all in one?

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 November 2020, 16:27:06 »

I believe it's the early type.The housing has a longish curved pipe from the top hose to the area where the thermostat lives.The curved pipe bit has a take off for a small bore hose and there's another hose comes out at the bulkhead side.temp sensor pushes into housing more or less central to where the 'stat itself is and is held by a spring clip.She's found the housing complete with sensor on e-bay  for sub £20 but it doesn't come with the thermostat fitted.She tried looking on ECP but they only show the wrong thermostat for hers at about £60.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 November 2020, 19:28:31 »

So this is what is incorrectly described as the thermostat housing when in reality it is just a distribution pipe with temperature sensor

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302386302244

The actual thermostat:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293477475117

Is attached to the waterpump

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173694142986

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 November 2020, 20:28:10 »

That top link is the housing she's ordered and is the part where the water leak is.It was me that figured[from it being called the thermostat housing]that it also held the 'stat,I didn't know it was at the water pump end.As it was behaving normally[I'm told]and I only thought to get one just in case I'll hold off on getting one until I see what progress[if any] I make on curing the water leak and sorting the cutting out/re-starting issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.