Author Topic: ULEZ  (Read 6027 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
ULEZ
« on: 28 August 2023, 13:57:51 »

So from midnight tonight the London ULEZ is being extended.  For me that means that when I drive  in northern Kent I can go into the Greater London charging zone.

On BBC there is a news report often repeated, with the reporter stating “any car registered before 2005 will have to pay the charge”.

WRONG!! ::) ::)

According to the online official checker for this charge my 2003, 3.2 Omega is exempt as it meets the criteria of acceptable omissions. :D :D

Very strange really.  So a 3.2 of 2003 is ok, but others of the time are not and will cost their owners dearly every day they travel towards the City.  Just when everyone not on mega bucks is struggling to cope with their living costs!! >:( >:(

Bloody stupid! >:( >:(
« Last Edit: 28 August 2023, 13:59:57 by Lizzie Zoom »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: ULEZ
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2023, 14:28:32 »

One interesting loophole I saw is that imported cars are exempt.  ::)

So for example you could have a Volvo XC70 T6 (3ltr straight 6 petrol with around 300 bhp), that was first registered in Japan and then imported to the UK, and be exempt from ULEZ and the other LEZ's around the country.  :)  However, if you had the identical car that was first registered in the UK, you have to pay!   :(

Bonkers!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 August 2023, 14:49:28 »

According to the online official checker for this charge my 2003, 3.2 Omega is exempt as it meets the criteria of acceptable omissions. :D :D

Quite simply if a petrol engine meets Euro 4 compliance when built it is ULEZ compliant. Same rules for all CAZ and ULEZ, nothing has changed there since their inception so yet another no news story from the press.

What the news should be reporting is how a scam such as this can be legal - If Khan really cared about the environment he would ban all so called 'polluting vehicles' from the ULEZ zone and provide a so called 'green' alternative, but. there's an opportunity to scam people out of money who have no means to meet the vehicle criteria.

Just to add insult to the situation, Westiminister City Council (and probably others) add a surcharge to park a non-ULEZ compliant car.... Not sure what they are smoking but as far as I am aware, a vehicle without an engine running (because funnily enough it's parked) doesn't produce any tailpipe emissions.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 August 2023, 15:09:46 »

Another 'loophole' is that drivers of non conforming vans or cars that have to drive in for business purposes can claim the charge back from HMRC as a business expense. So the taxpayer, i.e. us, pay for it.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 August 2023, 16:39:23 »

It's a disgrace ,all these folk  will be contributing to the building of new Mosques all around the London area , its got bugger all to do with cleaner air. Mr Khan is undoubtedly a psychopath who just wants to control the capital & more his way.
« Last Edit: 28 August 2023, 16:42:16 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 August 2023, 17:03:13 »

Whatever happened to all the good folk who used to assassinate people like him?
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 August 2023, 17:07:10 »

Christ don't go giving Mick ideas!  :o  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 August 2023, 17:20:54 »

Christ don't go giving Mick ideas!  :o  ;D

Give us a job.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 August 2023, 18:04:53 »

It's a disgrace, all these folk  will be contributing to the building of new Mosques all around the London area, its got bugger all to do with cleaner air. Mr Khan is undoubtedly a psychopath who just wants to control the capital & more his way.

Which folk? The ones who pay the ULEZ, the ones who don't, the ones who created/collect/are associated with it in some way or the tinfoil hat oppswits who couldn't read the instructions that told them what the handful of 6" nails the hat came with are meant to be used for?

This is a continuation of policies that saw London build sewers and water supplies, introduced laws to reduce the tons of horseshit every day, and worked towards removing coal as a power source because it was known that they were cheaper than not doing them.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 August 2023, 19:16:06 »

Yeah it's great, hardly likely to be the people who don't pay it now is it.
« Last Edit: 28 August 2023, 19:29:15 by Rangie »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 August 2023, 19:33:03 »

AFAIK, no petrol Omega is EU4.  I think the 2.2 petrol was EU3, and most V6 were EU2?

TBE was exempt from corrupt Khan's tax for pulling down statues of white people due to using green fuel, LPG.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 August 2023, 19:42:58 »

AFAIK, no petrol Omega is EU4.  I think the 2.2 petrol was EU3, and most V6 were EU2?

TBE was exempt from corrupt Khan's tax for pulling down statues of white people due to using green fuel, LPG.
Any late registered manual Omega is exempt. The 2003 sales brochure categorically states that the 2.2 petrol manual is Euro 4 compliant.

Obviously, if the GLC is too retarded to figure this out, that's on them.

Also, the Erou1234567 compliance of any given vehicle is almost irrelevant.

The CofC is issued at the point of construction. It's perfectly acceptable that a car produced and Certified as Conforming at the point of manufacture may well exceed the requirements at that point in time whilst only being certified against the standard that point in time ... ie Albs Midlifecrisis ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 August 2023, 20:20:22 »

I thought the later ,"drive by wire " V6s where compliant  :-\
my 2.6 is (53 plate)  :)
even our petrol astra H 2005 and 2007 (z16xep) are clean air zone Brum, London etc exempt  :)
the dirty diesels (2005 & 2007 1.7 CDTi) not so much  >:D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 August 2023, 20:59:46 »

the dirty diesels (2005 & 2007 1.7 CDTi) not so much  >:D
Diesels have to be EU6 to be compliant with this tax.  So around 2015 onwards, pigs piss and all that...
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 August 2023, 21:00:32 »

E have got this madness all over Europe.

We bought our stucker (about £5) but werent sure where in the screen to put it. Reading the blurb it is bottom right  went to Granada city centre and parked below a hotel bang in the centre as usual. Never saw another sticker all day yet apparently scheme is in operation.

You can drive in , in a polluter, and park in a city centre pak without charge/fine. The machines are apparently linked to the cameras.

Worse is that Portugal and France operate different schemes. We do a lot driving around but it is getting harder every day. Most Spanish towns are bound to introduce ULEZs by end of 2023 including our locall 20,000 people town. Cameras are already up. .

What I need is n app to avoid LEZ’d. Is there one yet?

Cannot afford to change car yet…………
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 17 queries.