Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Warning light  (Read 2894 times)

VauxVera

• Slough
    • Omega 2002 2.2 CD Auto
    • View Profile
Warning light
« on: 22 August 2013, 14:19:08 »

My emmission control system light has suddenly come on and does not go out, engine sounds ropey, car not running well, does anyone know what I need to do?  any help much appreciated as it sounds as if might be expensive!  :'(

bago

• Leicester
    • face lift 2.5 Elite bus
    • View Profile
Re: Warning light
« Reply #1 on: 22 August 2013, 14:20:30 »

you need to have the fsault codes read  it could be a number of things and having the codes read would help identify it

VauxVera

• Slough
    • Omega 2002 2.2 CD Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 August 2013, 14:22:16 »

Would my local garage be able to do that or will I have to go to Vauxhall dealer?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 August 2013, 14:29:00 »

Local garage can do it, get the codes.

Start off with some basic work first though, check plugs for oil/water if you can  :y

VauxVera

• Slough
    • Omega 2002 2.2 CD Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 August 2013, 14:31:34 »

Okay thanks, I am not too technical so would not be able to do it myself, will have to take to garage, thanks for your help

bago

• Leicester
    • face lift 2.5 Elite bus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 August 2013, 14:32:41 »

Start off with some basic work first though, check plugs for oil/water if you can  :y

yes the 2.2 are prone for the rocker cover gasket leaking an dthe oil goes into the  well where the plugs are

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 August 2013, 14:37:02 »

yes the 2.2 are prone for the rocker cover gasket leaking an dthe oil goes into the  well where the plugs are

Not quite right, they are no worse than 2.0 or any of the V6's - Poor oil service schedule and blocked breathers cause them to fail.

My 2.2 is on 165k, it's on its second cam cover gasket, replaced at approx 100k  ;)

aaronjb

« Reply #7 on: 22 August 2013, 14:43:36 »

Whereabouts in Surrey are you? There's a few of us localish who might be able to help out.

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 August 2013, 15:21:13 »

You always have to nit pick at peoples posts dont you tunnie

He stated that the 2.2 is prone to rocker cover gaskets leaking,In which he is correct.
The op is talking about a 2.2..No other engine..

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 August 2013, 15:27:16 »

You always have to nit pick at peoples posts dont you tunnie

He stated that the 2.2 is prone to rocker cover gaskets leaking,In which he is correct.
The op is talking about a 2.2..No other engine..

But the 2.2 is not prone to it, as i stated no worse than any other petrol engine Omega.

Not nit picking, just correcting them that its not just 2.2 affected, all cam covers are prone to leaking, if neglected.

VauxVera

• Slough
    • Omega 2002 2.2 CD Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 August 2013, 15:42:09 »

Now, now, don't fight about it!   ;D  Had a new cambelt and all belts a few months ago, had an oil change about a couple of months ago, local place, don't think they cleaned the breathers though. Just had the AA out they put on diagnostic and said it was crankshaft error message, he turned light off, went round the block and all seems okay again. It was running a bit ropey before that, and last couple of days seemed to not have much wellie when acclerating,  he said maybe air con pump??

VauxVera

• Slough
    • Omega 2002 2.2 CD Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 August 2013, 15:44:02 »

By the way I live in Slough now, forgot to change my address, work in Chertsey, Surrey though, so that's where I am at the mo

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 August 2013, 15:47:51 »

Now, now, don't fight about it!   ;D  Had a new cambelt and all belts a few months ago, had an oil change about a couple of months ago, local place, don't think they cleaned the breathers though. Just had the AA out they put on diagnostic and said it was crankshaft error message, he turned light off, went round the block and all seems okay again. It was running a bit ropey before that, and last couple of days seemed to not have much wellie when acclerating,  he said maybe air con pump??

Only the AA could link air-con compressor to reduced performance  ;D

Crankshaft sensor on 2.2 is practically bullet proof, what was the full list of codes?

You can't turn the light off, it goes out when the fault is fixed/goes away.

It's more likely its cam sensor issue on a 2.2  :y

aaronjb

« Reply #13 on: 22 August 2013, 15:53:45 »

By the way I live in Slough now, forgot to change my address, work in Chertsey, Surrey though, so that's where I am at the mo

I used to live in Slough.. which doesn't help you much (in Bracknell now) but I work in Chertsey.. If I borrow my code reader back off chrisgixer then we could read your codes one lunchtime or before/after work depending on time etc, assuming the helpful AA man didn't clear them and remove any evidence! Live data might show something up, though, if it's still not running right, and/or there may be stored pending codes to read.

VauxVera

• Slough
    • Omega 2002 2.2 CD Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 August 2013, 15:59:30 »

Thanks aaronjb how spooky that you work in Chertsey also! I am on leave next week will be in Slough! Would very much appreciate your imput re the codes, let me know when you are available.  AA man did remove light coming up, the only code he found was the crankshaft sensor? He said to turn air con off if light comes on again!?  Running fine when we went round the block, have to see if I can get home to Slough okay!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.