Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Flood defences  (Read 6328 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: Flood defences
« Reply #45 on: 18 February 2020, 19:17:39 »

I see the "media" are now criticising Boris for not "visiting" the flooded areas !!! 

I'm sure the last thing the rescue folks want is to have to stop the genuinely important, and amazing, jobs they are doing simply to make a photoshoot opportunity for the media to ask stupid questions....... or do they expect him to wave his arms and make all the water magically disappear ??

I really hope he stays away and actually tells them where to go.... publicly

I despair at what the so-called "news" editors think is important these days .....   :(

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 18 February 2020, 19:32:19 »

Unless Boris is going to do what Canute couldn't, he would be better of staying away and letting the experts get on with it.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 18 February 2020, 19:33:42 »

A bit of rain and all the poxy riding schools are now using the roads through the estates and town centre, rather than the fields.

Now dog owners have to do the inside out carrier bag, WTF cant horse owners?
You wouldn't have any roads if it wasn't for the horse!  :P

I'll have you know that horse plop is a delicacy for your garden and an essential coating for the underbody of your car when your planning for Mr Gixer to do some work on the suspension / exhaust.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 18 February 2020, 20:13:36 »

A bit of rain and all the poxy riding schools are now using the roads through the estates and town centre, rather than the fields.

I'll have you know that horse plop is a delicacy for your garden and an essential coating for the underbody of your car when your planning for Mr Gixer to do some work on the suspension / exhaust.
I can never find any when visiting Mr Gixer now ;D

But as an ex biker, I've never thought letting horseshit remain in the road was a great idea...   ...put the big steaming pile on the path to the kiddies playground round the corner is, IMHO, properly out of order.
Grumpy old man

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 19 February 2020, 08:16:21 »

I can never find any when visiting Mr Gixer now ;D

But as an ex biker, I've never thought letting horseshit remain in the road was a great idea...   ...put the big steaming pile on the path to the kiddies playground round the corner is, IMHO, properly out of order.

In the 'Good old days' when the coal, milk and bread was delivered by horse and cart, there used to be a race with a bucket and shovel to collect it to spread over the vegetable plot in the back garden.
I like red cars

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 19 February 2020, 19:31:16 »

The Somerset Levels haven't flooded like they did in the winter of 2015-16 as it has now been dredged. :y :y Dredging works but EU greens have made it very difficult & expensive to do, Australian controlled bush fires & vegetation clearance pre-date European settlers where this was done by the Aborigines & has now been outlawed by the greens & is backed up with satellite, aircraft & drone photography, so anybody doing it, especially homeowners to defend their properties face massive fines & jail terms. >:( Expensive unreliable, very, very ungreen bird slaughterers & major polluting wind turbines & solar power is being forced upon us, you've guessed by the green lobby. Vehicle air pollution & air quality has been getting better with lower pollution levels (apart from NOX which is stable) & the new vehicle city charging & exclusion zones are being imposed upon us via the EU tree hugging lobby.

The 'green' capitalists like Soros, Al Gore et al where they have been buying up billions of CO2 licences which are compulsory from 2030 under the Paris Climate Treaty & their aim is to turn these billions into trillions & guess who is going to be paying them this? >:( >:( >:(

With any luck the EU & especially the Eurozone are unlikely to survive to 2030 through a combination of eye watering trillions of €€€€ debts, member countries near zero growth, sovereign debt, ECB debt, TARGET 2 debts & the acceleration of the deindustrialization Europe through EU's new green deal. German industry has been one of the most resilient of EU/Eurozone countries but they are now drifting in & out of slight growth & recession as their industrial production declines. Brexit will also badly affect their funding & the amount we buy from the EU where there are cheaper & better ROW places especially when we have FTAs with many countries. CPTPP which we have been invited to join is 14% of world trade & growing. :y

Where the EU's funding falls by £12.6bn through the UK-EU transition period ending on 31-12-2020, the EU member states are already fighting like ferrets in a sack on who is going to pick up this shortfall. ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 19 February 2020, 19:45:38 »

The Somerset Levels haven't flooded like they did in the winter of 2015-16 as it has now been dredged. :y :y Dredging works but EU greens have made it very difficult & expensive to do, Australian controlled bush fires & vegetation clearance pre-date European settlers where this was done by the Aborigines & has now been outlawed by the greens & is backed up with satellite, aircraft & drone photography, so anybody doing it, especially homeowners to defend their properties face massive fines & jail terms. >:( Expensive unreliable, very, very ungreen bird slaughterers & major polluting wind turbines & solar power is being forced upon us, you've guessed by the green lobby. Vehicle air pollution & air quality has been getting better with lower pollution levels (apart from NOX which is stable) & the new vehicle city charging & exclusion zones are being imposed upon us via the EU tree hugging lobby.

The 'green' capitalists like Soros, Al Gore et al where they have been buying up billions of CO2 licences which are compulsory from 2030 under the Paris Climate Treaty & their aim is to turn these billions into trillions & guess who is going to be paying them this? >:( >:( >:(

With any luck the EU & especially the Eurozone are unlikely to survive to 2030 through a combination of eye watering trillions of €€€€ debts, member countries near zero growth, sovereign debt, ECB debt, TARGET 2 debts & the acceleration of the deindustrialization Europe through EU's new green deal. German industry has been one of the most resilient of EU/Eurozone countries but they are now drifting in & out of slight growth & recession as their industrial production declines. Brexit will also badly affect their funding & the amount we buy from the EU where there are cheaper & better ROW places especially when we have FTAs with many countries. CPTPP which we have been invited to join is 14% of world trade & growing. :y

Where the EU's funding falls by £12.6bn through the UK-EU transition period ending on 31-12-2020, the EU member states are already fighting like ferrets in a sack on who is going to pick up this shortfall. ;D

Excellent points, Rods2.You especially deserve an uptick for mentioning the TARGET2 scam. :y

You mention the useless bird-mincers. An FOI was sent to Scottish Forestry in December, requesting information as to the number of trees felled to date (2000-2019) to make way for onshore wind farms.

The answer?

13.9 MILLION!!  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 19 February 2020, 20:19:01 »

Mm  you know your stuff. Thank you for that information mate and I mean it👍
Laying a rubber road.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 20 February 2020, 10:57:48 »

The Somerset Levels haven't flooded like they did in the winter of 2015-16 as it has now been dredged. :y :y Dredging works but EU greens have made it very difficult & expensive to do.....

I drive up and down the M5 regularly and remember during the Somerset Levels floods, being surprised that the numerous drains, ditches, canals and rivers that the motorway passes over and drain the Levels into the Bristol Channel were not raging torrents taking away all the flood water.   :-\

I saw some chatter online that the Environment Agency had not opened sluice gates and some locals were arrested for criminal damage when they cut padlocks and tried to open slice gates themselves.  I've no idea if that was true, but have always thought that something strange was going on....   :-X

Australian controlled bush fires & vegetation clearance pre-date European settlers where this was done by the Aborigines & has now been outlawed by the greens & is backed up with satellite, aircraft & drone photography, so anybody doing it, especially homeowners to defend their properties face massive fines & jail terms. >:(

The media have been describing this years bush fires as 'unprecedented', but they are anything but...   ::)

The summer of 1974-5 also saw huge bush fires that destroyed 117 million hectares compared to this years 18.6 million hectares...  Not only that but they also had to contend with Cyclone Tracy that largely destroyed Darwin, and around 30,000 of the 47,000 population were evacuated.  It seems that climate change isn't the modern phenomena that the climate panickists would have us believe....  ::)

Oh and lets not forget that around 200 arsonists have been arrested down under...   :-X

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Australian_bushfire_seasons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclone_Tracy
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.