Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Intermittent xenon dipped beam  (Read 3078 times)

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
Re: Intermittent xenon dipped beam
« Reply #15 on: 05 December 2016, 23:55:03 »

I know the bottom screw holding the headlamp unit in place can be difficult to access (and replace), but I've found that removing the whole unit from the car and unplugging everything whilst holding it clear, is easier than removing the battery - there seems to be enough slack in my looms to allow this, and saves having to disturb anything else.

As an additional tip for refitting bottom screw - I use a small flexible extension with the screw and washer secured with a bit of sticky tape, then once the screw has gripped the chassis insert it is easy enough to pull away, and saves losing the screw on a ledge.
Thanks for tips. TB recommends removing the front bumper to further facilitate removing the bottom screw. I have done it your way in the past, bu,as you say, it.that bottom bolt is tricky.
Pesh... ::) on facelifts, simply pop out the trim, then use a magnetic 8mm socket to undo and remove the lower bolt :y
I am poor.....So i ram some blu-tac in the socket  :y

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 December 2016, 07:05:16 »

I know the bottom screw holding the headlamp unit in place can be difficult to access (and replace), but I've found that removing the whole unit from the car and unplugging everything whilst holding it clear, is easier than removing the battery - there seems to be enough slack in my looms to allow this, and saves having to disturb anything else.

As an additional tip for refitting bottom screw - I use a small flexible extension with the screw and washer secured with a bit of sticky tape, then once the screw has gripped the chassis insert it is easy enough to pull away, and saves losing the screw on a ledge.
Thanks for tips. TB recommends removing the front bumper to further facilitate removing the bottom screw. I have done it your way in the past, bu,as you say, it.that bottom bolt is tricky.
Pesh... ::) on facelifts, simply pop out the trim, then use a magnetic 8mm socket to undo and remove the lower bolt :y
I am poor.....So i ram some blu-tac in the socket  :y
Blue Tac works well enough. Years ago I bought a tube of stuff specifically for sticking nuts in soxkets, not seen it recently.
Its interesting to read how the majority of members appear to remove headlights with bumper on, as I have always done. Its simple enough apart from that bottom bolt. Its useful to have a couple of spare bolts handy if you drop one.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 December 2016, 08:24:10 »

I have never removed any bumper on either F/L or MF/L to remove a headlight and have not had issues getting them out or back in.

Have found that the bottom fixing lug sometimes gets slightly distorted though lifting over and out of lamp socket and requires moving back into shape as bottom bolt wont align with fixing hole.Last time I removed both lamps I also replaced the white plastic screw grommets in the body work as the threads were starting to get worn and not tightening properly.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06 December 2016, 08:27:13 »

I have never removed any bumper on either F/L or MF/L to remove a headlight and have not had issues getting them out or back in.......

HID washers prevent the headlight from being removed ... easily
« Last Edit: 06 December 2016, 08:30:14 by Andy B »

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06 December 2016, 08:36:09 »

Maybe I was lucky but always found you could just tease the lamp body with washer pump over the bumper lip.I put a bit of rag across bumper to stop metal brackets damaging the face.

More fiddly than a F/L but quite doable
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.