Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Young drivers-More accident prone nowadays?  (Read 3468 times)

The Sheriff

Re: Young drivers-More accident prone nowadays?
« Reply #30 on: 16 March 2015, 20:50:52 »

I must say there are too many gadgets in cars these days. Take this Insigina I've got on loan. The centre console is like a mini computer. There's a mouse & clicker where the handbrake was and its taking me ages to find out how to change the radio channel, let alone the other dozens of apps that's in the 'entertainment system'. Very distracting if you ask me.

J Clarkson comment on that years ago. He asked what was wrong with a switch for this & another switch for that instead of the current trend to to a have screen that you navigate around to alter any manner of things

Bloody technofobes ;D

:-[  ;D
Your old Ipad doesn't have a spellchecker....does it?  ;D

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #31 on: 16 March 2015, 20:51:32 »

Must be getting old!!!

The Sheriff

« Reply #32 on: 16 March 2015, 20:54:47 »

Don't tell me that an all-singing, all-dancing climate control system is that much better than three rotary dials, either. Cause it isn't, just more complicated and less reliable.

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 16 March 2015, 20:59:52 »

Don't tell me that an all-singing, all-dancing climate control system is that much better than three rotary dials, either. Cause it isn't, just more complicated and less reliable.

If the software is any good on cc, only the temp needs adjusting. Demist aside.

Whenever you see worn out cc buttons on an omega cc panel, you know the owner doesn't understand this.

It will manage the temp, until the temp you set arrives, and it will hold it there, until you say otherwise.

The Sheriff

« Reply #34 on: 16 March 2015, 21:03:31 »

Whenever you see worn out cc buttons on an omega cc panel, you know the owner doesn't understand this.

It will manage the temp, until the temp you set arrives, and it will hold it there, until you say otherwise.
Can't remember on an omega, it's been a while, but on mine, if you use the 'auto' button, it puts the fan on full speed until it gets to the right temperature, and then faffs around trying to keep it there. So you might get the correct temp, but your can't here yourself think. ;D

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 16 March 2015, 21:07:06 »

Korean software see ;)

The Sheriff

« Reply #36 on: 16 March 2015, 21:12:12 »

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 16 March 2015, 21:13:16 »

Korean software see ;)
That be it.

I wonder do Koreans do software updates?

The Sheriff

« Reply #38 on: 16 March 2015, 21:21:30 »

Korean software see ;)
That be it.

I wonder do Koreans do software updates?
Errrr......Seoul is the most connected city in the world with internet speeds we can only dream of....technologically light years ahead of us.......so maybe. But, then again, they're only assembling GM shite....so maybe not.  :-\

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 16 March 2015, 23:23:47 »

Can't remember on an omega, it's been a while, but on mine, if you use the 'auto' button, it puts the fan on full speed until it gets to the right temperature, and then faffs around trying to keep it there. So you might get the correct temp, but your can't here yourself think. ;D

Now the Honda will not do that, it will push air to the screen but until the temperature  of the car gets up it will not put warm air to the floor.............. ;) ;)

As for OP's post, cars are so much faster than of old, yes brakes and suspension is better, but this  builds a sense of false security............. :-\ :-\

I feel also that young drivers have grown up with a number of computer games, that we did not have, that make driving at high speed 'safe' in as much as you can press the reset button................ :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #40 on: 16 March 2015, 23:36:21 »

150mph on a dry, empty multi lane road with good visibility needn't be any less safe than driving to the end of the road.

And before you say blowout or pheasant... consider that it is possible to roll a car at twenty miles an hour on a straight road by reacting inappropriately to any given situation, as shown of BBC3 earlier tonight (Traffic Cops iirc)...

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 16 March 2015, 23:46:48 »

150mph on a dry, empty multi lane road with good visibility needn't be any less safe than driving to the end of the road.

And before you say blowout or pheasant... consider that it is possible to roll a car at twenty miles an hour on a straight road by reacting inappropriately to any given situation, as shown of BBC3 earlier tonight (Traffic Cops iirc)...

I wouldn't do that speed in the Honda, Winter tyres currently fitted, let alone the an Omega, now the Mitsubishi Gallant, I chickened out at around 130.......... ;) ;) :-X

05omegav6

« Reply #42 on: 17 March 2015, 00:05:34 »

The Honda would struggle to top 130...

But it's what big exec cruisers are built to do all day long... :y

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 17 March 2015, 00:11:54 »

The Honda would struggle to top 130...

But it's what big exec cruisers are built to do all day long... :y

Maybe, but the Mitsubishi was as quick as quick can be....... :y :y

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 19 March 2015, 18:56:37 »

my thoughts on orignal post?

its quite simple really,
the older generations were taught to drive a vehicle safely and properly,we got road experience?

Nowadays they are only taught how to pass the test!
which is the root cause of new drivers having accidents, they do not know how to drive, even  when they have passed the test, they have no clue where they are going, what they are doing,what to do in an emergency situation involving their vehicle,or what happens under the bonnet,they are not told that a vehicle is a dangerous weapon,they are not shown how to brake in an emergency situation except jam the brakes on and hope the abs sorts it,

and totally agree about new cars having to much electronic toys, ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.