Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Front near side window glass  (Read 860 times)

tport

• east mids
    • View Profile
Front near side window glass
« on: 20 February 2011, 20:56:23 »

Been away in Manchester today, came back to my car to find that somebody had put a brick through my near side front window.  I guess they were looking for a sat-nav in the glove box (obviously not aware it's built into the dash!). Anyway, my query is with the cost/availability of the replacement glass.  Although I will be able to claim on the insurance, does anybody have any idea what it would cost to get this done directly and how easy is the glass to source?  The markings on the glass are:-

Solar-Ray
GM Tempered
DOT 36 AS2M129 GF
Transp. 70%min
E2 43R-000981
Sicursiv

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Front near side window glass
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2011, 21:02:48 »

I wouldn't have thought that Autoglass would have had any problems sorting you a replacement window. Not the easiest thing to fit, but if you get an 'expert' to fit it, then it won't be a problem for them.  ::) ::) :y

Omega_Dan

« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2011, 21:06:42 »

I had a side window replaced in november, no problem at all :y

Julian James

• Birmingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 February 2011, 21:17:28 »

Had the same window trashed and replaced last month.  don't know if it's the same though, as I have prefacelift.
Autoglass quoted £75 for insurance claim, which is pretty standard...  but somewhere in the region of £300 and something to do it directly!!!

Best bet is to do a glass claim for the small excess, or find a second hand window if you can.  Not sure on availability...  also you need to watch out for matching tint colours, I think there were 3 in total across all omegas...

Omega_Dan

« Reply #4 on: 20 February 2011, 21:29:24 »

Had the same window trashed and replaced last month.  don't know if it's the same though, as I have prefacelift.
Autoglass quoted £75 for insurance claim, which is pretty standard...  but somewhere in the region of £300 and something to do it directly!!!

Best bet is to do a glass claim for the small excess, or find a second hand window if you can.  Not sure on availability...  also you need to watch out for matching tint colours, I think there were 3 in total across all omegas...

I had to break mine because i locked the keys in the boot whilst the car was deadlocked ;D :-X

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 February 2011, 21:31:33 »

I had to break mine because i locked the keys in the boot whilst the car was deadlocked ;D :-X

You don't have a spare?  ;)

quickly touches wood cos I only have one for my Astra.  :-? ;D

Omega_Dan

« Reply #6 on: 20 February 2011, 21:34:06 »

You don't have a spare?  ;)

quickly touches wood cos I only have one for my Astra.  :-? ;D

Knew you would clock that one andy ;D. Only had car a few days and i didnt split the spare key ::)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 February 2011, 21:51:48 »

Knew you would clock that one andy ;D. Only had car a few days and i didnt split the spare key ::)

;D ;D ;D
I don't even have the same excuse. I bought this Astra before Christmas but still haven't got around to a spare. I don't want to part with money for a car pass to get the key code to get a key & then a fob + coding ................ on a car that was less than £400  ;)

Julian James

• Birmingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 February 2011, 15:25:22 »

hmm...   i've had this car a year now and still only 1 key...

I paniced when the fob was acting up the other day...   I kept having to undo the lock manually and insert the key into ignition barrel to shut the alarm up!
Cold and wet thus with hoodie up, in birmingham city centre, prob a little too young looking to be driving a family/executive car, getting in and quickly and making the alarm shut up, then getting away quickly = not a good look

do people know how much a new key is?  prefacelift (mini-FL to be precise)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 February 2011, 15:37:55 »

do people know how much a new key is?  prefacelift (mini-FL to be precise)

You'll need the car pass for the key code where ever the key comes from. Vauxhall charge around £30 for the blade, same-ish again for the fob & same-ish for it to be coded, so you're looking at around £100 - more if you need to nclude the cost of the car pass.

I saw this seller http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KEY-GM-HOLDEN-OPEL-VAUXHALL-HORSESHOE-CUTTING-CODE-/250767346204?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a62e60a1c on eBay recently, I've never dealt with him but the idea & cost seems OK. TheBoy can code your fob for less than Vx. http://theboy.omegaowners.com/tech2/prices.shtml
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.