Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Complete dash removal  (Read 2530 times)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
Re: Complete dash removal
« Reply #15 on: 11 November 2020, 22:32:32 »

DG is right it was a parts request, X20XEV engine going to someone wanting to do a transplant into a corsa ( God knows why  :o) guy was asking for the full loom to use the immobiliser but has now found a bypass solution.
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 November 2020, 23:45:44 »

DG is right it was a parts request, X20XEV engine going to someone wanting to do a transplant into a corsa ( God knows why  :o ) guy was asking for the full loom to use the immobiliser but has now found a bypass solution.

The whole loom for that?? I'd have to check with Ian, but I think he added 5 from the ECU plug into the car to work the immobiliser, OBD port and rev counter on his MGB. As a Corsa probably already has those and an engine ECU, all of which will be similar to Omega ones, your customer is making things really difficult....

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 November 2020, 07:07:24 »

DG is right it was a parts request, X20XEV engine going to someone wanting to do a transplant into a corsa ( God knows why  :o ) guy was asking for the full loom to use the immobiliser but has now found a bypass solution.

The whole loom for that?? I'd have to check with Ian, but I think he added 5 from the ECU plug into the car to work the immobiliser, OBD port and rev counter on his MGB. As a Corsa probably already has those and an engine ECU, all of which will be similar to Omega ones, your customer is making things really difficult....

I think he has seen the light and will be dong something similar, I haven't broken a 2.0 before and was surprised by the enquiries for the engine and it's loom, I assume this engine is the poor mans redtop but they are unobtainable these days I believe
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 November 2020, 10:15:34 »

Similar power, if not quite as tuneable, and cheaper than the Z20LET or the current turbo four bangers... Not to mention alot less work than trying to stuff a V6 in the gap ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.