Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Miggenium Falcon - (stage 1 complete)  (Read 8447 times)

SHARPEY

• Elland
  • Sod it i'm off to the pub !!
    • View Profile
Re: Miggenium Falcon - (stage 1 complete)
« Reply #30 on: 22 April 2008, 21:17:33 »

Is it a case of too much money or too much time I wonder !?  ;D

Whichever it is you certainly have to my mind, one of the best looking motors I have seen for a while. If you get bored of it by just after Christmas this year then give me a shout as I would have it off your hands straight away although I do realise the chances are slim !

Keep the photos coming when it changes again. :y

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 23 April 2008, 23:31:11 »

i like everything you have done aside from the wheels....wayyyyyy to blingy.....

up to that point you everything you had done was subtle, you would have to have another Omega next to it to figure out the differences.

Personally i love the 5 spoke 17'' elite rims, i want a set for the CDX, they have a certain quality about them

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 24 April 2008, 07:43:56 »

i like everything you have done aside from the wheels....wayyyyyy to blingy.....

up to that point you everything you had done was subtle, you would have to have another Omega next to it to figure out the differences.

Personally i love the 5 spoke 17'' elite rims, i want a set for the CDX, they have a certain quality about them

Thanks for the comments, I'm holding onto the original wheels for the moment until I see whether I like them or not.

So far all I've had are compliments that they look much more like the right size for the car and that they really suit it.

I take your point though and thanks for that, I realise that no car is going to please everyone, and some think the wheels are an improvement, some don't.

Thankfully, I do like them so far, but I still reserve the right, and retain the ability, to switch back if and when I feel like it, so nothing is lost really. I have deliberately made sure I went with standard Vx wheels with 5 big spokes which is close in design to the original set in an effort to avoid the "bling" aftermarket wheel look too much; personally I think it kind of succeeds...

« Last Edit: 25 April 2008, 00:30:17 by Albatross »

sean35

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 24 April 2008, 12:53:49 »

hi mate,im new to this ,nice car,i wonder if you can help me with a problem i have on here?

Martin_1962

« Reply #34 on: 24 April 2008, 15:41:47 »

The plates are legal on a pre-"51" plate car (mine's a "Y" plate) provided they were made before August 2001; which of course mine were :y

The 1st owner in March 2001 must have had this weird premonition that the domain name www.omegaowners.com would become a life-line one day.

Any plate on a car registered later than the 1st of August 2001 (51 plate onwards) must have the name of the plate maker included at the bottom and within a given size, but not any particular font or colour.

The same goes for any plate made after that date for an older car, but this is the bit which is difficult to enforce realistically.

Are the Police going to bother? Is your insurance effected - I changed mine - I just did it

sean35

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 24 April 2008, 20:29:52 »

i cant seem to find how i place a msg in the "car parts wanted "area,do you by any chance know?.

thankyou mate

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 26 April 2008, 13:59:25 »

Whichever it is you certainly have to my mind, one of the best looking motors I have seen for a while. If you get bored of it by just after Christmas this year then give me a shout as I would have it off your hands straight away although I do realise the chances are slim !

Will you throw in the Slingshot? ;D

The plates are legal on a pre-"51" plate car (mine's a "Y" plate) provided they were made before August 2001; which of course mine were :y

The 1st owner in March 2001 must have had this weird premonition that the domain name www.omegaowners.com would become a life-line one day.

Any plate on a car registered later than the 1st of August 2001 (51 plate onwards) must have the name of the plate maker included at the bottom and within a given size, but not any particular font or colour.

The same goes for any plate made after that date for an older car, but this is the bit which is difficult to enforce realistically.

Are the Police going to bother? Is your insurance effected - I changed mine - I just did it

I don't think the police will bother about the number plate, nor do I suspect that matters for insurance purposes, the lettering and spacing is all perfectly legal.

The insurance is affected by the modifications such as the front valance, wheels and 'soon to be' skirts though, but by a surpisingly small amount (about 10%). I checked 1st to make sure.
« Last Edit: 26 April 2008, 14:01:31 by Albatross »

FRE07962128

« Reply #37 on: 26 April 2008, 14:12:13 »

After my minor mishap on the 1st day I bought her  >:( the car has had the front bumper repaired and resprayed; whilst it was having that done the Steinmetz front valance was added to compliment the Steinmetz grille.

Side skirts, rear apron and rear wheel spacers are on next month's agenda.

And 1 hour later after a quick clean

And as she was a month ago when I bought her...

You have done a superb job already!   It is a very sexy looking car, and one that attracts me  far more than most :-* :-*!   Don't over cook it though as it just looks so good already, but I know what you boys are like with your toys and trying to achieve the ultimate ;) ;)

You can give me a ride anyday! ;D ;D

Lizzie Zoom :D

JiMbOb789

• Omega Knight
  • Timaru, New Zealand
    • x4 Omegas
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 26 April 2008, 14:30:22 »

would look nice with the irmscher rear bumper with the 2 exhaust pipes.
By the way sean, if you want to start a new topic in the for sale section, you need a minimum of 50 posts i think,
You might have to check on that mate.

Jamie
2001 Omega MV6 Sedan, 2003 Omega 3.2 Manual Estate Ex Plod, 1998 Omega CD Sedan, 2002 Omega MV6 Estate

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 26 April 2008, 14:52:42 »

would look nice with the irmscher rear bumper with the 2 exhaust pipes.
By the way sean, if you want to start a new topic in the for sale section, you need a minimum of 50 posts i think,
You might have to check on that mate.

Jamie

I do like the wheelbarrow handle exhaust boxes, but I don't like the Irmscher kits personally. It's the missing groove that lines up with the bottom edge of the door trims being missing that I'm not so keen on. I personall think it makes the car look a bit too heavy/blocky and it begins to lose the nice sleek lineswhich excentuate the length of the Omega.

I do have plans to change the exhaust eventually, but it would be a complete waste whilst I still have life in what I've got on there. When it does begin to give up I will be putting a Long-Life stainless exhaust on and that will have 2, or even 2 pairs of, out pipes.

I have a friend who owns a custom body shop and he is going to build me an appropriate bottom half to a standard rear bumper to go with it that will look standard unless you look very carefully. This will have space for the twin pipes and will be ever so slightly lower from the side view.

All that is a 'later-in-the-year' job.

master-sambo

• Near Brands Hatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 26 April 2008, 20:10:53 »

Looking VERY good!!

This is the car responsible for my modding bug :D:D

serek

• Omega Knight
  • huntingdon
    • 3.2 mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 26 April 2008, 20:20:11 »

nice car look great on that wheels :o :o :y

SHARPEY

• Elland
  • Sod it i'm off to the pub !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 26 April 2008, 20:42:31 »

Will you throw in the Slingshot? ;D

I don't think the police will bother about the number plate, nor do I suspect that matters for insurance purposes, the lettering and spacing is all perfectly legal.

The insurance is affected by the modifications such as the front valance, wheels and 'soon to be' skirts though, but by a surpisingly small amount (about 10%). I checked 1st to make sure.
In a word....YES !  :y

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 03 May 2008, 11:51:30 »

Skirts on as of this morning...

Considering lowering it next?

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1209801338

« Last Edit: 03 May 2008, 12:02:59 by Albatross »

Myagemo

• Derby
  • Don't run well on Bee Pee. Have to try Shell
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 03 May 2008, 13:36:46 »

It Just gets better and better! and I'm getting more and more jealous
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3065/2444564056_7cd25f0048.jpg[/img]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.