Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3073271 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #22290 on: 26 May 2021, 15:01:46 »

Looking forward to paying £1820.76 for a new indicator bulb.  Once I prove it is the bulb.
Is that pre or post discount :-\

You do realise that you can buy a working S Class for that?  ;D

Another £79.24 and he could have a Boxster.  ;D
My hair is falling out without having a it blown in the wind ;D

Mines long gone, so Im well past having to worry about it.  ;D
You do like to go round corners fast though, and its a superb car for that, for a reasonable price.  ;)
Take no notice, Albs, I'm sure you look very cool  8)
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22291 on: 26 May 2021, 15:11:32 »

I stopped thinking about how I look about 20 years ago. Not much choice tbh.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22292 on: 26 May 2021, 17:32:29 »

Looking forward to paying £1820.76 for a new indicator bulb.  Once I prove it is the bulb.
Is that pre or post discount :-\

You do realise that you can buy a working S Class for that?  ;D

Another £79.24 and he could have a Boxster.  ;D
My hair is falling out without having a it blown in the wind ;D

Mines long gone, so Im well past having to worry about it.  ;D
You do like to go round corners fast though, and its a superb car for that, for a reasonable price.  ;)
Only Boxster I've driven was a 2004 vintage.  It didn't excite me like I expected it to, and ultimately left me disappointed.  So I kept my money.

It means that boat has sailed, as now need some level of practicality, being old and decrepid.
Grumpy old man

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #22293 on: 26 May 2021, 17:45:54 »

Discovered a new repro rear valance for the Golf is not too expensive. Took great delight in cutting the old knackered one off. Should have joined the fire brigade...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22294 on: 27 May 2021, 09:15:46 »

My daughter mentioned that the Corsa was acting strangely when braking. A quick test drive revealed a pulling to the right. Suspecting a lazy front left caliper I whipped the wheel off to check, and found the caliper piston seized.........

Had the Corsa to look at yesterday so I revisited the non-working front left caliper. Undone the flexi to rigid pipe connection and realised I'd mis-diagnosed the problem. No fluid coming from ABS pump to front left caliper. Careless, incomplete diagnoses from me the first time around.  :-[
A quick google and hundreds of posts came up, suggesting that it's a very common fault. So common that the part had to be redesigned to eliminate the flaw. Doesn't look that difficult a job to change, and if the part number matches or you change just the pump part, just a good bleed and away you go.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #22295 on: 27 May 2021, 10:03:17 »

Hopefully a cheaper fix than a new/refurb caliper anyway.  :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22296 on: 27 May 2021, 10:21:01 »

My daughter mentioned that the Corsa was acting strangely when braking. A quick test drive revealed a pulling to the right. Suspecting a lazy front left caliper I whipped the wheel off to check, and found the caliper piston seized.........

Had the Corsa to look at yesterday so I revisited the non-working front left caliper. Undone the flexi to rigid pipe connection and realised I'd mis-diagnosed the problem. No fluid coming from ABS pump to front left caliper. Careless, incomplete diagnoses from me the first time around.  :-[
A quick google and hundreds of posts came up, suggesting that it's a very common fault. So common that the part had to be redesigned to eliminate the flaw. Doesn't look that difficult a job to change, and if the part number matches or you change just the pump part, just a good bleed and away you go.

That's a sign of poor maintenance (lack of brake fluid changes), usually a tap of the ABS module frees the piston, then fresh fluid sorts it

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #22297 on: 27 May 2021, 11:20:22 »

That's a sign of poor maintenance (lack of brake fluid changes), usually a tap of the ABS module frees the piston, then fresh fluid sorts it
<thinking cap on> I wonder whether a brake test on a loose surface / activation of the ABS would shake the ABS enough to free the stuck piston?  :-\ (on a private road at walking pace obviously)</thinking cap off>
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22298 on: 27 May 2021, 12:07:51 »

Fluid is very dark and never been changed. That was one of the jobs that I had the car over our house for.  :y  I'd just done the oil and coolant change when they mentioned the brakes.
Interesting about tapping the pump, I did give it a quick couple of taps with a nylon mallet but maybe the shock of a light hammer will do it. Thanks for the tip.  :y
As previously mentioned, the service history on this car is dire, so I have to grab it for inspection whenever I get a chance.  :)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22299 on: 27 May 2021, 13:23:03 »

Fluid is very dark and never been changed. That was one of the jobs that I had the car over our house for.  :y  I'd just done the oil and coolant change when they mentioned the brakes.
Interesting about tapping the pump, I did give it a quick couple of taps with a nylon mallet but maybe the shock of a light hammer will do it. Thanks for the tip.  :y
As previously mentioned, the service history on this car is dire, so I have to grab it for inspection whenever I get a chance.  :)

No point in doing it until there is fresh fluid (all the circuits that are operational), you can get somebody to press the pedal, with the caliper bleed nipple open, whilst coaxing the module with a hammer close to the associated pipe.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22300 on: 27 May 2021, 13:37:29 »

No point in doing it until there is fresh fluid (all the circuits that are operational), you can get somebody to press the pedal, with the caliper bleed nipple open, whilst coaxing the module with a hammer close to the associated pipe.

The plan was to use my Eezibleed on the working circuits to get fresh fluid in before changing the ABS pump. I'll still do that before tapping the pump though as at least if it does free it up it's got fresh fluid pushing past it. Thanks for the tip, fingers crossed.  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22301 on: 27 May 2021, 17:00:17 »

Found a breaker is an Indian indicator :)

But when I managed to contact them, they wanted £800, so I passed on it :(
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22302 on: 27 May 2021, 17:02:39 »

In English, please  ;D
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22303 on: 27 May 2021, 17:04:12 »

He's bought another Zafira on principle.  :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22304 on: 27 May 2021, 17:09:12 »

In English, please  ;D
Just do the needful, and revert in any case.

is obviously means with. But Steve Jobs is a moron.
Grumpy old man

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 17 queries.