Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Year What Model?  (Read 931 times)

alunonhisown

What Year What Model?
« on: 16 January 2010, 19:31:51 »

I have decided that the MV6 I am getting off Josh is going to my son, so I am looking for an Elite or a CDX for myself.
What year or model was the telematics installed in, I have looked at loads and cannot find any, Josh has told me that telamatics are rare, but if only I know what I was looking for, so any advice will be gratefully appreciated
Thanks
Diane

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: What Year What Model?
« Reply #1 on: 16 January 2010, 19:38:04 »

1999 mini facelift CDX and Elites have CCRT700 stereo with intgral phone.

None of the facelifts came with telematics as std. Its a rare option, as most people prefer to use a carkit and their existing phone,

I have telematics and a carkit (Nokia ck-7w), usually use the carkit phone, and all incoming is on carkit, as poeple know that number.
Grumpy old man

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2010, 19:40:59 »

The factory fitted teletmatic units on facelifts are the CCRT 2008 and the NCDC 2015.
The CCRT 2008 was an option on every model, so could be fitted to a GLS or an Elite. The NCDC 2015 was an option on all but the GLS.
So it's just trying to find one that has it fitted. There aren't many around with the either the CCRT 2008 or NCDC 2015.
In reality it'd be much easier to get a bluetooth kit if you need to have the ability to make and receive phone calls.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 January 2010, 20:12:35 »

I've got the same setup as TheBoy in my Elite and also tend to use the nokia carkit more than the Telematics. Nothing wrong with the telematics setup, just everyone knows the nokia mobile number.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 January 2010, 20:16:08 »

TBH I'd just fit a branded hands free kit... It's what I'll do if my next one doesn't have telematics :y :y

Incidentally, my '99 has the built in phone and LPG and may well be up for sale soon ::) ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

sneakypenguin

• Intermediate Member
  • Birmingham
  • Xbox gamertag MagicGinjaninja
    • 07 Volvo V70 T5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 January 2010, 23:40:11 »

I've got the ccrt700 and just shove a sim (voda) in it then divert my mobile (o2) to the car when I'm driving, easy peasy!
07 Volvo V70 T5 SE ex police

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 January 2010, 11:11:53 »

I've got the ccrt700 and just shove a sim (voda) in it then divert my mobile (o2) to the car when I'm driving, easy peasy!
Its the constant diverting/undiverting thats too much effort, hence I have a seperate carkit as well as built in phone
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #7 on: 17 January 2010, 14:28:43 »

luckily my elite has the full set with 2015 head unit colour screen and telematics...which is sited in the glove box...and fills it by about 70%. I'll re site it in the boot one day as tbh an empty glove box will be of more use, esp with the easy to use car kits available

goonv6

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 January 2010, 00:14:07 »

I've got a mini facelift with CCRT700 stereo fitted and it works really well. I use a tesco mobile sim and have my calls diverted to that phone if I don't answer after 5 rings. Tesco are offering double top up on their sims at the moment so £10 has got me £30 till the end of the month!

Like all have said on here,its worth getting an aftermarket kit really, they are virtually invisible and pair with your phone immediately. If you really want it built in, then mini facelift CCRT700 stereo units work ok and are cheap to replace if they go wrong.I've also fitted sat nav which cost me about £55 all in. However,I know that you're looking for a facelift...

Which brings me to an aside. My wife's work colleague has got a facelift Elite estate and I drove this before getting my mini facelift. She's got the same spec as me (With a few little extra toys) but I was suprised when I saw how rusty hers was. It was also much tattier on the inside than mine! I reckon that the mini facelift is far more sturdy!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 January 2010, 09:14:37 »

I've got a mini facelift with CCRT700 stereo fitted and it works really well. I use a tesco mobile sim and have my calls diverted to that phone if I don't answer after 5 rings. Tesco are offering double top up on their sims at the moment so £10 has got me £30 till the end of the month!

Like all have said on here,its worth getting an aftermarket kit really, they are virtually invisible and pair with your phone immediately. If you really want it built in, then mini facelift CCRT700 stereo units work ok and are cheap to replace if they go wrong.I've also fitted sat nav which cost me about £55 all in. However,I know that you're looking for a facelift...

Which brings me to an aside. My wife's work colleague has got a facelift Elite estate and I drove this before getting my mini facelift. She's got the same spec as me (With a few little extra toys) but I was suprised when I saw how rusty hers was. It was also much tattier on the inside than mine! I reckon that the mini facelift is far more sturdy!
Facelift interior does show its age quicker. Generally, with the exception of estate tailgates, the facelifts are less prone to bodywork rust.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.