Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: missfire  (Read 1112 times)

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
missfire
« on: 01 September 2011, 22:13:52 »

today my 2000   2.2 omega  89000 miles was ok until i got stuck in traffic for quite a while....when it all got started again after a mile or so i slowed down for a roubdabout but when i tried to get it up to speed again it started running on only 2 clys....got it home...let it cool down started her up and it was still the same....took out coil pack....cleaned plugs...put back together...and she was ok.........she was running fine  70 miles journey until stuck a long time in slow moving traffic..and i believe that it was that ......that started the problem.......new coil pack fitted 6 months ago service two months ago so all should be ok......any ideas please what could have caused this dreadfull missfire......not using oil or water..head gasket replaced 12 months ago..so i just dont have a clue as to why she behaved like that....any opions please...i would be gratefull...thanks ray davies..

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
Re: missfire
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2011, 22:25:19 »

Any oil in the plugwells?  Normally a v6 affliction but suppose it could also be on a 2.2, seeing as how the headgasket done sometime in the recent past.  Can short out the coilpack on a plug.

Any codes stored?  Would probably need a reader rather than using the pedal trick.  Again, not so familiar with the 2.2's.  Sorry....   :-[

Brikhead

• Omega Knight
  • West-Mids.
  • Sleeping. Do not disturb.
    • 2003 chitroen Saxo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 September 2011, 22:42:30 »

today my 2000   2.2 omega  89000 miles was ok until i got stuck in traffic for quite a while....when it all got started again after a mile or so i slowed down for a roubdabout but when i tried to get it up to speed again it started running on only 2 clys....got it home...let it cool down started her up and it was still the same....took out coil pack....cleaned plugs...put back together...and she was ok.........she was running fine  70 miles journey until stuck a long time in slow moving traffic..and i believe that it was that ......that started the problem.......new coil pack fitted 6 months ago service two months ago so all should be ok......any ideas please what could have caused this dreadfull missfire......not using oil or water..head gasket replaced 12 months ago..so i just dont have a clue as to why she behaved like that....any opions please...i would be gratefull...thanks ray davies..

Where did you source the new coilpack from?

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 September 2011, 22:44:15 »

Where did you source the new coilpack from?

Good point, well spotted.....   :y

jimac

• Newcastle upon Tyne
    • Vectra 1.9 CDTi [150] SRi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 September 2011, 12:19:59 »

Mine just started doing something similar.

I had a replacement engine fitted recently, which is great, smooth and not burning oil etc.  However, the garage told me that the lambda sensor was failing so they put in one that the "had lying around".  They didn't charge me for it so fair do's.

After a couple of days my engine light would come on.  The code reader showed a fault on the O2 sensor heater circuit.  I would reset it but it would come back on a couple of days later.

Then just a couple of days ago it started misfiring when under load.  It initially cleared at high revs and the code reader just showed misfire on cylinder 4.  Then last night the misfire got worse and didn't clear.  After the engine cooled it started up OK with no misfire.

I reckon the lambda sensor has packed up so I've ordered a new one.  I don't think the one they put on was correct.  It may be a generic one as they have spliced the wires in to the wires on the connector.

So, it might be worth checking the stored codes if you can as there may be a lambda sensor fault.

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 September 2011, 19:24:38 »

hi and thank you to all of you that helped me .....the coil pack is a genuine bosch...and the rocker cover gasket was replaced three weeks ago because the plug holes were full of oil....HOW EVER.....HOTEL 21....i took your advice and checked the coil pack,,although no oil was there....one of the rubber insulaters that cover the plug is split and almost falling apart..so as a temp measure i have taped it up....retried the car and it all appears ok.......SO  does any one know if the rubber insulaters on the coil pack can be bought on there own..without buying another coil pack....as i cant find any listed.....cheers to all for your help...you are a realy great crowd.....ray..

freecall666

• Omega Knight
  • looking over your shoulder
  • fun for all, get with the program
    • 2.0l sweat tank on wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 September 2011, 21:15:03 »

farther inlaw got his changed in a service few weeks back so would say yes..
Solar charger fitted.
If not Broke dont fix it..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.