Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Accident  (Read 3622 times)

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
Accident
« on: 03 April 2015, 20:03:54 »

My daughter had an accident in her recently bought Corsa , the brakes and steering failed an she went straight into the curbing at 20 mph  :( Luckily it was there an not on the motorway .

Anyway does she have any come back on the bloke who sold her it ? He is a dealer but i advised her not to buy from him as there was issues with the car and he tried to sell her it with a broken drive shaft until i intervened  >:( She's a bit shook up but i dont know what we should do  :-\
Omegatitis

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Re: Accident
« Reply #1 on: 03 April 2015, 20:10:51 »

Did it have a recent m.o.t.on it when she purchased it......did he explain any faults to her on purchase..was it sold to her as...trade sale....

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 April 2015, 20:13:14 »

Private seller or dealer?

Brakes and steering failure!! :o We Corsa owners are concerned. I hope it was something simple like a track rod end becoming detached.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 April 2015, 20:33:55 »

Did it have a recent m.o.t.on it when she purchased it......did he explain any faults to her on purchase..was it sold to her as...trade sale....

Mot yep

Said it had all been checked and all advisories were dealt with .

One of the advisories were brake pipes  :(

Trade sale and he is a Dealer .
« Last Edit: 03 April 2015, 20:35:39 by EMD »
Omegatitis

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 April 2015, 20:39:00 »

how much m.o.t was on it....if it was a full year then contact vosa and make enquiries as to what you can do. :y......if it waqs a full m.o.t then it could not have been inspected properly and i would tell the guy that unless he sorts it out you will inform vosa and if they find anything funny going on they will come down on the m.o.t station like a tonne of bricks, :y

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 April 2015, 20:43:43 »

how much m.o.t was on it....if it was a full year then contact vosa and make enquiries as to what you can do. :y......if it waqs a full m.o.t then it could not have been inspected properly and i would tell the guy that unless he sorts it out you will inform vosa and if they find anything funny going on they will come down on the m.o.t station like a tonne of bricks, :y

Im sure he put a full mot on it . I told him about the drive shaft and he said oh its only making that noise cos its been standing . I demanded it to be checked an he came back and apologised as his mechanic had overlooked it  >:( Then he said if anything goes wrong with the car i will fix for you at a discounted rate  ::)

I feel like knocking his lights out but obviously i wont ..
Omegatitis

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #6 on: 03 April 2015, 20:53:43 »

Only speaking from my professional experience (did police attend?) I was sent to a similar situation a couple of years back and had the car examined by our vehicle examiner. Once the results were in it was straight to  Vosa & they dealt with the garage and  :o :o :o worse than anything I could throw at them!!!!

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 April 2015, 21:01:55 »

Im trying to find out from my daughter if he put a full mot on it , even if he didnt the fact he said to me that all the advisories were dealt with should give me some sort of come back .. no ?  :-\
Omegatitis

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 April 2015, 21:07:14 »

Only speaking from my professional experience (did police attend?) I was sent to a similar situation a couple of years back and had the car examined by our vehicle examiner. Once the results were in it was straight to  Vosa & they dealt with the garage and  :o :o :o worse than anything I could throw at them!!!!

Are these examiners available to look over the general public cars Jason ?
Omegatitis

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 April 2015, 21:13:38 »

I hope Im not speaking out of turn, but have you examined the car (or had it examined by a professional) to determine brake and steering failure ?
I have heard drivers who were a bit short of experience describe terminal understeer in a very similar manner.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 April 2015, 21:20:57 »

She had just come off a slip road an down to a roundabout , braked .. brakes failed .. steering loss , she went in a straight line into the roundabout .

I drove the car once and all seemed fine apart from what i would describe as a worn drop link noise  :-\
Omegatitis

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 April 2015, 21:25:47 »

She had just come off a slip road an down to a roundabout , braked .. brakes failed .. steering loss , she went in a straight line into the roundabout .

I drove the car once and all seemed fine apart from what i would describe as a worn drop link noise  :-\

does it steer and brake now? Because I've had those symptoms described to me when the real fault was the engine stalling.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 April 2015, 21:27:31 »

does it steer and brake now? Because I've had those symptoms described to me when the real fault was the engine stalling.

Ive not seen the car yet nick but from what she described , it starts but wont steer or brake

If it makes any difference its a 2002 1.2 manual sxi
« Last Edit: 03 April 2015, 21:30:08 by EMD »
Omegatitis

dad1uk

• Omega Knight
  • Birmingham
    • Vauxhall Zafira 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 April 2015, 21:42:55 »

Where is the car?
As Jason said, are the Police involved?
If not I think an independent assessment as to the state of the car is needed before you think about going after the garage.
If it is that bad you will need a written assessment by an MOT garage.
best wishes
Simon.

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #14 on: 03 April 2015, 21:46:19 »

Are these examiners available to look over the general public cars Jason ?

If you ask VOSA they will look at it for you (at a price usually MOT cost) ours are trained to the same standard and do the equivalent job to the VOSA ones but are in house & work for us. DON'T take it to a normal testing station, make inquiries with VOSA, once you've had chance to see it & get the lowdown from ya daughter.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.