Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: "Climategate" scandal update  (Read 3572 times)

Brick Tamland

• Intermediate Member
  • Dublin
  • Good one!
    • '98 2.5 Manual
    • View Profile
Re: "Climategate" scandal update
« Reply #15 on: 27 November 2009, 15:53:35 »

What I find interesting about Climate Change is that those "in the know" are doing exactly the same thing and saying the same thing as religious nuts down throughout the history of mankind.

Repent! Change your ways! Or thou art doomed! and the skies will fall down upon ye!  :P :P

In reality the scientists who have changed the world in the past were self funded and independent. That is the only way to do true science.

Well finally they've been cought red handed and I'm delighted :)

Just looking at sky news now ad there're reporting on the muppets version of Bohemian Rhapsody :-/

At least if this comes out properly can we please change the types of car ads on the telly ::)

I dont want these gay, eurotrash, hippy treehugger, little girls barbie accessory piece of crap car ads :P
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N89vmob3f7k[/media]

Now this is what I want 8-)
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7IhExZpiUc[/media]
Saving for one! All donations welcome, ask for details.

Nickbat

« Reply #16 on: 27 November 2009, 16:28:08 »

A climate change expert endorsed Tesco's position on reducing plastic bags after his institute received a £25million donation, it has been revealed.

Professor Mohan Munasinghe claimed the supermarket's policy of rewarding customers who reuse bags with ClubCard points was 'more effective' than charging.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1231481/Climate-change-expert-says-Tesco-plastic-bag-policy-success-years-supermarket-makes-25m-donation-university.html

Money talks! ;)

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 November 2009, 17:00:45 »

sorry Nickbat who's this "they" that are in on this huge secret conspiracy - am I part of it? and if not why aren't I....or am I and I've been sent to run interference......but why would I tell you that?......maybe that's exactly what "they" want you to think....they want you to believe I'm not in on it all.....or maybe I'm double-bluffing you...or triple bluffing....maybe Optimist knows the truth.....maybe I do....or is it the sinister "Copenhagen Agreement" brrrrrrr

...........trust no one............

for my money the "they" you speak of are perhaps an advanced alien race?  :o

have a good weekend buddy  ;D

I have to say that I'm very disappointed by this contribution bj, I hope that my faith in your pragmatism hasn't been misplaced? :-/ :-/

STMO999

« Reply #18 on: 27 November 2009, 17:20:25 »

sorry Nickbat who's this "they" that are in on this huge secret conspiracy - am I part of it? and if not why aren't I....or am I and I've been sent to run interference......but why would I tell you that?......maybe that's exactly what "they" want you to think....they want you to believe I'm not in on it all.....or maybe I'm double-bluffing you...or triple bluffing....maybe Optimist knows the truth.....maybe I do....or is it the sinister "Copenhagen Agreement" brrrrrrr

I have to say that I'm very disappointed by this contribution bj, I hope that my faith in your pragmatism hasn't been misplaced? :-/ :-/

Not entirely unexpected though.

BigAl

• Bromley, Kent
    • '07 Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27 November 2009, 20:32:37 »

It's getting interesting!

5 Australian front-bench MPs have resigned rather than back this carbon tax crap
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100018003/climategate-five-aussie-mps-lead-the-way-by-resigning-in-disgust-over-carbon-tax/
« Last Edit: 27 November 2009, 20:32:56 by BigAl »

Brick Tamland

• Intermediate Member
  • Dublin
  • Good one!
    • '98 2.5 Manual
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27 November 2009, 20:35:47 »

It's getting interesting!

5 Australian front-bench MPs have resigned rather than back this carbon tax crap
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100018003/climategate-five-aussie-mps-lead-the-way-by-resigning-in-disgust-over-carbon-tax/

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TylvUGJIi_w&feature=related[/media]

Brick Tamland

• Intermediate Member
  • Dublin
  • Good one!
    • '98 2.5 Manual
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 27 November 2009, 20:43:27 »

Not entirely unexpected though.

All those on the side of AGW right now are breaking out in a sweat and getting very defensive.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHATItyOsdY[/media]

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #22 on: 27 November 2009, 20:54:52 »

I watched a very informative BBC2 investigation into President Obama's aims on cutting US emissions and his attendance at the Copenhagen Conference.  Watch it in full to get the full flavour of the situation!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00p69np/This_World_20092010_Can_Obama_Save_the_Planet/

Somehow I think the battle has only just started............!!!!!

;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: 27 November 2009, 20:55:13 by Lizzie_Zoom »

Brick Tamland

• Intermediate Member
  • Dublin
  • Good one!
    • '98 2.5 Manual
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 27 November 2009, 20:57:02 »

I watched a very informative BBC2 investigation into President Obama's aims on cutting US emissions and his attendance at the Copenhagen Conference.  Watch it in full to get the full flavour of the situation!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00p69np/This_World_20092010_Can_Obama_Save_the_Planet/

;) ;) ;)

Only availbale in the UK :-/ Can you give give me the gist of it ;D ;D

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #24 on: 27 November 2009, 21:15:18 »

;) ;) ;)

Basically it explains how much of the American population are unconvinced by the global warming argument, with major industry (coal in particular) joining them in not agreeing with Obama's aims and wanting to carry on as before.  It shows how Obama has one hell of a fight on to convince his fellow Americans that global warming is really a concern, let alone for them!  Copenhagen will produce very little if the US fail to contribute as their President wants, and politically he looks like losing this one!;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: 27 November 2009, 21:17:31 by Lizzie_Zoom »

Brick Tamland

• Intermediate Member
  • Dublin
  • Good one!
    • '98 2.5 Manual
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 27 November 2009, 21:41:05 »

;) ;) ;)

Basically it explains how much of the American population are unconvinced by the global warming argument, with major industry (coal in particular) joining them in not agreeing with Obama's aims and wanting to carry on as before.  It shows how Obama has one hell of a fight on to convince his fellow Americans that global warming is really a concern, let alone for them!  Copenhagen will produce very little if the US fail to contribute as their President wants, and politically he looks like losing this one!;) ;) ;)

An impossibility now if this becomes widespread knowledge. ;)

However I doubt much would have come from Copenhagen even without this "climategate", strange to say but in this sense I hope our politicians are just as greedy and deaf as always, only looking after their own countries economies and not bothering about such a trivial issue as "climate change" :P

Edit: Me fail english? That umpossible!
« Last Edit: 27 November 2009, 21:42:36 by Brick_Tamland »

Nickbat

« Reply #26 on: 27 November 2009, 22:37:16 »

;) ;) ;)

The BBC at its worst. Towing the party line: good bloke Obama against naughty Big Coal. >:(

Sorry, but this is pure propaganda, IMHO. :(

I'm surprised you rate it so much, Lizzie. :o :o

Nickbat

« Reply #27 on: 27 November 2009, 22:42:36 »

[The upcoming UN climate conference in Copenhagen] “is about raw politics, not about the politics of science"...."It is possible that climate science has become too partisan, too centralized. The tribalism that some of the leaked emails display is something more usually associated with social organization within primitive cultures; it is not attractive when we find it at work inside science. It is also possible that the institutional innovation that has been the I.P.C.C. has run its course. Yes, there will be an AR5 but for what purpose? The I.P.C.C. itself, through its structural tendency to politicize climate change science, has perhaps helped to foster a more authoritarian and exclusive form of knowledge production - just at a time when a globalizing and wired cosmopolitan culture is demanding of science something much more open and inclusive."

Mike Hulme, Tyndal Centre, UEA. In November 2009, Hulme was listed as “the 10th most cited author in the world in the field of climate change, between 1999 and 2009".

http://dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/27/a-climate-scientist-on-climate-skeptics/#more-11377

When even top scientists are beginning to say that the science has become too politicised, we need to sit uop and take note..Puts that BBC documentary that Lizzie mentioned into its proper perspective, methinks. ;)
« Last Edit: 27 November 2009, 22:43:10 by Nickbat »

Nickbat

« Reply #28 on: 27 November 2009, 22:52:47 »

And another scientist speaks out:

These same scientists threatened my job as a scientist with the US Geological Survey because I tried to publish a study showing with higher confidence that global temperature changes were completely natural caused solely by Earth’s physical processes. Additionally, these same scientists would not even discuss or refute the science and facts presented. Instead, they took two days to personally attack me and my family.

http://noconsensus.wordpress.com/2009/11/27/4566/

>:( >:(

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 27 November 2009, 23:30:53 »

;) ;) ;)

....as time passes it seems that Barak Obama mirrors our former dear leader's propensity to talk a good talk but rather stumble on the uneven ground of practical real world politics.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.