TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Tech 2
« Reply #15 on: 08 March 2013, 13:59:59 »

£200 is less than you would expect to pay for tech1 let alone tech2.
Oh, I dunno now. I wouldn't pay £200 for a Tech1 now. Not even a Tech1a.
Grumpy old man

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
  • VX Trade Card, Halfords Trade Card. Neat.
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #16 on: 08 March 2013, 14:29:36 »

Depends on what came with the Tech1/a and if you had cars to use it on. If it was loaded with cartridges and had that all important writable master cartridge and a nifty carry case or two hehe (Omega B cartridge is useful too!)

Then again I just bought another one and got lucky with both of mine, paid well under the odds, but I've got two Cavalier Turbos as well as the N/A one to think of so they are a valuable tool in my garage ;)
http://www.irmscherMV6.com | #irmscherMV6
Genuine Tech1 and Tech2 diagnostic services for Vauxhalls and Saabs available in and around Cambs.
PM with your requests.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 March 2013, 14:35:15 »

Depends on what came with the Tech1/a and if you had cars to use it on. If it was loaded with cartridges and had that all important writable master cartridge and a nifty carry case or two hehe (Omega B cartridge is useful too!)

Then again I just bought another one and got lucky with both of mine, paid well under the odds, but I've got two Cavalier Turbos as well as the N/A one to think of so they are a valuable tool in my garage ;)
Thats the key.

Whatever car I had, I'd happily pay a couple of hundred for dealer level diags :y

Whilst the Tech1 may be a bit old and limited, its your only option on older Vauxhalls - including some of the earliest Omegas (early TDs and early 2.0l).
Grumpy old man

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
  • VX Trade Card, Halfords Trade Card. Neat.
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #18 on: 08 March 2013, 15:25:18 »

Yes, you've hit the nail on the head. If you have cars that require the tooling then it is going to have more value to you than someone who just wants to boost their collection of expensive garage ornaments. We are quite fortunate insofar as many of our cars will respond to fault code reading via paperclip/pedal methods (of course, the Tech-x units are infinitely more than code readers) but I realised when my Z22SE Astra needed a new MAP sensor how befuddled you can get without being able to access diagnostics. In fact, without Tech2 there is no way to read codes on a Z22SE at all.
http://www.irmscherMV6.com | #irmscherMV6
Genuine Tech1 and Tech2 diagnostic services for Vauxhalls and Saabs available in and around Cambs.
PM with your requests.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.