Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: door central locking  (Read 802 times)

lesask

• london
    • omega 2.6cdx
    • View Profile
door central locking
« on: 26 February 2017, 10:55:45 »

Hi there, I need to replace the thing that goes up and down, I understand that I need to remove the entire locking assembly to get to the slave motor or whatever its called. It looks like 3 or 4 big star bolts to remove, does the whole assembly then kind of pull out, then get to the bits I need and replace and then put it all back again or would I need to take out the whole door skin too, I did that a few days ago and realised that I cant get to the slave that way, so maybe I don't need to take the door skin off again. Les.

lesask

• london
    • omega 2.6cdx
    • View Profile
Re: door central locking
« Reply #1 on: 26 February 2017, 11:04:00 »

ive found the pages on the help area, it looks really tricky. I might leave it. thanks.

Carfix

• Malmesbury, Wiltshire
    • 1997 & 1998 Omega Elites
    • View Profile
Re: door central locking
« Reply #2 on: 26 February 2017, 16:12:41 »

It's a bit tricky but definitely doable. I have just replaced a door central locking solenoid (or motor) on my car this weekend.

You first need to take off the interior "door card" and this involves removing various screws (some hidden by trim pieces).

Then carefully peel the plastic sheet (membrane) away from the door.

There are three torx bolts at the side of the door frame that holds the complete lock mechanism in place. Undo these.

You will need to unclip one of metal rods which is attached to the door lock at one end and the other goes to the interior handle. Look for a blue plastic clip. This needs to swing out of the way before the rod is released from the door lock. A long thin screwdriver will help here.

The door lock can then be manoeuvred upwards enough to unclip the electrical connector.

The lock can then be removed from the door.

The central locking solenoid or motor is held onto the door lock by two screws.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.