Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Albs  (Read 1120 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Albs
« on: 05 November 2023, 10:47:09 »

Will you be going over to southern France to show solidarity? 

A pressure group of more than 1,000 people has held rallies along the border and gone to court to try and re-open the road. They call themselves "Alberes without borders"

Rock in a hard place: France-Spain border residents angry over road blocks https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67227686
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Albs
« Reply #1 on: 05 November 2023, 16:00:46 »

My sister lives there. They should open it to let her through, as long as she keeps going until she gets to the furthest point she can be away from me, then shut it again.  :y ;D
Cant imagine too many Spaniards would want it open. I know they are only wannabe Italians (without the style and flair), but even so, they are miles above the French.  ;D
Having said all that. What happened to Schengen, where the glorious U.S.E. doesnt have any borders ?
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 November 2023, 16:54:03 »

My sister lives there. They should open it to let her through, as long as she keeps going until she gets to the furthest point she can be away from me, then shut it again.  :y ;D
Cant imagine too many Spaniards would want it open. I know they are only wannabe Italians (without the style and flair), but even so, they are miles above the French.  ;D
Having said all that. What happened to Schengen, where the glorious U.S.E. doesnt have any borders ?
Yes, i wondered that too. Someone should also tell the lazy BBC journo, Mr Bockman, the the plural of cactus is cacti, not cactuses.  ::)  ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 November 2023, 17:25:25 »

Yes, i wondered that too. Someone should also tell the lazy BBC journo, Mr Bockman, the the plural of cactus is cacti, not cactuses.  ::)  ;D

"The plural of cactus can be either cacti (from the Latin plural) or the conventional English plural cactuses. “ Cacti” is the Latin plural of cactus and “Cactuses” is the English plural although “cacti” has the edge".
Diesel till I die

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 November 2023, 18:05:06 »

"The plural of cactus can be either cacti (from the Latin plural) or the conventional English plural cactuses. “ Cacti” is the Latin plural of cactus and “Cactuses” is the English plural although “cacti” has the edge".
I stand corrected Steve, ta.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 November 2023, 18:13:24 »

I stand corrected Steve, ta.
Everyone says cacti, Ron, but cactuses is not wrong, just hardly ever used.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 November 2023, 18:18:35 »

You're being a smartarse. ::) :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 November 2023, 18:20:14 »

You're being a smartarse. ::) :)
No, just being correct, as usual.
Diesel till I die

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 November 2023, 21:11:54 »

I got picked up on a forum for referring to a large number of wild goats I had seen and described them as a herd . No the person said. Flock of goats.

Well it turns out that it can be either. Didn’t  bother to correct her but I have taken great delight in calling neighbours who have a 100 domestic goats “ goat flockers” instead of the previous term of “goat herders”. Little things…..
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 November 2023, 23:16:42 »

I got picked up on a forum for referring to a large number of wild goats I had seen and described them as a herd . No the person said. Flock of goats.

Well it turns out that it can be either. Didn’t  bother to correct her but I have taken great delight in calling neighbours who have a 100 domestic goats “ goat flockers” instead of the previous term of “goat herders”. Little things…..

https://a-z-animals.com/blog/whats-a-group-of-goats-called/
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 November 2023, 08:02:47 »

Ha, you haven’t googled enough!

Discarding  a trip or a tribe, there are multiple references to herd and flock.

Eg https://app.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=16-89-010#:~:text=%22Flock%22%20means%20a%20number%20of,and%20commercial%20sheep%20and%20goats.

I prefer flock only because I can legitimately call the local goat keepers goat flockers! They are actually nice people.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.