Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap-ish windy gun  (Read 808 times)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Cheap-ish windy gun
« on: 19 August 2022, 14:17:46 »

In the middle isle at Lidl,, 1/2" battery powered windy gun,, says 400nm,, for £69.99.
Hoof'land storeman.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
Re: Cheap-ish windy gun
« Reply #1 on: 19 August 2022, 14:53:44 »

They’re not bad but the 400nm is a bit a ambitious 👀
Laying a rubber road.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 August 2022, 00:51:07 »

I've got one that I use with a 4 ah battery. They are ok for whizzing wheel nuts off once cracked with a breaker bar, but they generally struggle with wheel nuts that have been on for a period of time (as we all know they always seen tighter on removal than when they were originally fitted ::))
However, I also have a Lidl Parkside 'Performance' 20v cordless impact wrench, which delivers a massive 1896nm of 'nut busting' torque, and I have yet to find any nut / bolt that it won't loosen virtually immediately. Heavier than the 400nm version, but a cracking piece of kit, with a 5 year warranty (Lidl are extremely good in honouring their warranties if ever needed). I waited for the Performance version to come into UK stores, but gave up after 12 months, and ordered one from Germany for approx £140 delivered.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 August 2022, 14:51:35 »

I've got one that I use with a 4 ah battery. They are ok for whizzing wheel nuts off once cracked with a breaker bar, but they generally struggle with wheel nuts that have been on for a period of time (as we all know they always seen tighter on removal than when they were originally fitted ::))
However, I also have a Lidl Parkside 'Performance' 20v cordless impact wrench, which delivers a massive 1896nm of 'nut busting' torque, and I have yet to find any nut / bolt that it won't loosen virtually immediately. Heavier than the 400nm version, but a cracking piece of kit, with a 5 year warranty (Lidl are extremely good in honouring their warranties if ever needed). I waited for the Performance version to come into UK stores, but gave up after 12 months, and ordered one from Germany for approx £140 delivered.

Thats good value for such a high torque  figure :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 August 2022, 19:17:28 »

https://youtu.be/NkIO08dlg_s

Torque v power.

3 minutes.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 August 2022, 10:56:52 »

Must be different internals, as the one on sale is the 20v version.
Hoof'land storeman.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 August 2022, 09:51:41 »

It's a totally different machine; heavier, black in colour, in a sturdy red / black carry case - not the cheap blown moulded plastic case that the standard green models come in. It's also hard to beat the 5 years no quibble warranty. Mulwaukee are the only real contenders for comparison purposes, in output etc but they are far more expensive and only have 1 years warranty, which can be extended on line but not for 5 years.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.