Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Had a rant at the local planning office today.  (Read 1163 times)

Crazycarzowner

Had a rant at the local planning office today.
« on: 14 July 2015, 22:16:00 »

We live in a densely populated area (residential + 2 primary schools) of Oldham. A couple of days ago a letter came though the post from the council stating that the property that backs on to us ( a dilapidated old single bay garage) wanted plans to erect 5 new repair bays & 1 MOT bay within the footprint of the site.

I've already seen movement at the site by new occupants who have rammed it full of cars in the open & have been working on them (tonight till 21:25 hours)  >:( >:( >:( no consideration for others and play extremely loud music all the time  >:( If the so called plans go through, the already bursting at the seems access road for residents will also be full of customers cars blocking access to the residents garages because I can't see em blocking their own bays up  >:( >:( >:(

Looking at the plans the size of the new building will be monstrous 5 meters tall and 5 repair bays & 1 MOT bay wide!!! Not happy at all.  :(

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Re: Had a rant at the local planning office today.
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2015, 22:39:11 »

Such things can become quite emotive........... :-X

Our village came together a couple of years ago to fight a huge planning proposal, by a developer to virtually double the size of our small village. We used every legal argument we could, this included 'capacity' school and little else, but access to the village and into the proposed development were our best argument; you can put what you like on paper, but blind bends remain. Result, no development at all............ :y :y

Good Luck............. ;) :y

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2015, 02:49:51 »

A neighbour backing on to my next door neighbour wanted to build a 4m high summer house across the complete width of his back garden, right up against the back fence. My neighbour and I both objected and he directly contacted the council and our local MP who was very good and supportive where we had both objected on the grounds of an inappropriate development with a much too high roofline.

A site visit was arranged to my neighbours garden by the councillors from the planning committee and our local MP. We could hear them discussing the issue, but we were not allowed to say anything.

Where one of the counsellors brought along a steel tape measure and held it up against a tree trunk to show how high the building would be, the majority on the planning committee agreed it was an inappropriate development and it was chucked out with the comment that he would have to submit considerably altered and less imposing plans for the application to be considered again.

So keep calm and put in what are reasonable reasons why the development is an inappropriate one for your immediate area. The more people who object the stronger your case will be so contact by letter your neighbours with the website link and objection expiry date and time and ask them to put in an online objection before the cutoff date and also contact your MP. If necessary arrange a meeting between your neighbours.

So yes, it is hassle opposing an application, but if it is inappropriate and going to cause problems then it is winnable. If it is mainly a residential area I would have thought it would be a good idea for you and as many neighbours as possible to contact the council over the current noise and any other nuisances as this will also count against their application. Keep a diary of times and dates and the nature of the problems which you can present to the council before the application is heard by the planning committee.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2015, 08:20:56 »

Too long a story to go into here, but a few years back I successfully challenged a neighbour opposite me who was using his house to run a business from, mainly computer-related, but it entailed lots of vehicles, some of which we large lorries, frequently using our cul-de-sac and blocking it.
My challenge was on the basis of "unauthorised change of use" of residential premises to commercial use in a solely residential area. I took photographs of the activity and vehicular congestion, sent them to the council and the business was forced to close.

Ron.

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2015, 18:55:08 »

Make sure you know the local councillers on the committee, and make doubly sure they understand your worries,

its funny how things get discussed between them before the meeting, and things either go through on the nod, or are dismissed with little discussion.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 July 2015, 19:25:40 »

Lots of sensible suggestions above, and remember, Councillors are elected, so the more direct complaints to them, the more worried they are.

Good luck. :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.