Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.5 turodiesel - yay / nay?  (Read 1996 times)

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
Re: 2.5 turodiesel - yay / nay?
« Reply #15 on: 24 March 2007, 21:08:53 »

:y YOU COULD WELL]
If you have a flashable auto, I would thoroughly recommend an autobox software upgrade ;)

Dont htink they are new enough? number one auto is an L plate, no 2 auto is a P plate? and manual dont neeed it!! :y
Strange thing is both the auto,s have had brand new gearboxes fitted within the last 12 months!!! guess that just goes to show vxhall scrimping on the ar25 doesnt pay!!
Omegatoy

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 March 2007, 21:11:36 »

:y YOU COULD ]

So you're the famous man they're talking about ;D
What did you do to your Omega? I heard it packs a hell of a punch ;)

Lets just say it performs how a 6 cylinder turbo should do!!!! but it wants a LSD in the wet!!!! however if you get one buddy let me know and wil point you in the didrection of getting yours going properly via PM!!
Omegatoy

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 March 2007, 21:42:51 »

:y YOU COULD WELL]
If you have a flashable auto, I would thoroughly recommend an autobox software upgrade ;)

Dont htink they are new enough? number one auto is an L plate, no 2 auto is a P plate? and manual dont neeed it!! :y
Strange thing is both the auto,s have had brand new gearboxes fitted within the last 12 months!!! guess that just goes to show vxhall scrimping on the ar25 doesnt pay!!
Omegatoy
No, not new enough (MY98)....
Grumpy old man

andyiow

• Ryde, IoW
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 April 2007, 15:21:38 »

I have a 962.5td estate and in my opinion the performance is reasonable for the size of car (nearly 2 tonnes). Mine gets an oil change every 3.5-4k with magnatec for diesel. Its a great long distance cruiser with just a little noise when cruising around the 2000 rpm mark (60mph)

Some passengers have been impressed with the performance, infact some are suprised its a diesel as the engine gives a smooth power delivery. I belive it could do over the 100mph mark.

Problems that I have had with it so far have been
1, leaking coolant hose due to a pinhole that opened when being driven but not idling.
2, worn front anti-roll bar bushes (vauxhall garage stung me on that one as they said it was the front springs. do not go there any more >:( )
3, Front and rear shocks, which I got a new set of 4 for under £200.
4, Handbrake adjustment as the plate on the rear wheels is quite thin and does bend after time, fixed this by getting a small steel plate welded over it.
5, Rust on the two rear doors and a few other spots.
6, recently some of the injector return pipes had split as the rubber had started to go hard and brittle.

Would I buy another, yes as so far its the only car
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.