Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Interchanger - Arial  (Read 770 times)

Jezzer

• Herts
    • View Profile
CD Interchanger - Arial
« on: 10 March 2011, 15:31:26 »

Car: 2.0 16v Eco Auto CDX
I have what appears to be the slot and wiring for a CD Changer in the boot  :-? (offside)
Can I buy other manufacturers CDC's? I have a Pioneer DEH Unit; or is the wiring/connectors specific to Vauxhall/Opel supplied CDC's? mine has a 12 pin rectangular connector.
I would consider changing the head unit if I needed to, say a Sony/Kenwood, rather than re-wire the whole car!!

Also I have what looks like a Mobile Phone Arial on the roof above High level Brake Light, can this be used to supply a signal to the Head Unit  :-? my existing rear window arial isn't much use?

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: CD Interchanger - Arial
« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2011, 15:48:41 »

Car: 2.0 16v Eco Auto CDX
I have what appears to be the slot and wiring for a CD Changer in the boot  :-? (offside)
Can I buy other manufacturers CDC's? I have a Pioneer DEH Unit; or is the wiring/connectors specific to Vauxhall/Opel supplied CDC's? mine has a 12 pin rectangular connector.
I would consider changing the head unit if I needed to, say a Sony/Kenwood, rather than re-wire the whole car!!

Also I have what looks like a Mobile Phone Arial on the roof above High level Brake Light, can this be used to supply a signal to the Head Unit  :-? my existing rear window arial isn't much use?

On the Aerial side, in a word, No, wrong Aerial, wrong Cable, different frequency and feeder impedance.

Chris.

fiend61

• Omega Knight
  • york
  • each to their own
    • 2.5cdx 3.0mv6 3.2vec c
    • View Profile
Re: CD Interchanger - Arial
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2011, 11:07:09 »

and as for the cdc that connector sounds like the original  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.