Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: £100 for 34 minutes worth of parking?  (Read 3280 times)

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
£100 for 34 minutes worth of parking?
« on: 11 January 2012, 19:57:21 »

Evening people,

A good friend of my youngest sons was parked in McDonald's for 124 minutes, there is a limit of 90 minutes in the car park. However he has received a parking ticket for a price of £100! Now I'm not being funny the boy is a hard working so and so, and I don't like the way they're trying to take £100 off of him. Is there anyway I could get this thrown out, or at the very least reduced? I also would like to add, he genuinely did not know about the time limit in the car park, there are boards up, tied to the lamp posts, however as it was dark these aren't very visible at all. Now fair enough he was in there 34 minutes longer than the allocated time, but all of the spaces around him were empty. Any ideas?
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
Re: £100 for 34 minutes worth of parking?
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2012, 20:08:24 »

how do they know he was in there all that time he may have been there went away and then came back sure the idiot that issued the ticket was not there the whole time

or could you argue that he may have broken down but thought as the car park was empty it would not be a problem leaving a not on the window that must have been removed or blew away

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2012, 20:10:29 »

Plenty of info available on the net for such things, without resorting to bar room gossip or 'if it was me' type misinformation that you are likely to get on here, to be honest.

If he really feels aggrieved, consult a solicitor.    :y

albitz

« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2012, 20:10:43 »

Tell him to ignore all correspondence if its one of those private parking companies (which is what it sounds like) they are completely unenforceable.They try to pressurise people into paying and sometimes it works. ;)

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 January 2012, 20:12:03 »

how do they know he was in there all that time he may have been there went away and then came back sure the idiot that issued the ticket was not there the whole time

or could you argue that he may have broken down but thought as the car park was empty it would not be a problem leaving a not on the window that must have been removed or blew away

He seems to remember the night in question, he said he was in the car with a woman talking, he's on Camera one coming in and one coming out apparently  :-\.

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 January 2012, 20:14:15 »

[

most of the mc dees are done on cctv with ANPR... :y
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 January 2012, 20:15:08 »

Tell him to ignore all correspondence if its one of those private parking companies (which is what it sounds like) they are completely unenforceable.They try to pressurise people into paying and sometimes it works. ;)

That's excellent, thanks for that Albs  :y :y

Nickbat

« Reply #7 on: 11 January 2012, 20:16:58 »

Read this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3430457  :y :y

Any idea what parking company is involved? If so, please post.

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 January 2012, 20:18:11 »

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 January 2012, 20:19:30 »

MET Parking Services LTD.

Thanks for the link Nick  :y :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 January 2012, 20:19:36 »

Guessing he wasn't in McDonalds for 2hrs.  I'm a fat bastard, and even I couldn't do that.

So, from the owners point of view, who is probably on a pittence himself, its private land he/she provides purely for customers to use whilst in the place, and has every right, IMHO, to penalise those who use it to save paying parking elsewhere.  Nobody can say 90m isn't enough time.

Rumour is its probably unenforcible, but you need to seek proper legal advice to confirm, rather than listen to what member's mate's dog's brother's auntie's sister overhead in the pub.
Grumpy old man

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 January 2012, 20:24:53 »

Guessing he wasn't in McDonalds for 2hrs.  I'm a fat bastard, and even I couldn't do that.

So, from the owners point of view, who is probably on a pittence himself, its private land he/she provides purely for customers to use whilst in the place, and has every right, IMHO, to penalise those who use it to save paying parking elsewhere.  Nobody can say 90m isn't enough time.

Rumour is its probably unenforcible, but you need to seek proper legal advice to confirm, rather than listen to what member's mate's dog's brother's auntie's sister overhead in the pub.

He was sat in the car eating his food, also I'd like to point out he went through the Drive-thru four times for various bits. He could've parked outside McDonald's which is situated around various car dealerships and not had to pay to park on the road, however he simply just stayed in McDonalds, as he went through the Drive-thru a few times and was sitting there talking. No harm done to anyone, and certainly not worth £100 in my opinion.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 January 2012, 20:26:03 »

He was sat in the car eating his food, also I'd like to point out he went through the Drive-thru four times for various bits. He could've parked outside McDonald's which is situated around various car dealerships and not had to pay to park on the road, however he simply just stayed in McDonalds, as he went through the Drive-thru a few times and was sitting there talking. No harm done to anyone, and certainly not worth £100 in my opinion.
Thats what solicitors are for then....   :y

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #13 on: 11 January 2012, 20:27:26 »

Plenty of info available on the net for such things, without resorting to bar room gossip or 'if it was me' type misinformation that you are likely to get on here, to be honest.

If he really feels aggrieved, consult a solicitor.    :y

Current rate is £220 per hour!

Nickbat

« Reply #14 on: 11 January 2012, 20:28:52 »

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3655153

Someone else got caught in a McDonalds car park by MET...

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 22 queries.