Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alternator and hot battery connector  (Read 651 times)

rpont

• Intermediate Member
  • Tadcaster
    • View Profile
Alternator and hot battery connector
« on: 22 April 2007, 18:45:45 »

I've fitted my replacement alternator and sorted the hot positive battery connector. I drilled two small holes, one in the top near the end and the other in the bottom a bit further in. I put a screw in each and tightened them up, they are ones for holding disc drives in and are only small.

Getting 14.5v at the battery with the engine running and the connector stays cold now. I've only been on an 8 mile run but I've got an average of 24.3mpg now whereas it was below 22 before. Coming round the bypass on cruise gives 41mpg and before it was 34 to 36.

I've also changed the auxiliary tensioner idler pulley since mine was making a bit of noise but the old one spun very easily while the new one was a bit stiffer with having the grease in it. My door locks also close quickly and they were a bit hesitant before.

I suspect the poorer mpg I was getting was down to the faulty alternator causing the extra loading with the rectifiers leaking a bit before they failed. The slower door locks would have been the battery connecter. I got the alternator off ebay from a guy near me for 20 quid so I'm a happy bunny again  ;D
« Last Edit: 22 April 2007, 18:47:03 by rpont »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.