Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Brilliant replacement.  (Read 4229 times)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: Brilliant replacement.
« Reply #30 on: 28 November 2020, 14:20:18 »

Is there something difficult about holding the cap in your "free" hand  ??? ??? :-X

As a 'woke' person I have to say that is not an acceptable comment to make in 2020. Not every person has a 'free hand'..... ;D ;D ;)
Not sure you're allowed to pleasure yourself whilst filling up with petrol :-\ even in Lincolnshire...

Hmmm......you may be correct, but I'm not sure there is a specific anti-wanking law prohibiting such action. :)

Makes you wonder what the prohibited symbol for that would be.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 28 November 2020, 15:24:55 »

I can think of more serious issues to worry about with JLR cars though...
They are generally reliable and well designed now.  Both brands just carry so much reputation from being part of BL. Landrover has the additional problem of being owned by BMW for over a decade, which has trashed their reliability.

But anything from the latter part of Ford ownership, by the time Ford had fixed their own reliability issues and the BMW mentality had been removed from LR products, they stuff has been pretty solid.  So anything released in the last 15yrs or so, no major issues aside from early 6 speed ZF gearboxes, that impacted all manufacturers.

But a tarnished reputation is difficult to shake.
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 28 November 2020, 15:32:30 »

They are generally reliable and well designed now.  Both brands just carry so much reputation from being part of BL. Landrover has the additional problem of being owned by BMW for over a decade, which has trashed their reliability.

But anything from the latter part of Ford ownership, by the time Ford had fixed their own reliability issues and the BMW mentality had been removed from LR products, they stuff has been pretty solid.  So anything released in the last 15yrs or so, no major issues aside from early 6 speed ZF gearboxes, that impacted all manufacturers.

As you must remember TB I always said that I would never buy a Land Rover, but after driving the one I now own found it superb ,it has the Ford 3.6 TDV8 twin turbo engine which is said to be one of the best used, I really cannot fault it at all, the one to avoid is the 2.7 lots of engine problems which have been going on for years.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 28 November 2020, 16:22:58 »

As you must remember TB I always said that I would never buy a Land Rover, but after driving the one I now own found it superb ,it has the Ford 3.6 TDV8 twin turbo engine which is said to be one of the best used, I really cannot fault it at all, the one to avoid is the 2.7 lots of engine problems which have been going on for years.
Be careful with heresy of others who don't know what they are talking about. These people were incorrect about your RRS, and made their assumptions by guesswork ;)

The TDV6 2.7 is a robust lump, irrespective of its fitment in Pugs, JLR products or Ford products.  The V8 version of that generation, the 3.6 is equally robust.
Grumpy old man

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 29 November 2020, 07:32:57 »

One word.

STRING〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️🙈🙉🙊5p worth.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.