Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: US hegemony  (Read 2909 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: US hegemony
« Reply #60 on: 04 September 2022, 11:26:37 »

I take it you read that article...

Obamas records were digital from the get go. He may not have actual paper documents, but one can only surmise just how many digital files he might have direct access to.

Those digital files are also covered by the aforementioned laws of the USA.  Do you really think anyone, even a President, can get away with secreting classified documents away to their private files without ‘the system’ noting it?

Anyway, let’s just watch what the DOJ cooks up next to get Trump.

Fixed that for you Lizzie.  They are determined to stop him from running in 2024 and undoubtedly are prepared to resort to a few dirty tricks.  ::)

I'll be watching, but with a healthy dose of scepticism.  :)

Very funny ;D ;D  ;D

But, seriously, I trust the American security system, with its weaknesses, far more than Trump.

Time will tell though, and let’s see what happens next ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 04 September 2022, 12:56:15 »

Obamas records were digital from the get go. He may not have actual paper documents, but one can only surmise just how many digital files he might have direct access to.

Those digital files are also covered by the aforementioned laws of the USA.  Do you really think anyone, even a President, can get away with secreting classified documents away to their private files without ‘the system’ noting it?

Fixed that for you Lizzie.  They are determined to stop him from running in 2024 and undoubtedly are prepared to resort to a few dirty tricks.  ::)

Very funny ;D ;D  ;D

But, seriously, I trust the American security system, with its weaknesses, far more than Trump.

I think the American 'deep state' is as corrupt as the British establishment and don't care much for democracy as the demos have a habit of making decisions that they don't like.  Trump... Brexit.... 

They are making a big effort to pin something/anything on Trump to make sure he can't run for President in 2024.   ::)

More enquiring minds might wonder about the integrity of the 2020 US election that shooed a senile old man into the White House.  ???  :-X

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 04 September 2022, 13:22:44 »

Very funny ;D ;D  ;D

I think the American 'deep state' is as corrupt as the British establishment and don't care much for democracy as the demos have a habit of making decisions that they don't like.  Trump... Brexit.... 

They are making a big effort to pin something/anything on Trump to make sure he can't run for President in 2024.   ::)

More enquiring minds might wonder about the integrity of the 2020 US election that shooed a senile old man into the White House.  ???  :-X

He may stand again in 2024. Not that he'll be aware of it. ::)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 04 September 2022, 13:59:03 »

Very funny ;D ;D  ;D

More enquiring? That's one way of saying conspiratorial, I suppose  ;D ;D
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 04 September 2022, 14:03:48 »

Very funny ;D ;D  ;D

Ah, now you have touched on a fundamental truth of politics :y

Whether democratic or communist, a nation is run by the leaders who will initially speak of fighting for the people, protecting their rights, providing for them, giving them the wonderful life they deserve.  But then, once in power such niceties are placed in a lower priority, or displaced altogether, as those at the top get corrupted by their position, their class status, and what THEY want. 

This does apply to the aforementioned political systems, even communist.  The “we are all equal” statement is soon forgotten as those at the top enjoy the luxuries and influence that corrupts them.  As the poor suffer, as the many are given whatever crumbs the rich and powerful decide they should have, the latter sit back. Stalin didn’t care about those who gave so much to the state, no more than any American president really does; just along as they retain their prestige, power and wealth.
Our Boris could be labelled in that way, but I will let history judge the privileged public school boy Buffoon. Even though in a democratic system these individuals are voted in by us, so often we never know the truth about what they intend for themselves::) rather than give to the voting public. In addition we have those top civil servants and advisors who manipulate, and scheme, to undermine what we the democratic public want and require, behind the scenes of the elected representatives.

Right, rant, and that is what it is, is over which would delight my late communist father! :D ;)

But NO political system is perfect, but democracy is perhaps the best we know. Which was of course the tone of the famous Churchill quote:

https://www.gov.mb.ca/legislature/education/brochures/booklet.pdf

;)

« Last Edit: 04 September 2022, 14:10:32 by Lizzie Zoom »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 04 September 2022, 17:53:43 »

He may stand again in 2024....

Only with the aid of a zimmer frame. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 04 September 2022, 18:15:30 »

He cant even stand in 2022.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.