Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kwasi (Reagan) Karteng  (Read 1348 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Kwasi (Reagan) Karteng
« on: 23 September 2022, 13:54:20 »

For the first time in a long time a Conservative Govt. is acting like a Conservative Government.
Kwasi,s fiscal statement was straight from the Reagan book on economics.
Cut taxes and promote growth in the economy. No-one has been brave enough to take this gamble for a very long time.
I hope it works.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Kwasi (Reagan) Karteng
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2022, 14:34:30 »

Well it's got the leftwaffe foaming at the mouth so it must be good!  :y  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2022, 14:46:31 »

It certainly has.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2022, 15:08:42 »

From what I, even as a Conservative, sees is a 'mini' budget that just helps the rich more than helping the poor.

That is how the populous living on the fear of not being able to pay their bills are going to receive it.

But time will tell. ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 September 2022, 15:52:19 »

The BBC and Sky were straight up to northern towns to see how it went down. Sky was in Wakefield ffs. Unusually, they interviewed two city centre business owners, rather than some slapper with five kids to different fathers. One of them, the owner of Frank Bird, said that if the government didn't continue the help it was giving for more than six month, the town centre would die. I was there on Wednesday. Me and two others  ;D
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 September 2022, 16:07:20 »

We went to Peterborough Queensgate shopping precinct a few weeks ago hadn't been for about 3 years a lot of the big name shops no longer exist & several smaller than units are completely empty . A few new names but selling utter rubbish why anyone would risk starting a business now is beyond comprehension.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 September 2022, 16:32:57 »

For the first time in a long time a Conservative Govt. is acting like a Conservative Government.
Cut taxes and promote growth in the economy. No-one has been brave enough to take this gamble for a very long time.
You won't be very happy when pensions and benefits go up by c10% next month.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 September 2022, 16:39:39 »

We went to Peterborough Queensgate shopping precinct a few weeks ago hadn't been for about 3 years a lot of the big name shops no longer exist & several smaller than units are completely empty . A few new names but selling utter rubbish why anyone would risk starting a business now is beyond comprehension.

Indeed, I would not start a retail bricks and mortar operation now.  The public have decided, no one else,  that they only need the big supermarkets, a scattering of other outlets, with them usually shopping on line for everything else.

Around Ashford I regularly see 3 or 4 Amazon Prime vans delivering daily.  That tells it's own story!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 September 2022, 17:32:35 »

You won't be very happy when pensions and benefits go up by c10% next month.  ;D

I suspect we will have changes to those in the not too distant future.  ;)
Not much excuse for not having some kind of job these days. Employers are crying out for workers, all over the country.
And as for pensioners - my MIL who is one of those poor struggling pensioners and spends between £60 - £100 a week on lottery tickets ffs.  :o ;D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 September 2022, 18:40:01 »

The new Conservative government's solution is Reaganomics. A theory whose success depends on a senile leader so wooden they act like they had a telegraph pole shoved up their arse before they got the job.

So there is a tiny chance that a couple of citizens who aren't already millionaires might benefit.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 September 2022, 19:09:28 »

The new Conservative government's solution is Reaganomics. A theory whose success depends on a senile leader so wooden they act like they had a telegraph pole shoved up their arse before they got the job.

So there is a tiny chance that a couple of citizens who aren't already millionaires might benefit.
No one will lose, unless you know different.
Diesel till I die

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 September 2022, 19:19:32 »

I suspect we will have changes to those in the not too distant future.  ;)
Not much excuse for not having some kind of job these days. Employers are crying out for workers, all over the country.
And as for pensioners - my MIL who is one of those poor struggling pensioners and spends between £60 - £100 a week on lottery tickets ffs.  :o ;D

Is she Spanish?  The Spanish spend big time  on lotteries
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 September 2022, 21:35:52 »

Someone did the maths and found that an "average earner" could be £400 a year better off  , a higher earner could be up to £5k better off , go away poor people  :y

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 September 2022, 22:05:48 »

Someone did the maths and found that an "average earner" could be £400 a year better off  , a higher earner could be up to £5k better off , go away poor people  :y
As a percentage of earnings, that seems fair to me. And, after all, we don't want poor people getting rich, because then they'd be despised by people who are envious.
Diesel till I die

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 September 2022, 22:24:43 »

As a percentage of earnings, that seems fair to me. And, after all, we don't want poor people getting rich, because then they'd be despised by people who are envious.

I would quote the lyrics to I've got mine, but the whole attitude can be summed up by opps you, I'm OK.

Conservatives don't want too many people climbing the pyramid, because they're afraid they'll be the one with the point up their arse.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 23 September 2022, 22:53:46 »

Is it better that those in a position to create jobs, generate opportunities and grow the economy be able to do so, or would you prefer that the economy become stagnent and be divided equally amongst the 70ish million people that live here? How long would that be sustainable for? A year? 5? 10?
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 September 2022, 13:02:58 »

I'm not sure this mini budget will play well with the red wall. Extra money for the rich and more money for bankers probably won't go down too well in the cities of the northern tundra.

Will trickle down work? I very much doubt it.

Lets give old Trussy a chance and see what else she can come up with. :)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 September 2022, 13:46:01 »

To be honest I don't think any budget has really affected me one way or the other over the years, I've always been able to earn more cash if required in the jobs I've had , so will just carry on as normal, SWMBO & myself both have decent occupational pensions thankfully + the state pension so will just soldier on. If more jobs are created then that's great only time will tell.
« Last Edit: 24 September 2022, 13:48:19 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 September 2022, 13:59:12 »

I'm not sure this mini budget will play well with the red wall. Extra money for the rich and more money for bankers probably won't go down too well in the cities of the northern tundra.

Trickle down does work though.... to a point.

All of the wealthy people I know spend their money. They drive expensive cars which sustains the dealerships and provides jobs. They have all had alterations and extensions to their homes which sustains the trades, usually sole traders and small businesses. They go off on expensive holidays etc etc etc

The reason that the left are so sniffy about Trickle Down is that the money usually doesn't trickle all the way down to the bottom to those who want something for nothing.  ;)

Truss and Kwarteng have already won or lost the next election, and as much as I despise the man, Tony Blair was right about winning over 'Mondeo Man' to win elections. These tax cuts will put quite a lot of extra cash into average peoples pockets and cancelling Sunak's stupid rise in Corporation Tax will give businesses large and small a boost going into a difficult time.  :y

If we avoid going into recession or even if the recession is shorter and shallower than our contemporaries Truss will probably win the 2024 election.  :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 September 2022, 14:08:28 »

We can hope :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 September 2022, 14:24:11 »

All of the wealthy people I know spend their money. They drive expensive cars which sustains the dealerships and provides jobs. They have all had alterations and extensions to their homes which sustains the trades, usually sole traders and small businesses. They go off on expensive holidays etc etc etc

The reason that the left are so sniffy about Trickle Down is that the money usually doesn't trickle all the way down to the bottom to those who want something for nothing.  ;)

Truss and Kwarteng have already won or lost the next election, and as much as I despise the man, Tony Blair was right about winning over 'Mondeo Man' to win elections. These tax cuts will put quite a lot of extra cash into average peoples pockets and cancelling Sunak's stupid rise in Corporation Tax will give businesses large and small a boost going into a difficult time.  :y

If we avoid going into recession or even if the recession is shorter and shallower than our contemporaries Truss will probably win the 2024 election.  :)

I don't know any wealthy people. Just people who shop in Poundland and go to food banks. :)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 September 2022, 14:33:25 »

I don't know any wealthy people. Just people who shop in Poundland and go to food banks. :)

I once knew a sister of my father in law who was loaded.  Owned her house in London and wanted for nothing.  But she was known by her brother and others as being very tight, and a money grabber.  She used to go around all the local cheap shops looking for end of day clearances, and anything going for a fraction of their original price.

She would have loved the food banks! :o :o

How many other wealthy people are like that.  J.Paul Getty was renowned for it, remember him? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 September 2022, 14:51:44 »

What Truss should abolish forthwith is the politics of envy.  It should be killed off and buried deep so it can never resurface, as it is like a cancer in this country of the like that you don't see in countries like America or Australia.  ::)

I'd rather wealthy people keep more of their cash and be encouraged to pump it back into the economy, than have it confiscated by the government to be pissed away on useless things like the proliferation of diversity and inclusion jobs in the public sector or housing illegal immigrants in nice hotels!  :-X

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 September 2022, 14:53:41 »

How to abolish it though. Its a National disease thats been around longer than Polio.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24 September 2022, 15:10:10 »

How to abolish it though. Its a National disease thats been around longer than Polio.
Unfortunately I don't think that particular genie will get back in its lamp.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24 September 2022, 15:15:07 »

The other consideration is that private pensions tend to do well when the big boys do well, which works for me :y
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 18 queries.