Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Jaguar I-Pace Test Drive  (Read 9821 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: Jaguar I-Pace Test Drive
« Reply #45 on: 04 March 2020, 17:32:45 »

Daughter loves her Tesla X, which seems quite quick. Doesn’t feel like a luxury car inside though.

That's is THE down side of a Tesla, they are not a well built and refined car at all  :y

A chap down the road from me swopped his Maserati for a Tesla, must be stark raving bonkers, the Tesla looks cheap & nasty especially the front end.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 04 March 2020, 17:42:44 »

Daughter loves her Tesla X, which seems quite quick. Doesn’t feel like a luxury car inside though.

That's is THE down side of a Tesla, they are not a well built and refined car at all  :y
Built predominantly for the American market, and it shows.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 04 March 2020, 17:45:55 »

not a bad video review of the i-Pace here .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=CEyfCcAbtKU&feature=emb_logo

he wasn't impressed with trying to charge it though
That's not so much a review of the iPace as a review about living with an EV. Thought I'd skip through it, but ended up watching the whole half hour. Very interesting, and proof, if proof were needed, that the charging infrastructure is well short of people's expectations.

On a busy day you may need to queue for 5 or 10 minutes to fill with petrol. You may need to wait an hour or more for a vacant charger as more 'leccy' cars arrive.

Best bring your gun. :)
I never have to queue for diesel, Asda has 12 pumps and I usually just drive straight up to one. The petrol stations in the vicinity of Asda are usually very quiet, seeing as the thieving bastards want up to 10p more per litre.
The choice here is a 10-25 minute delay (worse when Tesco have a 5p/l off voucher scheme running), or £1.50 a litre with minimal queuing for fuel, but a 10-15m delay to pay, and an argument about drinking hot coffee at 90mph with a arrogant Scottish idiot who needs lumping.
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 04 March 2020, 19:21:16 »

Yep....they do give the impression of being 'slung together' like something from BL in the seventies.

Having said that the Model 3 performance is appealing for the price.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 05 March 2020, 00:49:56 »

Yep....they do give the impression of being 'slung together' like something from BL in the seventies.

Having said that the Model 3 performance is appealing for the price.
And much better screwed together than its big sisters. For me, if you actually want to drive and own an ev, rather than pontificate about them as the journos love to do, Tesla wins hands down.

The simple reason is infrastructure. The way they are setup now, even their basic model will do you for 350-400 miles with a single 20-30 min stop enroute, which is workable for 90% plus of people who are in that market.

aaronjb

« Reply #50 on: 05 March 2020, 07:43:35 »

The simple reason is infrastructure. The way they are setup now, even their basic model will do you for 350-400 miles with a single 20-30 min stop enroute, which is workable for 90% plus of people who are in that market.

Jaime will be along in a minute to tell you how that's all bollards and they only manage 50 miles on a charge in reality..

... Just saving him a job this morning ;D :D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 05 March 2020, 12:51:23 »

Jaime will be along in a minute to tell you how that's all bollards and they only manage 50 miles on a charge in reality..

When I gave the I-Pace a bit of welly I noticed the remaining range dropped alarmingly.

Bearing in mind TB drives with his right foot welded to the floor 50 miles may be a tad optimistic. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 05 March 2020, 12:57:31 »

......not to mention his weight. :)

STEMO

« Reply #53 on: 05 March 2020, 13:04:54 »

Just stick to diesel......you know it makes sense.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 05 March 2020, 13:25:34 »

Yes......you are starting to win me over. :)

Thank you for showing me the error of my ways.
« Last Edit: 05 March 2020, 13:27:32 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

STEMO

« Reply #55 on: 05 March 2020, 14:59:41 »

Are you, by any chance, taking the piss?  ;D

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 05 March 2020, 15:00:20 »

When I gave the I-Pace a bit of welly I noticed the remaining range dropped alarmingly.

Bearing in mind TB drives with his right foot welded to the floor 50 miles may be a tad optimistic. :)

I was getting a comfortable 210 miles out of a charge on my commute and it was sub zero temperatures so lower capacity and a lower state of charge to begin with.

The newer software ups this a bit to

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 05 March 2020, 15:26:16 »

I was getting a comfortable 210 miles out of a charge on my commute and it was sub zero temperatures so lower capacity and a lower state of charge to begin with.

Yeah.....but with TB. :( ::) ::) ::) ::) ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 05 March 2020, 15:29:18 »

Are you, by any chance, taking the piss?  ;D

May I give you my word as a gentleman, I would never dream of doing such a thing. :)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 05 March 2020, 17:20:21 »

This is interesting, have JLR said whether this is releasing more usable battery capacity, or is it to do with more efficient energy usage in the motor/inverter?

Also, is the update being pushed out to all i-pace, or is it going forward from a specific build number?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.