Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why do some people behave so stupidly.  (Read 1145 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Why do some people behave so stupidly.
« on: 04 April 2024, 19:25:54 »

About a month ago we flew from Gatwick to Barbados there was another flight from there about an hour later, we met a couple two nights later who were on it & got chatting with them, it appears their flight was a bit more eventful than ours . An announcement was made that someone had been smoking in the toilet & if it happened again the flight would be diverted & the culprit dealt with, a few hours later there was a medical emergency  in the front area of the plane & of course staff were needed to deal with it, the smoker then seized this opportunity to go for another cigarette he was observed by another passenger who already suspected him & of course reported it to a member of the crew who was available. Once the plane landed in Barbados he was met by local police led of the plane in handcuffs & that was his holiday over before it started, I find it hard to comprehend what goes on in some peoples heads. Hopefully he will receive a hefty fine & a ban from using the airline involved again.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Why do some people behave so stupidly.
« Reply #1 on: 04 April 2024, 19:42:01 »

Perhaps thought he was “ entitled” and the rules just applied to the rest of us.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 April 2024, 20:35:55 »

On our most recent cruise, we heard that some old chap had been taken seriously ill so when we saw the Ambulance in port from our balcony we thought it was him being taken away. There was also an old lady sat crying in her wheelchair on the dock so we assumed it was her husband being taken away. We then heard that the old lady was nothing to do with the old chap, and that she’d been thrown off the cruise ship for being violent towards her own family and other passengers.  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 April 2024, 22:09:30 »

I remember being on a flight from Italy to Barcelona business class Iberia??? oh dear! A woman went to the toilet and straight away I could smell cigarette smoke! I complained to the steward/ess ?? and she did absoletely f all about it! I called her over (the stewardess??) and she just shrugged her shoulders! Terrible, terrible airline, flown with them a lot. Company paid.  >:( >:( :) :)
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 April 2024, 22:22:22 »

Apologies for spelling mistakes! in last text...anyhoo same crap airline from Madrid to Cairo business, no magazines no nothing! ffs!
All I had to do was twiddle my thumbs and drink their wines and gins! Told the company I never want to fly with them again!! And the did not! Result! DG might have heard of the airline I am sure!  ::) ::) ::)
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 April 2024, 22:23:35 »

George Carlin was right,
 Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 April 2024, 07:58:48 »

About a month ago we flew from Gatwick to Barbados there was another flight from there about an hour later, we met a couple two nights later who were on it & got chatting with them, it appears their flight was a bit more eventful than ours . An announcement was made that someone had been smoking in the toilet & if it happened again the flight would be diverted & the culprit dealt with, a few hours later there was a medical emergency  in the front area of the plane & of course staff were needed to deal with it, the smoker then seized this opportunity to go for another cigarette he was observed by another passenger who already suspected him & of course reported it to a member of the crew who was available. Once the plane landed in Barbados he was met by local police led of the plane in handcuffs & that was his holiday over before it started, I find it hard to comprehend what goes on in some peoples heads. Hopefully he will receive a hefty fine & a ban from using the airline involved again.
Well,.you were either on TUI or BA and the other flight would  have been whichever you weren't on.

Medical emergencies and technical ones are about all we would divert for.

Smoking will get you prosecuted, and if you kick off, potentially restrained with further prosecutions. Once restrained, you're only released into custody or the plane crashes and it's safe to do so... But, it's unlikely that we would divert for it.

Barbs, especially from Gatwick, has a reputation for being quite chavtastic.

Apologies for spelling mistakes! in last text...anyhoo same crap airline from Madrid to Cairo business, no magazines no nothing! ffs!
All I had to do was twiddle my thumbs and drink their wines and gins! Told the company I never want to fly with them again!! And the did not! Result! DG might have heard of the airline I am sure!  ::) ::) ::)
Indeed.

It could reasonably be suggested that the only reason that Iberia makes any money is because BA is part of IAG which owns Iberia. :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 April 2024, 10:51:16 »

On our most recent cruise, we heard that some old chap had been taken seriously ill so when we saw the Ambulance in port from our balcony we thought it was him being taken away. There was also an old lady sat crying in her wheelchair on the dock so we assumed it was her husband being taken away. We then heard that the old lady was nothing to do with the old chap, and that she’d been thrown off the cruise ship for being violent towards her own family and other passengers.  ;D
If ever I went on a cruise, knowing my luck, I would be couped up on a floating hotel with people like that.

I contemplated a cruise, but the more I think about it, the more I know its not for me.  I mean, I hate hotels with a passion.  A hotel you can't really escape from all day, every day, is just a prison ;D
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 April 2024, 13:52:38 »

If ever I went on a cruise, knowing my luck, I would be couped up on a floating hotel with people like that.

I contemplated a cruise, but the more I think about it, the more I know its not for me.  I mean, I hate hotels with a passion.  A hotel you can't really escape from all day, every day, is just a prison ;D

Man overboard?  :D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 April 2024, 13:57:31 »

My thoughts exactly.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 April 2024, 18:36:58 »

Man overboard?  :D

I'm pretty sure that's how it would end if I ever had the misfortune to find myself on one... ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 April 2024, 14:16:54 »

I get seasick in a bath.  :D

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 April 2024, 14:00:06 »

Once the plane landed in Barbados he was met by local police led of the plane in handcuffs & that was his holiday over before it started, I find it hard to comprehend what goes on in some peoples heads. Hopefully he will receive a hefty fine & a ban from using the airline involved again.

Without making any excuse for the moron in question...

In day-to-day life the no smoking rules in the UK tend not to be taken in any way seriously. For example, I think every NHS hospital has been no smoking for around a decade now, including the carparks, grounds etc. Visit any one and you will surely see a cluster of smokers outside every door, both staff and patients and nothing is done to stop them.  ::)

Your common-or-garden moron therefore becomes used to smoking where they want and simply being rude to or shrugging off anyone who suggests they shouldn't be doing it. So put them in an environment where there are real consequences to their actions and they just aren't smart enough to see them coming.   

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 April 2024, 18:34:06 »

Without making any excuse for the moron in question...

In day-to-day life the no smoking rules in the UK tend not to be taken in any way seriously. For example, I think every NHS hospital has been no smoking for around a decade now, including the carparks, grounds etc. Visit any one and you will surely see a cluster of smokers outside every door, both staff and patients and nothing is done to stop them.  ::)

Your common-or-garden moron therefore becomes used to smoking where they want and simply being rude to or shrugging off anyone who suggests they shouldn't be doing it. So put them in an environment where there are real consequences to their actions and they just aren't smart enough to see them coming.

That bit can be applied to a rapidly growing number of people in pretty much any scenario in life these days, it seems. :(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.