Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Snow???  (Read 3478 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Snow???
« on: 05 January 2010, 13:36:13 »

40cms forecast tonight including Wiltshire ::) ::) ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Snow???
« Reply #1 on: 05 January 2010, 13:54:36 »

Sledging Working from home tomorrow I reckon.  ::)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 January 2010, 15:41:26 »

Listening to the news reports today it would seem that a large part of the country has ground to a halt. If in WW2 Hitler had mastered dropping large quantitys of snow instead of bombs on Blighty the Germans would have wupped our arses by 1940!
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 January 2010, 15:44:42 »

Listening to the news reports today it would seem that a large part of the country has ground to a halt. If in WW2 Hitler had mastered dropping large quantitys of snow instead of bombs on Blighty the Germans would have wupped our arses by 1940!

Back then people would have just carried on as normal, its the media playing it all out of proportion.

Nickbat

« Reply #4 on: 05 January 2010, 15:59:11 »

My parents were snowed in for a week at RAF Coltishall during the war. Roads were impassable, but it didn't stop the war effort.!
« Last Edit: 05 January 2010, 16:05:42 by Nickbat »

Debs.

« Reply #5 on: 05 January 2010, 16:17:15 »

Snowpack is a uniform 2ft. deep here now.....I`ve cleared the (400 yard long) driveway following each 'fall'......`hand-cleared 6" of fresh snow this morning; now, there`s just been a further 3"+ fallen in the past hour or so: I could`ve cried. :'(

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 January 2010, 16:25:10 »

Snowpack is a uniform 2ft. deep here now.....I`ve cleared the (400 yard long) driveway following each 'fall'......`hand-cleared 6" of fresh snow this morning; now, there`s just been a further 3"+ fallen in the past hour or so: I could`ve cried. :'(

I do feel for you Debs... The project this summer is definitely a Plough for the front of Lazarus ;) ;)

The you could use him on the road in this weather and claim you were clearing the lanes ::) ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

feeutfo

« Reply #7 on: 05 January 2010, 16:28:12 »

nout here in Slough.

jereboam

• Omega Knight
  • Suffolk
    • 1999 Omega Elite 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 January 2010, 16:29:24 »

Back then people would have just carried on as normal, its the media playing it all out of proportion.

I don't think you can blame the media for once, though I agree it would be very nice to.  They don't make the decisions to close the schools.  They don't block the A14.  They don't fail to send the gritting crews down my road.  And they don't run out of salt for the roads. :)
I can be handy mending a fuse - but stuff the Isle of Wight

SP_3.2

• Omega Baron
  • Leicester
    • drives A6 allroad 3.0tdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 January 2010, 16:32:51 »

Sledging Working from home tomorrow I reckon.  ::)

Kevin

Sledging .....i mean Working from home tomorrow too
Also drive a Savage 25 niro truck...and flys a Bell 47 twister Savage 46 ss and a Tamiya audi TT ..for now.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 January 2010, 16:37:10 »

not working tommorow anyway, shame no decent hills around my neck of the woods

jereboam

• Omega Knight
  • Suffolk
    • 1999 Omega Elite 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 January 2010, 16:42:50 »

While I admire your heroic efforts, and while I confess total ignorance of your circumstances, I keep wondering why you need to clear that driveway.  It's not like there's a great choice of places to go once you get to the main road.

Presuming you have adequate supplies of food and drink, not to mention a mountain of Pedigree Chum, why don't you just retire to your bed, pull the duvet up, arrange the doggies decorously on top and wait patiently for the thaw? 

As long as the electricity stays on, you've got OOF, radio, TV, the rest of the Internet and if all else fails you could phone someone up for a chat. :)
I can be handy mending a fuse - but stuff the Isle of Wight

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 January 2010, 16:46:55 »

While I admire your heroic efforts, and while I confess total ignorance of your circumstances, I keep wondering why you need to clear that driveway.  It's not like there's a great choice of places to go once you get to the main road.

Presuming you have adequate supplies of food and drink, not to mention a mountain of Pedigree Chum, why don't you just retire to your bed, pull the duvet up, arrange the doggies decorously on top and wait patiently for the thaw? 

As long as the electricity stays on, you've got OOF, radio, TV, the rest of the Internet and if all else fails you could phone someone up for a chat. :)

I think Debs needs access so she can run her farm  :y

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 January 2010, 16:50:14 »

woke up to 6 inches in hull this morning
the missus said she wants more  :-?

still don't know what she means  ;) ;) ;)

goonv6

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 January 2010, 16:50:28 »

We're told that Northants is getting 4" of snow tonight.
Lee
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.