Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPod Volume  (Read 1327 times)

oceansoul

• Intermediate Member
  • Sunbury on Thames - Surrey
    • View Profile
IPod Volume
« on: 12 December 2009, 17:56:17 »

All the volumes on my ipod are all over the place. Ive dont the volume equalise thingy in itunes but apparently that just affects the tracks when there played in itunes. I use my pod in the car alot on suffle, and some times i have to have my headunit at 20 to hear a track then the next one comes on blaring out epically loud and prolly damaging my speakers  >:( is there anything i can do to make them all the same volume....tia

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: IPod Volume
« Reply #1 on: 12 December 2009, 20:21:51 »

There's some freeware stuff that I’ve used a few years back, basically normalizers the audio level of a wav or mp3 file to your required level, ie, 0db or just below it.

Chris  :y

Edit: just tried looking for what I use to use but too many Hards Drives ago, try google.
« Last Edit: 12 December 2009, 20:53:39 by zirk »

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 December 2009, 20:55:47 »

[thread hijack] By the way I fix iPods if anyone has a broken one they want to get working again :y  [/thread hijack]

Sorry OS  ::)

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #3 on: 12 December 2009, 23:16:20 »

I don't know if I'm being thick - but how do you play your ipod through the stereo? FM Modulator, Cassette thingy ???

A bit more info please would help us to understand methinks .....

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 December 2009, 10:12:39 »

I don't know if I'm being thick - but how do you play your ipod through the stereo? FM Modulator, Cassette thingy ???

I think the different tracks on his gayPod are all different levels.

So he needs to normalise them, and reupload to gayPod
Grumpy old man

oceansoul

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 December 2009, 18:17:24 »

Alpine headunit, Proper iPod interface. All controlled by the headunit.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 December 2009, 18:40:48 »

Alpine headunit, Proper iPod interface. All controlled by the headunit.

I use the cheaper option, Alpine headunit with Aux input (3.5mm) standard headphone jack.

I have a 3.5 lead comming out from the back of the head unit, which connects to my phone mounted by the side of the radio, to play my MP3 tunes  8-)

Omega3

• Hertfordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 December 2009, 20:22:46 »

All the volumes on my ipod are all over the place. Ive dont the volume equalise thingy in itunes but apparently that just affects the tracks when there played in itunes. I use my pod in the car alot on suffle, and some times i have to have my headunit at 20 to hear a track then the next one comes on blaring out epically loud and prolly damaging my speakers  >:( is there anything i can do to make them all the same volume....tia
All done via itunes then sync ipod, changes will take effect, everything same level.
Previously: Mercedes CLK 320cdi, Insignia SRi, 53 Omega 2.2CD, 02 3.2 elite, 01 Omega 2.2CD, 94 Omega 2.0 Est, Mercedes 300TE, Toyota Supra 3.0, Honda Legend Coupe, Supra 2.8i Mk2, Fiat X1/9, Lancia Trevi

oceansoul

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 December 2009, 18:00:21 »

All done via itunes then sync ipod, changes will take effect, everything same level.

Did you read my post?
I have done in itunes. It equalises when i listen in itunes, but even after resyncing the volumes were still the same

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 December 2009, 20:39:55 »

Did you read my post?
I have done in itunes. It equalises when i listen in itunes, but even after resyncing the volumes were still the same

You needs to normalize them.  ;D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 December 2009, 21:42:40 »

Never possessed an iPod or iTunes so I can’t vouch for it, but have a look here:

http://www.softsea.com/review/iVolume.html

Chris  :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 December 2009, 22:19:17 »

Did you read my post?

Check the precedence settings, default is iPod overwrites library. (eg when you rate a track 5 stars, it updates your library) So when you plug iPod back in, it resets all your track volumes.

Either alter the precedence settings, or factory re-set your iPod and re-copy all tunes
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.