Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Front spots  (Read 1257 times)

bomberdeluxe

• Gillingham Kent
    • Omega 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
Front spots
« on: 06 September 2022, 09:36:56 »

Can anyone tell me how to remove the front spotlight covers on a 2003 Omega 2.6 saloon, please? 

Also, does anyone know where I might be able to get a passenger-side headlight for the same car as above, please?

I'm coming up for 76 and I'm not that conversant with spanners etc. so some technical help from Omega Owners would be gratefully received.

Kind regards

Graham

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Front spots
« Reply #1 on: 06 September 2022, 10:48:39 »

None of that is particularly troublesome, but if you don't think that you're upto it, I would give Nick W a message as he is in your corner of Kent  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 September 2022, 11:43:19 »

By spotlight, do you mean headlight or fog light?

For the headlight, can you narrow it down if its halogen dipped beam or HIS dipped beam (or let us know the car model spec)
Grumpy old man

bomberdeluxe

• Gillingham Kent
    • Omega 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 September 2022, 12:26:29 »

Hi, By "Spots" I mean the two spotlights on each corner of the lower front wing, I guess you could also call them the front two fog lights.
I just know that looking at it just doesn't tell me a thing on how to take the covers off.
I need to take them off so that I can give them a real clean as they have really closed over and need more than just a rub with a wet cloth.

Regards

Graham

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 September 2022, 13:52:45 »

So they are normally referred to as the fog lights, and only come on via the front fog light switch.

They are screwed to the bumper from behind.  On a standard bumper, I think you can get at them, but slightly awkward, and probably easier to remove the bumper itself (4 screws, 5 clips, one electrical connector, and one water hose if it has headlight washers.  Then you can get easily to the screws that hold the fog light to the bumper.

With bumper off, headlight removal is trivial - 1 screw in the small trim under the headlight, then 3 screws holding headlight to car, plus its electrical connectors (quite a few of these on the Omega).

If you are feeling up to removing the bumper, we can give a clearer description on removal :y
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 September 2022, 13:57:37 »

None of that is particularly troublesome, but if you don't think that you're upto it, I would give Nick W a message as he is in your corner of Kent  :y

He might have a pair of usable foglights.

The covers are bonded on just like the headlamps; sticking them in the overn for a few minutes will reactivate to adhesive and allow removal. That's worthwhile on a headlamp as you'll be wanting to renovate the adjusters inside, but a foglight will just want the lens polished.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.