Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wiper reset  (Read 274 times)

mstickler

• southampton
    • View Profile
wiper reset
« on: 25 February 2010, 10:17:39 »

hi is there a way i can reset my wipers to go back to normal position when switched off as from yesterday they seem to stop in the middle of the screen. all was working before. hope some one can help. would it make a different if i took the wipers off & reposition they the

mantahatch

Re: wiper reset
« Reply #1 on: 25 February 2010, 10:25:57 »

Hi, do they allways stop in the same position ? if so you should be able to repoistion the arms on the spindles. If they are stopping in random positions then I would assume the park postion is broken inside the wiper motor.

HTH

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: wiper reset
« Reply #2 on: 25 February 2010, 10:31:00 »

Hi, do they allways stop in the same position ? if so you should be able to repoistion the arms on the spindles. If they are stopping in random positions then I would assume the park postion is broken inside the wiper motor.

HTH

Don't move them individually on the spindles! Between the motor & the mechanism is an arm that converts the rotary motion of the motor to a back & forth action for the wipers. The M8 nut that hold this has come loose, possibly if wipers have been frozen to the screen when turned on  ::)
Remove the whole set up and you see 2 marks >    < on the casting somewhere, the arm is supposed to sit bewteen them whne at the parked position.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.