Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: "Crystal Ball" vehicle/employee tracker ?  (Read 3329 times)

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
Re: "Crystal Ball" vehicle/employee tracker ?
« Reply #15 on: 28 April 2017, 07:30:35 »

We were issud PDA,s at workfor jobs to be sent to us electronicly. Absolutly in no way are they able to track your whereabouts at any time we were all told. On issue, our techy work mate got into it all found two hidden apps tracking all and every movement when device is turned on.
 A building company I worked from a few years ago had trackers fitted to all vans to halve their insurance costs. Then one very nasty contracts manager started using the tracker data agains the work force and docking wages. Head office told all managers and directors to stop this practice but our branch was the only one to fully continue it from director level down to contracts managers against every one out on the tools.
Much fooling was then done with vans parked all over the place and lifts arranged to job sites.

Keith ABS

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 April 2017, 09:42:52 »

You will find the system doesn't work very well if the battery is flat, or removed completely.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 April 2017, 10:23:43 »

:o The trackers on our company vehicles actually send a message to the office warning the manager of "harsh acceleration " from the vehicle , drivers are then told off, big brother indeed !

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 April 2017, 14:25:49 »

:o The trackers on our company vehicles actually send a message to the office warning the manager of "harsh acceleration " from the vehicle , drivers are then told off, big brother indeed !

Ye gods! that would have been a nightmare for me a few years back  ;D ;D ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 April 2017, 14:38:54 »

That seems a bit harsh, but I know on our trips to Dorset, I have seen sign written vans being driven fast and dangerously. I
have on more than one occasion said to Swmbo..'If I was boss of a company and saw my vehicles being driven like that, in the morning
those drivers would be looking for another job!!!!'
So I can see the wh's and wherefore's of such actions :P
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28 April 2017, 14:53:01 »

Wear and tear is a fact of life and budgeted accordingly... unnecessary abuse is a different prospect and costs money...

If you cost the company money unnecessarily, then why do you think you should have a pay review, let alone a rise ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 April 2017, 16:33:56 »

Wear and tear is a fact of life and budgeted accordingly... unnecessary abuse is a different prospect and costs money...

If you cost the company money unnecessarily, then why do you think you should have a pay review, let alone a rise ::)
I used to eat tyres and brakes, receive regular bollockings, but my then mgr always said I was worth the extra costs, but to discourage the lazy, had to publically reprimand me every time
Grumpy old man

powerslinky

« Reply #22 on: 28 April 2017, 18:30:39 »

Not bothered about the van being tracked  . .  . been like that for ages  . . .

it's the  tracking of me when I leave the van to actually do my job  I'm concerned about  >:( >:(

Question seems to be  . . .are we going to be instructed to keep the phobne with us at ALL times ?   ::) ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 28 April 2017, 18:44:24 »

I suppose they have the right to instruct you to keep it on you during all the time they are paying you.
Outside of those hours they would deserve to be told to stick it up their arris.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 28 April 2017, 18:49:42 »

it's the  tracking of me when I leave the van to actually do my job  I'm concerned about  >:( >:(

Question seems to be  . . .are we going to be instructed to keep the phobne with us at ALL times ?   ::) ::)

Not a problem if it's in a biscuit tin. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 28 April 2017, 19:55:36 »

With a magnet on top.
Hoof'land storeman.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28 April 2017, 20:31:11 »

What's the problem? Honestly. If you're working alone, with tools etc and you don't check in, then they can at least have somewhere to send help to.

We work by ourselves 80% of the time and are not expected to carry radios... We do carry company phones, usually diverted to personal ones as the speakers on ten year old Nokia 5310s don't age well..., but if we don't check in periodically then we can expect to be called, if only to be sure we're still alive :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28 April 2017, 20:45:34 »

What's the problem? Honestly. If you're working alone, with tools etc and you don't check in, then they can at least have somewhere to send help to.

We work by ourselves 80% of the time and are not expected to carry radios... We do carry company phones, usually diverted to personal ones as the speakers on ten year old Nokia 5310s don't age well..., but if we don't check in periodically then we can expect to be called, if only to be sure we're still alive :D

Quite obviously, if you choose to spend your lunch hour in the bookies, pub or brothel, you don't necessarily want your boss to know!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 28 April 2017, 20:47:46 »

There's that, but then you've other issues if 'er indoors finds out :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29 April 2017, 10:18:13 »

We actively go out looking for those who's phone hasn't reported location in a while, or if phone strayed too far from vehicle, or vehicle ever loses contact. Obviously, under the context or H&S rubbish, but we all know reality.

I'm not tracked, as I'm office based, but I wouldn't be that concerned about it if I was mobile, as long as there was flexibility to drive to local building for dinner, via a bakery etc.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.