Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Russian Mobilisation  (Read 1792 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Russian Mobilisation
« Reply #15 on: 21 September 2022, 20:45:51 »

Lizz, DG, there is a very real difference between partial and full mobilisation, with extremely dire outcomes. Obviously you were both taking the piss or too stupid to understand that :y

Neither is true.  Just taking the figures at face value, and the fact Putin is stepping up his threats with talk of using nuclear weapons.  300k being called up is to me a mobilisation of some size when it is not a World War situation.  Then we are talking in millions of conscripts over both. But obviously you think 300k is not a large figure for the Ukraine campaign. So be it. No need to insult though because you do not agree with our point of view.  And that is all it is, as we cannot see into Putin’s mind no more than some military observers can.  What will come next, who knows.

But, as I said, we can all do without all this threat and the affects it is having on human life >:(

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 September 2022, 20:53:32 »

I’m not insulting anybody, I’m merely pointing out he has not fully mobilised if he does that is entirely a different situation. I’m fully aware how much 300.000 is but I know the difference with that and a possible 25 million. Now stop attacking and learn :y
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 September 2022, 21:00:22 »

Not being pedantic but…,,,.

Read to the end :y.        https://www.aljazeera.com/
Laying a rubber road.

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 September 2022, 21:03:02 »

Lizz, DG, there is a very real difference between partial and full mobilisation, with extremely dire outcomes. Obviously you were both taking the piss or too stupid to understand that :y

Neither is true.  Just taking the figures at face value, and the fact Putin is stepping up his threats with talk of using nuclear weapons.  300k being called up is to me a mobilisation of some size when it is not a World War situation.  Then we are talking in millions of conscripts over both. But obviously you think 300k is not a large figure for the Ukraine campaign. So be it. No need to insult though because you do not agree with our point of view.  And that is all it is, as we cannot see into Putin’s mind no more than some military observers can.  What will come next, who knows.

But, as I said, we can all do without all this threat and the affects it is having on human life >:(

Russia has 1,350,000 total military personnel, including reservists and paramilitaries, so 300K is not excessive, but will provide for a much larger contingent in Ukraine where, currently, Russia has only about 80k against around 300k Ukrainian military.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.php?country_id=russia

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 September 2022, 21:35:51 »

Apparently sarcasm doesn't read so easily  ::)

It was a thinly disguised dig at the performance in Leningrad, followed by a suggestion that as LZ knows all the answers, she may as well go and have a word and put Vlad back in his box.  ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 September 2022, 21:54:42 »

Apparently sarcasm doesn't read so easily  ::)

It was a thinly disguised dig at the performance in Leningrad, followed by a suggestion that as LZ knows all the answers, she may as well go and have a word and put Vlad back in his box.  ;)

;D ;D ;D That’s very kind of you, but I certainly have not got all the answers anymore or less than others have on here ;)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21 September 2022, 22:08:00 »

I bet the backroom gurus everywhere have ratshitted up the what if scenarios.

I would imagine dave the builder has been putting the finishing touches to his bunker. Ours is ready….
I'm doing a few modifications post pandemic  :)
waste oil powered heating (ready for the nuclear winter ) and high utility prices   :P
increased battery bank capacity and modification to the air filtration etc  ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21 September 2022, 22:09:55 »

I’m not insulting anybody, I’m merely pointing out he has not fully mobilised if he does that is entirely a different situation. I’m fully aware how much 300.000 is but I know the difference with that and a possible 25 million. Now stop attacking and learn :

Yes sir! ;D ;D ;D

After reading history most of my life, and being in a military family, especially on the two World Wars I have learnt more than a little, but there is always more to learn.

I was not the attacker on this point, but just made an observation based on the fact that this is a local, regional, war that Putin thought he could win very quickly and with limited resources.  It was certainly never an invasion into Ukraine to the extent that Germany was involved in on the 22nd June 1941, when over 3 million troops went in with 3,000 tanks, 7,000 artillery pieces, and 2,500 aircraft.  Now that is a serious invasion, but Putin, unlike Hitler, did not expect a strong resistance and has been the case so did not commit the full force of his armies.

The stepping up of troop numbers of any type, let alone 300k, reflects his desperation to reverse his failures.  With conscripts involved, including apparent inmates of prisons, I do not see him overcoming the Ukrainians who are going to receive even more Western aid.

But these are interesting times! :o

« Last Edit: 21 September 2022, 22:12:36 by Lizzie Zoom »

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 September 2022, 22:21:16 »

I would imagine dave the builder has been putting the finishing touches to his bunker. Ours is ready….
waste oil powered heating (ready for the nuclear winter ) and high utility prices   :P

I've just put a new flap on my gazebo. That should ensure that we'll survive the nuclear winter.  :D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 September 2022, 22:24:05 »

I've just put a new flap on my gazebo. That should ensure that we'll survive the nuclear winter.  :D
I can't be arsed. I'll just get pissed and watch the fireworks.
Diesel till I die

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21 September 2022, 22:28:08 »

We installed 16 panel, 7.5kw solar in July plus batteries . Need double the amount of batteries but it works quite well. Stocked the drinks cellar today.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 September 2022, 22:50:18 »

Just been listening to Zelensky addressing the UN. He didn't pull any punches and, I think, galvanised the position of those opposing the Russian invasion. Despite my earlier call for pragmatism, I can't see any deals being done.
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21 September 2022, 23:29:31 »

I’m not insulting anybody, I’m merely pointing out he has not fully mobilised if he does that is entirely a different situation. I’m fully aware how much 300.000 is but I know the difference with that and a possible 25 million. Now stop attacking and learn :

Yes sir! ;D ;D ;D

After reading history most of my life, and being in a military family, especially on the two World Wars I have learnt more than a little, but there is always more to learn.

I was not the attacker on this point, but just made an observation based on the fact that this is a local, regional, war that Putin thought he could win very quickly and with limited resources.  It was certainly never an invasion into Ukraine to the extent that Germany was involved in on the 22nd June 1941, when over 3 million troops went in with 3,000 tanks, 7,000 artillery pieces, and 2,500 aircraft.  Now that is a serious invasion, but Putin, unlike Hitler, did not expect a strong resistance and has been the case so did not commit the full force of his armies.

The stepping up of troop numbers of any type, let alone 300k, reflects his desperation to reverse his failures.  With conscripts involved, including apparent inmates of prisons, I do not see him overcoming the Ukrainians who are going to receive even more Western aid.

Of course 👍 I have quite an insight to the military myself 🫢 and was just trying to make it clear it was not ‘full’ as that would be probably mean world war👍 Doc I’m pretty well up on sarcasm here 😎but I thought this needed clarification for those who may not understand so well the ways of war, and if they depend on here for their  information (possible) could be terrified. I’m cautious that way as I know misinformation can be life threatening to some, and our veterans have hardly any mental health help whatsoever.
Laying a rubber road.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 22 September 2022, 09:10:50 »

Yes sir! ;D ;D ;D

Of course 👍 I have quite an insight to the military myself 🫢 and was just trying to make it clear it was not ‘full’ as that would be probably mean world war👍 Doc I’m pretty well up on sarcasm here 😎but I thought this needed clarification for those who may not understand so well the ways of war, and if they depend on here for their  information (possible) could be terrified. I’m cautious that way as I know misinformation can be life threatening to some, and our veterans have hardly any mental health help whatsoever.

Now I am with you 100% on that :y :y

Although there is more help now for those who serve our country and fight for it at times of war than say during, and after, WWI, all too many of those brave individuals go through hell without the support they should so richly deserve.  It is a disgrace how many veterans you hear of who are still tormented by their past war experiences but are left to basically have their lives disintegrate.

My father and father in law both served in WW2, and to differing degrees suffered from some traumatic experiences.  The father in law, George, was a hard bastard on the outside, not wanting to form friendships, as he had seen his fighting friends, mates, blown to pieces in front of him. Inside he was a wonderfully caring, loving man, but his experiences left very deep lasting scares.  For him, and my father who witnessed things he could not talk about easily without breaking down, like losing his father to a Luftwaffe bomb on 12th September 1940 that shaped his life, there was NO help with their mental health.  I suspect from what I read and hear, that pattern has not really changed.

So, yes, we / I can talk of the threat by Putin to escalate the war and threaten the West with nuclear retaliation, but we / I are not the poor buggers who will have to fight in the field and suffer terrible experiences as military people always have.  That is why the politicians must do everything to bring Putin to book, but not get sucked into a major conflict.  As I see it Ukraine has no choice but to bravely fight on as the defenders of their land. But the many countries supporting those brave people must continue to give them everything they need to gain complete victory over Putin, without stepping into WWIII.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 22 September 2022, 09:19:20 »

Very well put Lizzie, only those that have served or have had family members in the armed forces know what they have been through and the demons that they have to fight/live with, Putin is a complete madman and  needs to be taken out permanently.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.