Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Armrest Omega/Catera  (Read 2160 times)

feeutfo

Re: Armrest Omega/Catera
« Reply #15 on: 16 January 2010, 10:46:28 »

yet more pedantic, high ground, not to mention unhelpfull comments fron the high horse brigade on here. Really is becoming very boring.

I beleive the post Lazydocker is talking about relates to a a vw polo cup holder unit bolted to the underside of the face lift arm rest. Might be what the op is looking for?

Ah .. you don't like someones opinion  ....  didn't realise it wasn't allowed .. :)

I'll explain it simply for you:

IMHO a cup holder position by a drivers elbow is an invitation for it to be used, that use, again IMHO, would constitute a safety hazard due to the difficulty of physically taking hold of something from beside your elbow, the distraction involved in doing so, and the danger this puts other road users in.

Now, I tried to put that view in a more friendly, jovial manner, however as that is "boring" to you .. have the honest truth.
i didnt mention your opinion, more the condisending and unhelpfull nature of it. Your reply is of no use to Dany watsoever, he is a new member and in my opinion both yours and Andys remarks may well be offputting to him,

Quite what gives you the right to tell him uninvited what he should be doing with his car and cup holders...?

Perhaps if you get a moment you may assist in a search for the above mentioned post for him, i must confess i can not find it....
...or maybe not if GM's US cars are so iresponsibly dangerous as you imply, what utter rubbish.

have we been on the pop Chris?  :-?  :-?  :-?
I wasn't being pedantic or on my moral high ground, just stating the fact that I can't understand why you need cup holders in a car. The Yanks never seem to have a can/bucket sized cup of full sugar 'soda' out of their hands, hence their obsession with cup holders. Europe doesn't (yet) tend to be the same.

i dont think he cares what you think of his modification  Andy. He's asking for help not a soap box.

Dany

• Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 January 2010, 11:12:30 »

For answer to you Andy and Entwood, I am not the "Europe", I'm just someone who runs a lot on the highway, and I just need something that takes my can of Coke! You want to keep it for me during I drive? Otherwise I need a cup holder...

That said, I also wonder why some people install a concert hall in their Omega then it already has a Bose sound ... Or why a Irmscher body kit? That does not do anything for drive right? If everyone thinks like that, there is no forum! And why create a forum if we have all the same cars???

Chris, thank you for defending me and I'm agree with you but please no war here, we are here to help us before all! I just wonder if it exist, that's all...

All this does not answer my question but I think it's better to close this post... I'll ask my problem elsewhere!

feeutfo

« Reply #17 on: 16 January 2010, 12:33:45 »

For answer to you Andy and Entwood, I am not the "Europe", I'm just someone who runs a lot on the highway, and I just need something that takes my can of Coke! You want to keep it for me during I drive? Otherwise I need a cup holder...

That said, I also wonder why some people install a concert hall in their Omega then it already has a Bose sound ... Or why a Irmscher body kit? That does not do anything for drive right? If everyone thinks like that, there is no forum! And why create a forum if we have all the same cars???

Chris, thank you for defending me and I'm agree with you but please no war here, we are here to help us before all! I just wonder if it exist, that's all...

All this does not answer my question but I think it's better to close this post... I'll ask my problem elsewhere!
have been searching the forum for pictures, i beleive it is exactly what your looking for. Will post here or pm the link if i ever find it. :y

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 January 2010, 12:43:48 »

Very good Dany. I like that a lot ;D ;D ;D
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 January 2010, 14:40:49 »

Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious but my Omega has storage in the armrest, and if you lift the whole armrest up there is a rubber insert in a void behind the handbrake that has a cup holder in it.

Not the most accessible place when driving but being low and on the centre line of the car means it never spills. :y

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

feeutfo

« Reply #20 on: 16 January 2010, 15:14:44 »

found it, didnt take long did it ::)
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1254087448/0

indeed it does Kev, indeed it does. As said in the link its a bit too far back and a little awkward, i think the under arm rest thing is more user friendly, allows the rest to stay down, and adds further storage in place of the rubber insert, i have a gps module in there as its close to the rear 12v socket.

anyway, hope helps. :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 January 2010, 20:13:34 »

I knew I'd seen it somewhere but was too tired to look last night ::) ::)

And for the doubters... I like to have a cup holder. It is proven that drinking water when driving keeps you more alert than any caffeine based product and I drink gallons of both water and coffee when travelling, but only on motorways/dual carriageways. Cup holders really are a big oversight by Vx on the Omega and I will almost certainly carry out the linked mod to mine :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Dany

• Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 January 2010, 23:19:16 »

Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious but my Omega has storage in the armrest, and if you lift the whole armrest up there is a rubber insert in a void behind the handbrake that has a cup holder in it.

Not the most accessible place when driving but being low and on the centre line of the car means it never spills. :y

Kevin

Since I saw the other system, I think this is not very practical, I like to use my armrest on the highway... And the other solution offers a cup holder also for the passenger ;)

RobG, Kevin and Lazydocker, thank you for agree with me!

Chris, you're the best!! It's exactly what I'm looking for!! It's pity that there is no picture from below. Has he finally created an installation guide in the section "How To"? I have not found...

So this armrest does not exist, we must create it ourselves... Now I get my answer!

feeutfo

« Reply #23 on: 17 January 2010, 01:19:28 »

Kevin

Since I saw the other system, I think this is not very practical, I like to use my armrest on the highway... And the other solution offers a cup holder also for the passenger ;)

RobG, Kevin and Lazydocker, thank you for agree with me!

Chris, you're the best!! It's exactly what I'm looking for!! It's pity that there is no picture from below. Has he finally created an installation guide in the section "How To"? I have not found...

So this armrest does not exist, we must create it ourselves... Now I get my answer!
Thats what we want Dany, happy Omega owners. :y....

.....and that, gentlmen, is all that matters. :-X

Dany

• Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 January 2010, 01:45:10 »

I fully share your view Chris, I'm glad there are people like you here...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.