Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New rubber trim for windscreen,fitting problem.  (Read 3305 times)

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
Re: New rubber trim for windscreen,fitting problem.
« Reply #30 on: 11 November 2020, 17:08:41 »

I'm surprised at that to be honest. As long as the old goalpost trim is in good nick, the tongue is not distorted, and retainer groove is intact and completely clean and clear of any contamination /dirt whatsoever, a thin smear of lubricant (I used red rubber grease) assists the moulding tongue into place. I found it easier to position the top corner of the moulding relative to the top corner of the retainer, holding it with masking tape to keep it square, also noting the the lower end was correct relative to the retainer, before starting at the bottom and gradually thumbing it into the retainer all round. If you are not happy with its positioning after starting, it is easy to adjust slightly due to the lubricant on the tongue.
I removed and replaced the goalpost trim with a good used one a few years ago on a saloon, and it remained snugly in place with no gaps at the top.
It is important however that the screen and retainer are positioned correctly in the aperture to start with, especially if the screen has been replaced, and that the moulding is not perished / cracked or distorted to give it a chance of sitting properly.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 21 queries.