Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Staggered by a Vauxhall Dealer...  (Read 2809 times)

HerefordElite

• Omega Knight
  • Hereford
  • Welcome to the Shire
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered by a Vauxhall Dealer...
« Reply #15 on: 15 April 2009, 19:56:25 »

I am afraid Spike you have got there one of the many crap Vx dealers around who do not know really what they are doing, especially if the car is an ex production model like the Omega!

They just do not want to know!!

Find yourself a 'good' Vx dealer (yes they do exist!) who really does want to assist you.

I fortunately have one of those who is still keen to deal with the Omega, and is usually very reliable, trustworthy, and gives me full discounts! 8-) 8-) :y.  However, even them I have to watch carefully to ensure they do not sell me the wrong product!! ::) ::)

PS Are you in the South-East?? :-?

Where in the south east have you found a Vx dealer that knows what they are doing Lizzie..

My local one (Greens of Rainham) shut a few months ago, not that they were that smart...

The Caffyns Vauxhall Dealership on Orbital Park, Ashford Weds. 8-) 8-)

In particular I have found Matthew Pullen of the parts dept., extremely helpful, even to the extent of giving me full discount when I first went there without my ABS TC! :y  

Don't know anything about the servicing dept though as I have not used them................and at £75 per hour labour I am in no hurry to do so unless I'm ill!! ::) ::) ;)

i bet you can flutter your eyelids and get discount at most dealers Lizzie ;)

No, it is not my eyelids or face come to think about it!  Frankly It is the low cut tops and my 38DD chest that does it Hereford Elite! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

well i had an inkling :-[ but didn't like to say ;)
« Last Edit: 15 April 2009, 19:57:05 by herefordelite »
Nova SR, MKII Cav Sri130, MKII Astra GTE16v, Omega 3.0V6 Elite, Silver Cross Sleepover Classic

crazyjoetavola

« Reply #16 on: 15 April 2009, 22:05:35 »

And this is why women really are the true brokers of power ;) :) :)
« Last Edit: 16 April 2009, 12:06:22 by crazyjoetavola »

HerefordElite

• Omega Knight
  • Hereford
  • Welcome to the Shire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15 April 2009, 22:09:48 »

And this is why women really do rule the world ;) :) :)

women don't rule the world...boobs do ;)
Nova SR, MKII Cav Sri130, MKII Astra GTE16v, Omega 3.0V6 Elite, Silver Cross Sleepover Classic

p j morgan

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 April 2009, 02:18:55 »

regarding your tracking your best bet would be to have your traking done .they will probaly have to heat up ur adjusters to free them .i have just paid twenty pounds to have my elite estate done. it was well out .and he lubed my adjusters .most tyre and exhaust garages will do it for you .hope it helps :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 April 2009, 08:08:56 »

regarding your tracking your best bet would be to have your traking done .they will probaly have to heat up ur (I'm just lazy, can't be bothered to type 'you are') adjusters to free them .i have just paid twenty pounds to have my elite estate done. it was well out .and he lubed my adjusters .most tyre and exhaust garages will do it for you .hope it helps :y

Tracking really is not worth the money, you need full geometry as the Omega has adjustable front and trear track and front camber.

Its the camber that eats (often the inside edge) of the tyre.

going crazy

• Intermediate Member
  • Middlesex
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 April 2009, 09:03:03 »

regarding your tracking your best bet would be to have your traking done .they will probaly have to heat up ur (I'm just lazy, can't be bothered to type 'you are') (I'm just lazy, can't be bothered to type 'you are') adjusters to free them .i have just paid twenty pounds to have my elite estate done. it was well out .and he lubed my adjusters .most tyre and exhaust garages will do it for you .hope it helps :y

Tracking really is not worth the money, you need full geometry as the Omega has adjustable front and trear track and front camber.

Does the camber need replacement or the full geometry takes care of it? I thought the inside edge of the tyre was to do with the wishbones?

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 April 2009, 09:37:59 »

regarding your tracking your best bet would be to have your traking done .they will probaly have to heat up ur (I'm just lazy, can't be bothered to type 'you are') (I'm just lazy, can't be bothered to type 'you are') (I'm just lazy, can't be bothered to type 'you are') adjusters to free them .i have just paid twenty pounds to have my elite estate done. it was well out .and he lubed my adjusters .most tyre and exhaust garages will do it for you .hope it helps :y

Does the camber need replacement or the full geometry takes care of it? I thought the inside edge of the tyre was to do with the wishbones?

It is to do with the wishbones - the bushes wear and cause the camber to drift out of spec.

going crazy

• Intermediate Member
  • Middlesex
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 April 2009, 09:43:59 »

Thanks.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16 April 2009, 10:37:16 »

regarding your tracking your best bet would be to have your traking done .they will probaly have to heat up ur (I'm just lazy, can't be bothered to type 'you are') (I'm just lazy, can't be bothered to type 'you are') (I'm just lazy, can't be bothered to type 'you are') (I'm just lazy, can't be bothered to type 'you are') adjusters to free them .i have just paid twenty pounds to have my elite estate done. it was well out .and he lubed my adjusters .most tyre and exhaust garages will do it for you .hope it helps :y

It is to do with the wishbones - the bushes wear and cause the camber to drift out of spec.

Nah, wishbones will affec the toe more....its the springs ageing which affects the ride hieght that has the biggest impact on camber

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 16 April 2009, 11:19:49 »

"Oooh" came the reply, with a sucking of the teeth. "That's normally done through the workshop, I've not sold gearbox oil to a customer in 5 years"
This is what he came up with

Part: 93165388 Diff Oil at a staggering £40+ per litre!
Part: 93165290 gearbox oil at ~£4 per litre

I wonder why he hasn't sold any..

Actually I doubt many people change manual box and diff oil - they are not as far as I am aware specified in the service schedule.

going crazy

• Intermediate Member
  • Middlesex
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 16 April 2009, 13:52:32 »

regarding your tracking your best bet would be to have your traking done .they will probaly have to heat up ur (I'm just lazy, can't be bothered to type 'you are') (I'm just lazy, can't be bothered to type 'you are') (I'm just lazy, can't be bothered to type 'you are') (I'm just lazy, can't be bothered to type 'you are') (I'm just lazy, can't be bothered to type 'you are') adjusters to free them .i have just paid twenty pounds to have my elite estate done. it was well out .and he lubed my adjusters .most tyre and exhaust garages will do it for you .hope it helps :y

Nah, wishbones will affec the toe more....its the springs ageing which affects the ride hieght that has the biggest impact on camber

Insides of my front tyre are almost bald - I was planning to replace the wishbones. Should I instead replace the springs? TIA

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16 April 2009, 14:01:12 »

Check the wishbones (replace if requried) and get the camber reset to -1deg 10'

going crazy

• Intermediate Member
  • Middlesex
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16 April 2009, 14:06:07 »

Thanks, Mark. I do plan to get the wishbones replaced. Are the wishbones same across pre-facelift/ mini-facelift / post-facelift?

fleebay has a loads of them but I am not sure which ones to pick. Should I consider used parts or a new one?

Ta

Spike

• York/Leeds
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 16 April 2009, 20:49:54 »

The ulitmate gearbox oil appears to be

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-832-silkolene-pro-srg-75-full-ester-synthetic-ester-racing-gear-oil.aspx

And for the diff I use BOA90LS, this is officialy for LSD's but the friction modifier appears to help prevent leaks

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-773-silkolene-boa-90-ls-high-performance-gear-and-limited-slip-differential-oil.aspx

Many thanks for the info. Oils ordered. Membership discount to boot  ;D

I've bought some new tie rods and will get my geometry sorted. Camber's been done, but need to go back and get the toe sorted and stop my car turning left all the time...

Looks like I've got a busy weekend ahead as the oil and filter needs a change as well, then there's the brake fluid...... Been an expensive week this week.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.