Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Running on bio fuel  (Read 815 times)

Miggy24

• Exeter,Devon
    • View Profile
Running on bio fuel
« on: 16 January 2010, 19:20:29 »

Hi all me and a mate wanna try and make some bio fuel well my mate does i just wanna see how it works etc.Is there anyone on here that has done this before and if so wots the best way of doing it.Is it just the case of filteing all the crap out and putting it in the tank or is there more to it.Any help would be great  :y

sexydaz

Re: Running on bio fuel
« Reply #1 on: 16 January 2010, 19:42:03 »

i read somat similar on landrovers about having to preheat the oil and changing the fuel filter also abit like lpg start up on diesel then switch to bio could be wrong somebody will be along and know all about it :y

KillerWatt

« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2010, 22:27:05 »

Hi all me and a mate wanna try and make some bio fuel well my mate does i just wanna see how it works etc.Is there anyone on here that has done this before and if so wots the best way of doing it.Is it just the case of filteing all the crap out and putting it in the tank or is there more to it.Any help would be great  :y
The cost of setting yourself up as a producer will outweigh any benefits unless you intend to keep the same car, etc for the next 10 years plus.

Then factor in that most diesel motors out there won't run on anything more than E20 at best (unless they are really old school).....it won't be worth your while IMO.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 January 2010, 16:45:01 »

My brother has been running his car(Peugeot) exclusively on home made bio fuel for some years now. He bought a still off Ebay for not much dosh. The trick is to be able to source the old veggy oil. He actually gets stuff given in return for taking it away. That makes it very cheap per litre. He just made 180 litres last week.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

KillerWatt

« Reply #4 on: 17 January 2010, 19:31:19 »

My brother has been running his car(Peugeot) exclusively on home made bio fuel for some years now. He bought a still off Ebay for not much dosh. The trick is to be able to source the old veggy oil. He actually gets stuff given in return for taking it away. That makes it very cheap per litre. He just made 180 litres last week.
Your brother obviously doesn't have the HDi lump in his car then ;)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 January 2010, 21:07:31 »

Colleague of mine has a nissan patrol 3.0, 2002 model DTi

He runs it on biofuel, he has a heating tank, the lot - works wonders for him, the setup cost him £500 I belive
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.