Chat Area > General Car Chat

Astra J - Weird electric behaviour

(1/7) > >>

pscocoa:
Been very quiet on car front and no real issues with Astra 2012 since I got it 7.5 years ago.  But on the very hot day last week instruments went haywire, codes could not be read as no communication with AA equipment. Abs and gearbox fault lights on. Taken to main dealer who having left it a few days as they were fully booked saying today car is driving normally and they can read codes and no faults showing. Battery tested,  alternator charging ok etc. They will test again tomorrow. Weird - told them to test on uphill as the problem seemed to happen when load placed on engine and transmission

Sir Tigger KC:
Climate change innit.  :)

dave the builder:
Computers , ECUs etc don't like extreme heat and throw a wobbly
Engine ECU is under the bonnet on many astras  :'(
If it's OK now after "turning it off and on again" I wouldn't spend too much time and money chasing ghosts .

though I hear we have a 2 week heatwave due mid August  :P

pscocoa:
Thanks Dave - it was still behaving erratically even when left over night. I got it down to dealers with AA following and several warnings showing- dealer wasn’t able to touch it for a few days and when they did no codes showing at all. If it is as you say regarding ECU and heat then I suppose they will ring me after further road test today to ask me to pick it up. Surprised others not reporting similar problems from what I can see.

Doctor Gollum:
Underbonnet temps easily exceed 40 degrees. The problem is most likely in the dash somewhere... But it will throw all its toys out thanks to the way Canbus works.  ;)

Are you still leaving it in the station carpark all day? Or is it otherwise left in the sun :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version