Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3043594 times)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #24315 on: 15 September 2022, 15:07:32 »

Spent 5 grand on the Evo🙁😂😂🤣🤣

A decent hot curry and a box of senocot tablets is a far cheaper option if your bowels are blocked Rae  ;)

what have you spent £5K on  :o
                 New coil overs new pads xp10 front xp8 rear, timing belt balance belt all pulleys and tensioners, short shifter, new oil and filters throughout, six puck paddle clutch, droplinks RSR 592 semislicks ……… blah blah…..
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24316 on: 15 September 2022, 15:09:10 »

Spent 5 grand on the Evo🙁😂😂🤣🤣

A decent hot curry and a box of senocot tablets is a far cheaper option if your bowels are blocked Rae  ;)

what have you spent £5K on  :o

It's a Mitsubishi; £5k of parts could easily be carried home in a carrier bag..... ::)
              Now now Nick,  it would have to be a large carrier bag🤣👍
Laying a rubber road.

Friend in PA

• Pocono Mountains in PA, USA
    • 2001 Catera
    • View Profile
« Reply #24317 on: 16 September 2022, 21:34:50 »

Spent a bit of time and elbow grease today resurrecting the 21 year old wheels on my 2001 Catera. Got this car from my mother who at age 86 finally decided it was time to hang up her driving gloves. She bought the car in 2003 from someone who traded it in with 30,000 miles on the meter. While she owned it she ran it up to 72K miles. It is in great shape with only a few minor issues to deal with.

Today I decided to get out the Flitz polish and give the wheels a good clean and polish. The center inserts had long ago shed their Cadillac logos save for one so I removed them and cleaned them up to remove the old glue spots and prep them to accept new "covers". Seems like there is still some life left in this old chrome eh?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24318 on: 18 September 2022, 06:58:12 »

Spent the day hooning around in one of these - https://cfmotousa.com/side-x-sides/zforce-800-ex

Bro was in another, and no racing was happening at any point  ::)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24319 on: 20 September 2022, 10:40:21 »

Despite the best efforts of both the French and German air traffic controls*, and Gatwick's attempts to cock it all up**, I still managed to drive home at a pace to be in bed before midnight.

So, in perspective, in the past 3 weeks....

Paphos to Brackley, via Bro's house to pick up the car, and including a stop for a Toby - 14hrs
Staxton (Yorkshire) to Brackley, direct, by the RAC - 18hrs

*it would appear the French and Germans were having a bit of a spat after the French walked out as usual, and the Germans didn't see why they should take on all the extra load.

**Apparently no staff to bring rear steps to plane, so connected by an airbridge only to front door.  I'm sure Doc Gollum can describe what happens if you try to unload a full, heavy A321 from the front only....
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24320 on: 20 September 2022, 11:35:33 »

Despite the best efforts of both the French and German air traffic controls*, and Gatwick's attempts to cock it all up**, I still managed to drive home at a pace to be in bed before midnight.

Paphos to Brackley, via Bro's house to pick up the car, and including a stop for a Toby - 14hrs

*it would appear the French and Germans were having a bit of a spat after the French walked out as usual, and the Germans didn't see why they should take on all the extra load.

**Apparently no staff to bring rear steps to plane, so connected by an airbridge only to front door.  I'm sure Doc Gollum can describe what happens if you try to unload a full, heavy A321 from the front only....
They do get quite tippy, especially if said loaders are slow to the aircraft as they're generally only loaded in the rear holds ;D

Sounds like the TCO was the one who met the aircraft without a load team... They can set the stand guidance, chock it, plug in the ground power and drive the jetty, but that's their limit.

DHL provide handling services to the Orange product, and as we all know, DHL stands for three things:

1. Don't Handle Logistics.
2. Don't Handle Luggage.
3. Don't Handle Limpio*.

*Limpio being Spanish for cleaning.

Although credit where it is due, they at least try to clean our aircraft.  :-X

The agency I used to work for went bust in late 2020 and supplied half of DHLs Gatwick staff. I keep getting texts from someone who obviously bought their contacts for a quid offering me jobs as a Ramp agent at £11 ph, (about £2 less than the actual job pays) and yesterday, to do the Runway Snow clearance role for £320 a day, which has gone up 150% since I last did it in winter 19/20. Incidentally, this suggests that they're expecting snow this year...
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24321 on: 20 September 2022, 12:08:18 »

And Delta airlines stands for:

Don't Expect Luggage To Arrive

;D
Grumpy old man

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24322 on: 20 September 2022, 16:57:48 »

They do get quite tippy, especially if said loaders are slow to the aircraft as they're generally only loaded in the rear holds ;D

Sounds like the TCO was the one who met the aircraft without a load team... They can set the stand guidance, chock it, plug in the ground power and drive the jetty, but that's their limit.

DHL provide handling services to the Orange product, and as we all know, DHL stands for three things:

2. Don't Handle Luggage.
3. Don't Handle Limpio*.

The agency I used to work for went bust in late 2020 and supplied half of DHLs Gatwick staff. I keep getting texts from someone who obviously bought their contacts for a quid offering me jobs as a Ramp agent at £11 ph, (about £2 less than the actual job pays) and yesterday, to do the Runway Snow clearance role for £320 a day, which has gone up 150% since I last did it in winter 19/20. Incidentally, this suggests that they're expecting snow this year...

2. Don't Handle Luggage.
3. Don't Handle Limpio*.

They're bound to be right at some stage. ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24323 on: 20 September 2022, 17:35:50 »

Airports tend to take the threat seriously. Especially since the last proper snow... Gatwick just won the last big battle by being ready for it, whereas Heathrow hadn't even got people on standby for it ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24324 on: 20 September 2022, 19:24:47 »

Well, we had a good summer and they are often followed by a hard winter.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24325 on: 22 September 2022, 07:50:02 »

Got the phone app linked to the car, after an awful lot of assistance from that DTM fella.  Cheers MDTM :y
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24326 on: 22 September 2022, 10:32:08 »

Got the phone app linked to the car, after an awful lot of assistance from that DTM fella.  Cheers MDTM :y

No worries, big slap to the previous owner for not de-registering the car........hopefully the extra subscription period will compensate  :y

456lbft

• Northants
  • Exhaust manufacturer from Northamptonshire
    • Omega MV6-Fred
    • View Profile
« Reply #24327 on: 22 September 2022, 11:05:17 »

MOT and AC regas done on the MV6 last week, having fitted new condensor/drier. No advisories and still blowing cold a week later :y
Oil leaks are next job ::)
Carlton 3.6 Track Car
Omega 3.2 MV6 Fred

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24328 on: 22 September 2022, 13:42:04 »

Tried in vain to find the source of the knock from under the o/s/f of the Omega.
Sounds like a balljoint or similar, but apart from the fact they are newish, inspection suggests they are ok. Same with droplinks and T.R.E,s.
The knocking going over any kind of bumps is driving me nuts.  ::)

Finally found a bit of motivation to fit a new cam oil seal to Piere last week. Fired it up and its still sparying oil all over the place.
Should I buy a new cam ? Not sure. I fitted an SKF Speedisleeve over the end a while back which cured things for a while.
Tempted to buy a new cam, another new seal and try again. But if that doesnt cure it wtf will ?  ??? ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #24329 on: 22 September 2022, 13:50:18 »

Tried in vain to find the source of the knock from under the o/s/f of the Omega.
Sounds like a balljoint or similar, but apart from the fact they are newish, inspection suggests they are ok. Same with droplinks and T.R.E,s.
The knocking going over any kind of bumps is driving me nuts.  ::)

Finally found a bit of motivation to fit a new cam oil seal to Piere last week. Fired it up and its still sparying oil all over the place.
Should I buy a new cam ? Not sure. I fitted an SKF Speedisleeve over the end a while back which cured things for a while.
Tempted to buy a new cam, another new seal and try again. But if that doesnt cure it wtf will ?  ??? ::)

Top mount or duff shock  ???
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.