Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Halfords (Exeter) Suck!!  (Read 1937 times)

goose

• Exeter
    • 2.6L V6
    • View Profile
    • Paul D Smart Photography
Halfords (Exeter) Suck!!
« on: 04 May 2010, 21:53:32 »

Warning this post contains a rant!

<rant>
Ok... I know some of you will tell me off for going to Halfords but I did... I wanted a new radio, with iphone connectivity control and bluetooth and all things shiny...

I chose the stereo and opted for the same day install.
I was told to come back in 45 mins when it would all be done. Excellent news and KFC was consumed during my time away.

When I returned the little boy (yes that was meant to be sarcastic), who had fitted my new shiny radio said he could not fit the Microphone! [smiley=shocked.gif]

When I asked why his excuse was to do with the heating pipe matrix or something! Mmmm ok!

So, I was told to call Hydeparkcorner to get them to install it. Well... I did this online and they can only come out on the 17th May... that's weeks away and kinda makes it stupid to wait that long just for a mic to be installed.

I went to my local radio bloke this morning (Secure Sounds, based in Okehampton). Told him what happened and he said he'd do it there and then. It took 5 mins. Involved dropping down the fuse panel and a bit of contortion from the installer Mark and cost a simple £5.

So... why couldn't the Halfords trained tech do it.

</rant>

Bose Addict

• View Profile
Re: Halfords (Exeter) Suck!!
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2010, 22:22:09 »

'reminds me when (30 years ago) I fitted an electric aerial on the back of a customer's XJ6 outside the car accessory shop I worked at on Saturdays.  It worked just fine, going up with the ignition and down when he switched off.  Then he operated his electric fuel-tank changeover switch (original XJ6's had twin tanks, one in each rear wing, each with its own electric pump) and it stayed down.................... :)

goose

• Exeter
    • 2.6L V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2010, 22:33:25 »

see I have no idea why a car would need such a thing... i'm such a n00b!

Zuffenhausen

• Intermediate Member
  • Telford, Shrops.
    • 2000 2.5TD CD Estate
    • View Profile
    • Walks and Waggy Tails
« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2010, 22:39:30 »

Warning this post contains a rant!

<rant>
Ok... I know some of you will tell me off for going to Halfords but I did... I wanted a new radio, with iphone connectivity control and bluetooth and all things shiny...

I chose the stereo and opted for the same day install.
I was told to come back in 45 mins when it would all be done. Excellent news and KFC was consumed during my time away.

When I returned the little boy (yes that was meant to be sarcastic), who had fitted my new shiny radio said he could not fit the Microphone! [smiley=shocked.gif]

When I asked why his excuse was to do with the heating pipe matrix or something! Mmmm ok!

So, I was told to call Hydeparkcorner to get them to install it. Well... I did this online and they can only come out on the 17th May... that's weeks away and kinda makes it stupid to wait that long just for a mic to be installed.

I went to my local radio bloke this morning (Secure Sounds, based in Okehampton). Told him what happened and he said he'd do it there and then. It took 5 mins. Involved dropping down the fuse panel and a bit of contortion from the installer Mark and cost a simple £5.

So... why couldn't the Halfords trained tech do it.

</rant>

May well be because:

"This is a head unit & that's the tool kit, your now a trained technician. Well done lad"

goose

• Exeter
    • 2.6L V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 May 2010, 22:42:00 »

haha! sounds like most Customer Service staff in this country -wooops! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

coastie123

• sidmouth, devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 May 2010, 02:22:56 »

i agree halfords exeter are useless!!

if you ever need any other audio work need doing try Robert @ Exe Car Audio, he's mobile and does alot of work around exeter/east devon and pretty resonable on prices...

the other option is try daveDND on here, hes down in paignton..

unlucky mark mv6

• Omega Knight
  • tipton,west mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2010, 09:49:34 »

No such thing as trained member of staff at halfords,they are all 18 year old spotty kids dragged off the street.You tell em you can fit a car stereo,and your in there :D,they dont know the difference between a bulb and a wiper blade. ::)
Machine polishing in west mids £40 also body repairs.pm me for more info.

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #7 on: 07 May 2010, 11:46:05 »

No such thing as trained member of staff at halfords,they are all 18 year old spotty kids dragged off the street.You tell em you can fit a car stereo,and your in there :D,they dont know the difference between a bulb and a wiper blade. ::)

I can speak with a bit of authority on this one, I was Technical Manager at a Halfords branch at the age of 18, and the training consisted of nothing more than being given a handout booklet and a uniform, my underlings that worked for me, had considerably less than that.

And I know it has gone radically downhill since then !!

:-X

Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

unlucky mark mv6

• Omega Knight
  • tipton,west mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 May 2010, 11:52:00 »

I can speak with a bit of authority on this one, I was Technical Manager at a Halfords branch at the age of 18, and the training consisted of nothing more than being given a handout booklet and a uniform, my underlings that worked for me, had considerably less than that.

Say no more then eh dave :-X :-X

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #9 on: 07 May 2010, 11:59:44 »

Say no more then eh dave :-X :-X

Except at 18, I wasn`t that spotty !!

:P
www.dndservices.co.uk

unlucky mark mv6

• Omega Knight
  • tipton,west mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 May 2010, 12:03:41 »

Funny you should mention that dave,im 35,and never had 1 spot,some say ive got womans hormones. ::) ;D

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #11 on: 07 May 2010, 12:09:56 »

Funny you should mention that dave,im 35,and never had 1 spot,some say ive got womans hormones. ::) ;D

;D
www.dndservices.co.uk

goose

• Exeter
    • 2.6L V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 May 2010, 09:12:30 »

:) Excellent... well lesson learnt I think!!

halfords = crap
local trusted installers/engineers = the way to go!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.