Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Omega V6 downpipe gasket

<< < (2/2)

Doctor Gollum:

--- Quote from: Andy B on 27 February 2024, 00:08:07 ---
--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 26 February 2024, 21:42:26 ---Have you tried genuine ones?

--- End quote ---

Did you read the question?  ::)

--- End quote ---
Reading is overrated  :P

cam.in.head:
on some cars ? the front pipe gasket can fail early if it wasnt tightened enough to start with or if you made the mistake of using any sealant !
so in theory if the mating surfaces are good and clean. tightened correctly and a good quality gasket with no abnormal movement of the actual pipe and aligned correctly all should be well ?

cwill144:
I answered the question earlier. I have fitted the genuine ones and the o/s failed. No sealant was fitted. What should it torqued to?
The only other thing I can think is speed bumps causing it. Can you get standard springs as they all seam to be lowered ones. It has eibach ones on it but would rather it standard ones.

sjc:
Are the frontpipes the original/genuine GM 2.6 articles?

Just thinking... when you fit the earlier frontpipes to 2.6/3.2 manifolds you have to grind a few mm off where the pipe extends beyond the flange.  If you don't the joint won't close up properly.

cwill144:
It’s a 3.0L and think they are genuine GM downpipes. As only one side is a problem will have to it there is an issue with those flanges.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version